Madonna: "Slavery was abolished so long ago... Britney we coming to get you out of jail!"

7 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Wow, what a poor choice of words. Comparing slavering to Britney situation. Madonna always says the dumbest things.

slavery: the activity of legally owning other people who are forced to work for or obey you (Cambridge Dictionary).

How is Britney's situation different than that?

Thank you, Madonna, for being one of the few people on media to actually call it as it is, a human rights violation, while others just keep feeling sorry for Britney. 

• Like 7

Am I the only one bothered that she posted a selfie with Britney’s name instead of a pic of the 2 of them together. Madonna is known for using the “it” artist at the time to get attention. And that seems to be the case here too

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TomasBR said:

slavery: the activity of legally owning other people who are forced to work for or obey you (Cambridge Dictionary).

How is Britney's situation different than that?

Thank you, Madonna, for being one of the few people on media to actually call it as it is, a human rights violation, while others just keep feeling sorry for Britney. 

Yeah but she’s comparing to the slavery that ended more than a century ago which was black slavery. 

1 hour ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

Britney still isn't free, so this isn't "late" and if anything keeps the news cycle going in mainstream media

(And besides, I'm not sure, but didnt she post or say something about #FreeBritney like last year or something?)

As the only Iggy stan on this site please don’t side with this opportunist :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: now let’s stream IATS for the millionth time :neydedance_purple:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

I have conflicting feelings.

On the one hand, yes, it brings more awareness.

But on the other hand, according to Cher, Britney's situation was somewhat of an open secret in the industry for a long time. And all this time Madonna was silent. But now that Britney has an upper hand. Changes are taking place in the court, new laws are being considered, conservatorship abuse is under spotligh + The majority of the public is on Brit's side + NYT, Ronan, soon Netflix... 

And Madonna only decided to break her silence now when freebritney became WORLDWIDE popular and mainstream, now expressing support does not bear any risks at all. So, yeah... she is nothing more than an opportunist. Sorry, not sorry.

Britney is freeing Britney! Period!

Didn't Cher hint at it being something known within the Vegas scene? And hasn't Madonna always been like anti-Vegas? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: