Jump to content

Taylor Swift gets a writing credit on Olivia Rodrigo's "Deja Vu"


Recommended Posts

  • Leader

Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff, and St. Vincent received a co-writers credit on Olivia Rodrigo's Sour song, "Deja Vu." Specifically for the bridge of the song. Fans noticed a definite likeness.

Admittedly, Rodrigo long ago recognized the yelling part in "Deja Vu" was inspired by Swift's "Cruel Summer" of Lover

Then mysteriously this week, the metadata of "Deja Vu" included the trio of writers mentioned above. 

Swift's impact :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Exhale, do you hear the similarities? 

 

 

 

taylor-olivia.jpg.3d7e003797c6f09f7237a9c87cf5ce68.jpg

Exhale+  |  Apparel |  YouTube

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I recently paid attention to 'Deja Vu' and turns out to be a really good song. However, I can't see why Taylor, Jack, and Saint Vincent should be credited here. I personally can't find the similarities to 'Cruel Summer'... a certified bop, btw. 

The melody is ALMOST same, same chords and the end scream part. This is how plagiarizing is usually done in professional level, its ALMOST same but just enough distractions that people may ignore it. Though Olivia did nothing wrong since she credited the songwriters. Reminds me of the Express yourself/Born this way case though it wasnt just a bridge, the entire song was like express yourself but just slightly smth new

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

The melody is ALMOST same, same chords and the end scream part. This is how plagiarizing is usually done in professional level, its ALMOST same but just enough distractions that people may ignore it. Though Olivia did nothing wrong since she credited the songwriters. Reminds me of the Express yourself/Born this way case though it wasnt just a bridge, the entire song was like express yourself but just slightly smth new

ok now you just made me question if I need a hearing aid :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

ok now you just made me question if I need a hearing aid :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Olivia did what Gaga should have done. 

 

Respect. As we know if Taylor took her to court, she would have won. 

Google the dark horse case..

 

Katy and Luke are still fighting it saying the jury really don't know what they're talking about. 

Link to comment

It really IS the same melody but I still think it's a little...far.... to request a songwriting credit. Better to safe then sorry I guess.

I also just want to say that I've kind of been won over by Olivia over time specifically because her inspirations are so clear. Talor, Avril, Paramore, Lorde; Olivia Rodrigo's musical background just screams "good taste", and that's how SOUR ended up kind of being a whole bop to me in spite of feeling way to old to relate to her lyrics. 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, 1stopBopshop said:

It really IS the same melody but I still think it's a little...far.... to request a songwriting credit. Better to safe then sorry I guess.

I also just want to say that I've kind of been won over by Olivia over time specifically because her inspirations are so clear. Talor, Avril, Paramore, Lorde; Olivia Rodrigo's musical background just screams "good taste", and that's how SOUR ended up kind of being a whole bop to me in spite of feeling way to old to relate to her lyrics. 

I honestly think Olivia is at this point where if she keeps bringing up other girls and Taylor it will be detrimental. One thing is bringing up inspirational people for you and another one is becoming an ambassador. I swear there is not one freaking interview in which Taylor is not brought up. It's like wow, she disappears and becomes the Taylor fan and ita cute at the beginning but after 20 interviews, it's just like shut up already. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block