Madonna: "Slavery was abolished so long ago... Britney we coming to get you out of jail!"

OK, I think I solved the Madonna quote mystery from 2010. She posted in 4th of July “we can’t celebrate freedom until we are all free” and then freebritneynyc added the mentions of Britney on a screen capture, creating (accidentally?) an illusion that it was Madonna said that. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Link to a newsstory about the original quote:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/682485-madonna-calls-for-us-citizes-to-don-all-black-for-independence-day-for-the-blm-movement

• Love 3
1 hour ago, floopy22 said:

Disgusted with her using Britney's situation for political purposes.

She even threw in a death threat.

The fact that she waited so long says a lot.

Um .. . honestly this situation IS political and it IS even bigger than Britney. It may be her situation, but it's shining light on how certain unethical things are going down. Again, we WANT the publicity. . .even if it is just for clout or they just want to be on a "band wagon". . .it's STILL publicity and it STILL gets the word out. We need it.  She is Madonna, she has a fan base, when she mentions it, it puts Britney's situation in the spotlight to her many fans. S T O P B * * * * I N G!!!!!!! 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, floopy22 said:

next we'll be complaining about people using elections for political purposes :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Of course now that Britney's name is a hot topic again Madonna comes out of her crypt to feed on the dregs of clout. Where was the clout vampire when Britney needed her most? Considering she "loves" Britney so much, she should have been the first to speak out given their history. Sorry but Too Little Too Late - JoJo.mp3

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, floopy22 said:

Isnt it a political situation? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I mean, we have been saying it, even the tone the NYT documentary used was from a feminists perspective. It's all about patriarchy, many (if not everyone) haev always claimed that a male celebrity wouldnt go through the situation Britney is going through just for being a man. 

I know given the close relationship/friendship they once had you would expect a more personalized comment on the issue but Madonna just went straight to the point. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Isnt it a political situation? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I mean, we have been saying it, even the tone the NYT documentary used was from a feminists perspective. It's all about patriarchy, many (if not everyone) haev always claimed that a male celebrity wouldnt go through the situation Britney is going through just for being a man. 

I know given the close relationship/friendship they once had you would expect a more personalized comment on the issue but Madonna just went straight to the point. 

That's what I love about Madonna, she goes straight to the issue of the problem, her father and men in power allowed this to happen..

How Nobody was able to see that, how the two judges were females, and if I'm not mistaken wasn't the first one married or romantically involved with someone involved in the conservatorship so there was also that, personal relationships mixed in with this huge ordeal. 

So of course she was gonna do what the guy she was seeing or married to wanted to do. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Sorry but that's really cringe comparing her situation to the abolished slavery, Britney said a more accurate analogy of comparing it to s** trafficking.  Is she coming out with some new music or something?  She usually never speaks up unless it benefits herself or she's in need of attention.

Anyway... I guess any pro-Britney attention is better than none.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MsShameless said:

Speaking up means jack **** if there's no action behind it. 

And in Madonna fashion she's made it about her instead.. 

I have my doubts. Prove me wrong.. 

She literally posted a picture of herself wearing something Britney related to show support. She also literally tweeted about this in 2020 before it was "trendy".

Also, when Madonna started practicing Kabbalah in 1997 she no longer was self centered, and even revealed regret for her past actions. Yes, she no longer practices Kabbalah and has done some messy things like the Born This Way thing and the Lil Nas X Instagram story post, but to say that she is self-absorbed has been outdated for over two decades.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Britney2001 said:

She literally posted a picture of herself wearing something Britney related to show support. She also literally tweeted about this in 2020 before it was "trendy".

Also, when Madonna started practicing Kabbalah in 1997 she no longer was self centered, and even revealed regret for her past actions. Yes, she no longer practices Kabbalah and has done some messy things like the Born This Way thing and the Lil Nas X Instagram story post, but to say that she is self-absorbed has been outdated for over two decades.

It wasn't just Madonna, critics called out the similarities on born this way, even Margaret cho said it brilliantly.  

What's to complain, they are literally the same song with the same subject line 

5 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

She also literally tweeted about this in 2020 before it was "trendy".

She didn't tweet about it in 2020

Here:

17 hours ago, The Finn said:

OK, I think I solved the Madonna quote mystery from 2010. She posted in 4th of July “we can’t celebrate freedom until we are all free” and then freebritneynyc added the mentions of Britney on a screen capture, creating (accidentally?) an illusion that it was Madonna said that. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Link to a newsstory about the original quote:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/682485-madonna-calls-for-us-citizes-to-don-all-black-for-independence-day-for-the-blm-movement

I feel dissapointed. I'll still buy their music (Madonna, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Rihanna, etc.), but they are not being brave at this. An Instagram story that took sooooooo long for me is more a convenient move than a genuine action. And I feel sad, I guess.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:57 AM, MmmBop said:

Honestly, she came late to the party. And while some lazy words were strung together to show some semblance of support, it’s nothing compared to the thoughtful, articulative and meaningful post Christina did. Or Justin Timberlake for that matter. 

Nice to see her using her platform to help Britney but when you read a post like Christina’s and then Madonna’s one just has to think: does Madonna ACTUALLY give a sh^t? My guess is … no.

Whatever.

Madonna has always tried to be there for Britney and i dont think she ever got a lot back from Britney. We now know however her situation has made it difficult for her to have friends though and now that this is out in the open, a lot of celebrities who were on the fence about the situation have now shown their support.

We cannot blame people for not commenting on something which for a long time was considered a conspiracy theory and Britney rubbished it herself. What matters is they are showing support NOW that we know Britney's position and there's even reports of them starting a #FreeBritney fund and campaign - this would be huge.

One person who deserves a ****** medal is Miley, she has shown unwavering support from the very start, despite what Britney was telling us... 

• Love 1