Madonna: "Slavery was abolished so long ago... Britney we coming to get you out of jail!"

Some people are never happy it's embarrassing.... Y'all actually believe that every single artist in the world has to dedicate their lives from now on to free Britney? Also, people measuring the level of support by comparing post lengths is just dumb. Wtf 🤦🤦🤦

Btw love Madonna for speaking out, I bet she's moving mountains behind the scenes ❤️

• Love 6

Finally, I’ve been a huge Stan my whole life and was feeling disappointed that she hadn’t spoken out but like others say, it’s her choice and we have no clue what is going on in the background. For all we know, she may be helping in the background. Madonna is big on human rights and her statement was bang on as it is about slavery, greed, women’s rights (or lack thereof in this case) and human rights - bang on the money really. I think from here, we may hear more from her on this which is only a positive thing ❤️

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

Of course she posted with her own picture lol Madonna is all about herself. What took it so long? Anyway hope she will help her somehow behind the scenes as well.

7 hours ago, MmmBop said:

Honestly, she came late to the party. And while some lazy words were strung together to show some semblance of support, it’s nothing compared to the thoughtful, articulative and meaningful post Christina did. Or Justin Timberlake for that matter. 

Nice to see her using her platform to help Britney but when you read a post like Christina’s and then Madonna’s one just has to think: does Madonna ACTUALLY give a sh^t? My guess is … no.

Whatever.

7 hours ago, BritneyLVR said:

Sorry. Though she is the queen, where was this months ago? She’s an opportunist and is jumping on this for clout :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

7 hours ago, Jadedkitten said:

:boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair: ok 

:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

OT: FINALLY! I genuinely stop believing she would eventually post. Now....We will be waiting for the response of Taylor Swift, and Gaga

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Cackling at all the better late than never comments. Watch Taylor finally comment after Britney is free and people being like “praise queen tay tay for spreading awareness” :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: the time has passed to speak up, but we see you opportunist :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

If this Taylor comes out after Britney being free, I'm gonna fly to her house and slap her :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Prachi said:

Well, I am happy but she's too late on this - her wording is lazy and posting a picture of herself I don't know but whatever I am happy. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

A picture of herself wearing a Britney shirt. That picture is 21 years old showing that she has always supported her. Are you guys really this daft??

Stop the f complaining and being whiny little brats. One could think it's not about Britney but rather that you guys want validation for yourselves.

*Madonna posts nothing

"What a *****, cancel her"

*Madonna shows support

"She does not really care, no that's not what I want her to say, it's only about her, she does it for relevancy..."

Britney would be ashamed of you guys.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Turogue said:

A picture of herself wearing a Britney shirt. That picture is 21 years old showing that she has always supported her. Are you guys really this daft??

Stop the f complaining and being whiny little brats. One could think it's not about Britney but rather that you guys want validation for yourselves.

*Madonna posts nothing

"What a *****, cancel her"

*Madonna shows support

"She does not really care, no that's not what I want her to say, it's only about her, she does it for relevancy..."

Britney would be ashamed of you guys.

Only we had the power to cancel her :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

I don't know if she cares or not, but at least she came in to vocalise about it - keeps the movement in limelight.

She might be doing something in the background, might not be who cares? Britney will be free nonetheless - but yes a photo of her with a story I didn't like it but as I said she at least spoke. 

I have conflicting feelings.

On the one hand, yes, it brings more awareness.

But on the other hand, according to Cher, Britney's situation was somewhat of an open secret in the industry for a long time. And all this time Madonna was silent. But now that Britney has an upper hand. Changes are taking place in the court, new laws are being considered, conservatorship abuse is under spotligh + The majority of the public is on Brit's side + NYT, Ronan, soon Netflix... 

And Madonna only decided to break her silence now when freebritney became WORLDWIDE popular and mainstream, now expressing support does not bear any risks at all. So, yeah... she is nothing more than an opportunist. Sorry, not sorry.

Britney is freeing Britney! Period!

• Love 3
  • Like 2