What do you remember about Britney's iconic rise to fame?

Britney was a generational star. Kind of like Michael Jackson was. She was everywhere. I remember getting Baby One More Time Cd after hearing it on a family trip to sea world. I literally BEGGED my mom to stop after to get the CD. You couldn’t escape her. She was on MTV, Disney, on the radio, played at everyone’s birthday etc. it’s crazy it’s already been 23 years since her debut. 

• Love 2

i feel like i've told this story a million times on this forum but it's always funny to me: the first time i saw britney in my entire life was the time i watched bomt mv while i was having lunch with my parents at a chinese restaurant. i asked my parents who that was because she seemed so cool - my dad said she was one of the spice girls that went solo. my mom corrected him and told me it was a new singer called britney spears. it was 99 and i was 6. i didn't stan right away because i was too young - i knew who she was because she was literally everywhere. then 6 years later, in 2004, she was already one of the most important music acts of all the time, a friend of mine who was older than me taught me the choreo to slave. i fell in love with her music instantly. 

• Love 2

I remember being like 10 and playing Pokemon on a Sunday and hearing BOMT for the first time and stopping playing to watch the video! 

I remember pretty much immediately noone said "Britney spears" they just said "Britney" and everyone even my grandparents knew who she was, I remember girls at school trying to copy the baby one more time look and basically every look she had in a video would be replicated at school. All the bad blonde dye jobs people got to emulate her.

The hoopla around her even though I was a kid, you simply couldn't escape it. 

And whenever you saw Britney was on the awards line up you knew it was gonna be epic. I had such  a crush on her even though I knew early on that I was gay haha 

Then she got so famous that everyone kinda got imo jealous and hated her and I felt weirdly protective of her. 

My wall at one time was painted with Britney posters 😅

• Love 1

first memory was probably watching the BOMT music video, i was 3 so I just wanted to watch cartoons and might've been annoyed this teenage girl kept popping up on tv.

As I got older, like 9-10 years old, I heard Toxic and couldn't stop dancing to it, I also thought Britney was so pretty in posters, album covers, etc. , so I just fell in love. The more I started exploring her other stuff, I got hooked, I loved all her songs!. It was so hard back then, I had to wait for her to come on the radio or show up on TV.  I loved her music first and foremost, it was hard to get access to performance clips and mv's so it was only later I could appreciate her dance. 

Sadly when I started stanning, it all went downhill for Britney from there.