Madonna: "Slavery was abolished so long ago... Britney we coming to get you out of jail!"

A factor people aren't considering here is what Madonna and many others may have been doing/attempting to do behind closed doors. You honestly have no idea, and frankly, trying to do something privately is more of a big deal than sending out a tweet. Not everything is made public, especially in a situation like this where there's legal and professional implications. We simply don't know.

Yes, her PUBLIC support came later than is ideal, but I'm still very grateful for it. Thank you, Madge.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

I have conflicting feelings.

On the one hand, yes, it brings more awareness.

But on the other hand, according to Cher, Britney's situation was somewhat of an open secret in the industry for a long time. And all this time Madonna was silent. But now that Britney has an upper hand. Changes are taking place in the court, new laws are being considered, conservatorship abuse is under spotligh + The majority of the public is on Brit's side + NYT, Ronan, soon Netflix... 

And Madonna only decided to break her silence now when freebritney became WORLDWIDE popular and mainstream, now expressing support does not bear any risks at all. So, yeah... she is nothing more than an opportunist. Sorry, not sorry.

Britney is freeing Britney! Period!

You would have found reasons to complain even if she had spoken up earlier, stay pressed and bitter.

1 hour ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Wow, what a poor choice of words. Comparing slavering to Britney situation. Madonna always says the dumbest things.

You are dumb, Britney said "I'm nobody's slave" in her testimony and she compared her time in the mental institution to s£x trafficking. 

There are too many silly people in this thread, you give the movement a bad name 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

25 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Opened this thread expecting people to call her an old hag and has-been and wasn't disappointed. Keep that BS to yourselves because it adds nothing to your arguments. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Exactly, these posters are embarrassing like hell!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

For those of you saying that at least she’s continuing the conversation, bringing awareness etc… i mean this in the most respectful way possible but literally no one gives a **** about madonnas opinion about anything anymore besides fans. I doubt anyone still following Madonna had no idea about Britney. 

I happen to be a fan of BOTH of them, Madonna longer due to my age and I’m well aware of Britney’s horrible situation, therefore u can eat a bag of ****s!!!

You people are beyond ridiculous, support is support, who cares when it comes as long as it comes, would u rather people say nothing at all??? Would u rather it only be fans still raising awareness???  Beggars can’t be ******* choosers, so u petty little *****es need to shut the **** up and just take what u can get, when u get it!!!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Didn't Cher hint at it being something known within the Vegas scene? And hasn't Madonna always been like anti-Vegas? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Madonna has always been anti Vegas, she even said to Green Day in 2005, that they pay you more to perform in cities you hate like Vegas. 

Vegas pays her 18 Million to play there. 

She said if they didn't pay me, I would skip that **** hole of a conservative town..

10 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I happen to be a fan of BOTH of them, Madonna longer due to my age and I’m well aware of Britney’s horrible situation, therefore u can eat a bag of ****s!!!

You people are beyond ridiculous, support is support, who cares when it comes as long as it comes, would u rather people say nothing at all??? Would u rather it only be fans still raising awareness???  Beggars can’t be ******* choosers, so u petty little *****es need to shut the **** up and just take what u can get, when u get it!!!

Exactly! Seems more like these idiotic posters here want validation for themselves and don't actually care about Britney.

• Love 1

When she doesn't comment, because she doesn't comment

When she comments, why she didn't do it in a post instead of a story?
Why she used her photo wearing a Britney Tee instead of using a photo of Britney?
Why now and not before?

Are you ever satisfied?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Turogue said:

You are dumb, Britney said "I'm nobody's slave" in her testimony and she compared her time in the mental institution to s£x trafficking. 

There are too many silly people in this thread, you give the movement a bad name 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

My concern was Madonna comparing Britney situation to black slavery in 19th century. That’s my issue. But I agree that Brit is being held hostage like s** trafficking we saw so many time in Law and Order SVU.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Didn't Cher hint at it being something known within the Vegas scene? And hasn't Madonna always been like anti-Vegas? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Britney and Madonna, both are under Maverick (management)... Madonna was even one of the founders of the original Maverick company (1992-2009).

So there's no chance that Madonna didn't know... I even have a feeling that she jumped into freebritney to try and somehow save the Maverick company from a big scandal which could potentially break out in the future .

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

Britney and Madonna, both are under Maverick (management)... Madonna was even one of the founders of the original Maverick company (1992-2009).

So there's no chance that Madonna didn't know... I even have a feeling that she jumped into freebritney to try and somehow save the Maverick company from a big scandal which could potentially break out in the future .

Seriously? I'm sure Madonna is horrified by what Britney has said. Even if she co-founded the original company there is no way she would have known the details of what Britney has experienced unter the c-ship so far. They isolated Britney from everyone else for a reason. Maverick would face a scandal one way or another, regardless of whether she had said something or not.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

:wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

please relax before you have an aneurysm 

36 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

My concern was Madonna comparing Britney situation to black slavery in 19th century. That’s my issue. But I agree that Brit is being held hostage like s** trafficking we saw so many time in Law and Order SVU.

That was certainly quite the comparison, but that's just Madonna - everything she says or does is a statement. When Rebel Heart got leaked, she referred to the whole debacle as "artistic r***" or whatever. :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised: She means well, and that's all that matters. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
  • Like 1