Madonna: "Slavery was abolished so long ago... Britney we coming to get you out of jail!"

28 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

I was never begging anyone, nor did I see anyone begging her to speak up. What I did see was people saying “why aren’t you speaking up” and sharing their disappointment in her for not speaking up. Asking why someone isn’t speaking up and calling out fake feminism isn’t “begging” for someone to talk. It’s literally calling them out for being a fake b^tch. Forgive me, and others, for holding certain celebrities in the music industry to a higher standard than others, and for being disappointed when they didn’t come through in a genuine way to support our girl. Also, demanding someone say something isn’t begging either. A lot of fans were demanding she use her platform to advocate for a fellow female artist she once said she felt “maternal” towards. So again, forgive those fans who seem to have been demanding too much of this exceptionally privileged old hag. After Britney gave her testimony, Madonna was partying it up for selfies at gay bars for Pride. You had to be living under a rock to not know what was going on and she chose to stay silent and pose like a sl*t at gay bars for promo and say nothing? Like come on. Give. Me. A. Break. 

Thanks for finally speaking up Madge. It’s about *** **** time you used your celebrity and privilege for something good beyond your promo selfies!!

Wait what ? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Yoongi said:

partying it up for selfies? lol

she was there there to raise money for two LGBT advocacy groups... don't be so bitter. and the "sl*t" part... you're just being hateful and misogynist at this point.

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word misogynist. Hateful? Try more like disappointed and frustrated. There’s a difference. Stay in school. 

• Love 3

I just don't get it... Why did she wait so long? The words are kinda strong and give a really big hope tho "WE COMING TO GET YOU OUT OF JAIL!". So I hope and I want to believe that before speaking up, she did what she has to do, secretly behind the curtains and only talk now because she has something? Thank you for these words, better than never, like they said right? I have hope again!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

Of course she posted with her own picture lol Madonna is all about herself. What took it so long? Anyway hope she will help her somehow behind the scenes as well.

She HAD to make it about herself! She couldn’t even put a picture of them together (if she did, it’d the kiss 🙄)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Y’all beg & beg for this woman to say something & she finally did & still complain :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme::jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Her doing it now to me keeps the conversation active, so what’s the problem? 

why do she have to do something to be convenient for us, she should be able to speak whenever SHE wants 

Lol I don’t beg for anybody honey:akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

don’t group all us together I don’t think Madonna is a voice she’s used Britney and every other artist to stay relevant (princes death too!)

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word misogynist. Hateful? Try more like disappointed and frustrated. There’s a difference. Stay in school. 

you called a woman 'sl*t', for what?

Misogynist definition is - a person who hates or discriminates against women.

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

I would say "yay. Madona spoke" but judging by how long it took her, I'm guessing she was in talks with lawyers to see if she'll get in trouble for speaking out.

I have more truth in Kim K doing something for Britney then Madona 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Well it’s good she spoke up but I was expecting her earlier, like several years before lol

I don’t find her post personal at all + I don’t think she heard brits testimony (lack of interest I guess) cause post is lacking emotions for me..

anyway it’s still a good thing cause she is Madonna and her post might encourage others to stand up for Brit + little more awareness won’t harm right?! 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Just to play Devil's Advocate...

Can't stand Madonna but....

In the bigger picture--major celebrities waiting to mention Britney are only keeping her story from fading into "last week's trending topic". I feel like today's news is often forgotten by tomorrow in the age of social media and so everyone hopping on the #freebritney bandwagon on June 23rd was essential but keeping them there is too. Of course we would all prefer if every celebrity ever devoted their entire social media to #freebritney once they knew it wasn't a fan conspiracy, and kept tweeting and posting about it daily--but I think the bigger picture is not letting Britney's voice be forgotten or silenced again and the more big celebrities continuing to mention her only help her story stay "relevant". 

Oh and I have a fantasy some celebrity paid for her recent trip to Hawaii on the DL.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

For those of you saying that at least she’s continuing the conversation, bringing awareness etc… i mean this in the most respectful way possible but literally no one gives a **** about madonnas opinion about anything anymore besides fans. I doubt anyone still following Madonna had no idea about Britney. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Britman512 said:

Only did it because she was pressured, of course she posted a picture with her face on it. She does not deserved to be featured!

Shut the f up! You guys are so embarrassing. That picture with the Britney shirt is 21 years old, she was intrigued by her back then already.

• Haha 1