TMZ: The Gloves Are Off Jamie Vs. Jodi

Britney Spears has a front-row seat for a battle royale between her father and her personal conservator, Jodi Montgomery, who's firing back at Jamie Spears ... claiming she's the only one moving Britney closer to her ultimate goal of freedom.

Montgomery filed docs Friday, blasting Britney's dad for attempting to lay blame at her feet for Britney's brutal testimony about her treatment under the conservatorship. In the docs, Montgomery says she's received "countless" messages about one thing -- getting her father out of her life and the conservatorship.

Jodi says, "It is ironic that Mr. Spears now wants the conservatorship to 'reflect her wishes' since it is no secret that Ms. Spears has wished her father out of her life for years."

As for Jamie implying, in a previous filing, that Jodi or others have prevented him from communicating with Britney ... Jodi's attorney writes, "Ms. Spears is the one who cut him off ... That is her choice not Ms. Montgomery's."

According to the docs, Jodi also says it's absurd for Jamie to suggest she's making decisions without him, because "everything costs money," and all the expenses go through Jamie in his role as conservator of Britney's estate.

britney and jamie spears instagram

Jodi insists she is actively working to address the concerns Britney raised during her testimonyby working with her medical team to develop a "comprehensive care plan" that will create a path to ending the conservatorship.

The driving point Jodi's making is ... she's down with Britney's desire to be free of the conservatorship, but wants to do it responsibly with input from her doctors -- and she's implying Jamie is not.

In the docs, she points out Britney's father has never fully relinquished control, as he's remained either a sole or co-conservator for the last 13 years -- and she claims he's left open the possibility he'll be the last man standing to claim full control.

As we've reported, several entities have recently jumped ship -- including intended co-conservators of the estate, Bessemer Trust, Britney's attorney, Sam Ingham, and her longtime manager Larry Rudolph ... although he was not directly involved in the conservatorship.

Jodi says she's "committed to staying" so she can complete Britney's new care plan and eventually dissolve the conservatorship. Something she calls "a goal that may not necessarily be shared by Mr. Spears."

Yeah, it's a full-on war now.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/09/britney-spears-conservatorship-jodi-montgomery-fight-father-jamie/

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

I don't trust them, they're just creating distraction to buy some extra time. Not falling for that. 

I do believe Jamie never had any interest or intent to ever set Britney free!

It’s strange that after 13 years only now are they trying to work with Britney to make things better when that should’ve been the case over a decade ago!

• Like 3

unpopular opinion.. but I THINK that Jodi may actually be trying to get her out of the conservatorship... not on the timeline WE the fans would like.. but eventually I think she will be free if she stays with Jodi. Her dad clearly had ZERO interest in her freedom.. too much money to be made. But Jodi does this for a living and likely gets paid no matter who she is the conservator of. I think the issue was that Jamie had no intention of her freedom so he kept her "sick", drugged or without the proper therapy/rehabilitation. As much as Britney doesn't like therapy 2-3 times a week, it is likely what will get her out of this conservatorship faster because there will be proof to the judge that she's been properly rehabilitated. Also, Britney even stated, she doesn't mind the therapy - she just wants her privacy and so hopefully Jodi has or will be arranging for that. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, torontofan said:

unpopular opinion.. but I THINK that Jodi may actually be trying to get her out of the conservatorship... not on the timeline WE the fans would like.. but eventually I think she will be free if she stays with Jodi. Her dad clearly had ZERO interest in her freedom.. too much money to be made. But Jodi does this for a living and likely gets paid no matter who she is the conservator of. I think the issue was that Jamie had no intention of her freedom so he kept her "sick", drugged or without the proper therapy/rehabilitation. As much as Britney doesn't like therapy 2-3 times a week, it is likely what will get her out of this conservatorship faster because there will be proof to the judge that she's been properly rehabilitated. Also, Britney even stated, she doesn't mind the therapy - she just wants her privacy and so hopefully Jodi has or will be arranging for that. 

Agreed. I def think she's full on trying to help her now. I also think the reports are true about Britney begging her to stay on. Britney needs her to get out of this so yeah I believeit.  Jamie's world is going to come down crumbling., 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, torontofan said:

log off jodi.

3 hours ago, Mar3384 said:

I believe this 100% and I'm sure that there are docs to prove it. Give it a few and I bet one of the Free Britney accounts will tweet the docs. 

log off from both of your accounts jodi.

• Haha 2

Interesting that TMZ make no reference to the other facts Jodi stated - that Jamie has used $2million + of money from Britney's estate to fight against her wishes. 

Either way, this whole thing is getting messier every day. Both of them are in the wrong for using money from Britney's estate and that's where the problem lies. As Britney said herself, the laws need to change. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, torontofan said:

unpopular opinion.. but I THINK that Jodi may actually be trying to get her out of the conservatorship... not on the timeline WE the fans would like.. but eventually I think she will be free if she stays with Jodi. 

I agree that NOW Jodi wants to help Britney end the conservatorship, but I believe it’s only because of the public humiliation she is now going through and because she wants to pay back to Jamie for trying to push her under the bus.

Her professional reputation and hence the career is at stake now – the only way she has even a chance of redeeming herself is to help Britney end the conservatorship.

I believe the reason she wants to do it with time and medical doctors is that if she just said “ok, fine by me, let’s just end this s*** and let Britney go”, she would admit that Britney is already healthy and everyone would ask why she kept the conservatorship going and made Britney suffer if there’s nothing wrong with her. 🙄

I still hope the judge will decide that everything that has been going on proves that the only people who suffer from serious mental issues are those who kept Britney in the conservatorship. 👿