Why I Originally Left Exhale (Leave Britney Alone!!!)

6 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Ah, but you were never one of the people that made statements like...

- "She needs a facelift."
- "She needs Botox and fillers."
- "She needs to lose weight."
- "She's so ******* lazy."
- "This ***** is so..." [insert misogynistic description here]

Some users on here were terrible towards her...Absolutely heartless. Especially during the FF era. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Now it's very likely that those same people are here with different user names, gloating and taking credit for how they're "freeing" her with their death threats towards Lou or their threads about wanting to knock on her front door to "rescue" her. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

It's the huge chasm between the two behaviours that irks me.

In the middle are the regular Britney fans who are just offering support...I hope it's those fans that Britney remembers when the dust finally settles, and not the "fans" who took credit for what she achieved herself or the "fans" who ripped her appearance and her performing skills to shreds.

They’re not real fans if they’re telling her to get Botox and fillers :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Love 3

Thank you for sharing, and i agree with you. I think that some users were really immature and wrote things without thinking how those words could hurt Britney or any other user. Also without realising that what you write on the internet is quite difficult to erase... But hopefully have learnt the lesson and evolved, i think so.

• Love 1

100% agree OP and that’s also why I stopped posting for years, it was absolutely horrid on here and some ppl were genuinely despicable. So many posts would get derailed back to every mistake she made in 07 and to how she’s so ‘lazy’ & ‘unprofessional’ etc and just jaw droppingly disgusting comments on her appearance. I remember getting into days long arguments with some ppl and in the end it was not worth it to be around such vile energy, some ppl really I thought must have their own issues to have such vitriol towards a celebrity they don’t know. I remember pointing out it’s not a surprise she’s ‘unprofessional’ when she’s in such a s—t situation with the c-ship but some ppl here were ruthless and horrible. I came back after the voicemail because I was desperate to talk about the updates & was pleasantly surprised at how much better it was so kudos to everyone for the much better energy now, glad I came back.

• Love 1

I agree with the sentiment of being respectful and kind to Britney and other musicians; but Britney’s family doesn’t deserve that. Britney wants them in jail, so until that happens they’ll have to deal with us online :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor: I really try to keep it as nice as possible with Lynne and Jamie Lynn, because I know Britney loves them but it’s hard, especially with the latter.

I understand your pov , but also I understand those fans now when they saw something is wrong with Britney and they knew something fishy is going bts , I wouldn't judge them now because some people were actually worried and not just complaining, I remember a lot of people started talking about how Britney is her father's money cow during the femme fatale era but there was still not much awareness to the subject .... As fans we should support the artist before supporting her/his craft , it's not less important and I bet Britney didn't even care about what people think because for her it was just a job that has to be done in order to see her kids so .... But we're now at a different time and things now make more sense why Britney was the way she was 

I remember you Bryce, we used to speak back then! I also remember Abbie, Eoghan, Alex, Andy, Charlie and so many others :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

There were so many people trying to 'expose' each other and so much drama between members - there were full out wars.

This place did used to be very toxic but I do believe it has gotten SO SO much better and less toxic.

I personally try my best to get rid of the negative energy and cannot stand people who insanely critical of Britney. She deserves our support and love and not people attacking her appearance.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

They’re not real fans if they’re telling her to get Botox and fillers :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Agreed.

And I guess this thread explains why I'm so critical of "the movement."

I remember how horrible this place was during the FF era, and even up to the Glory era...So I'm imagining that half of "the movement" is made up of the same people who said Britney needed Botox and fillers, and should get a facelift, and all of the other terrible things they wrote about her. 

It's really difficult to forgot seeing all of those words written here...I've been bitter about it.

I guess I need to let it go and imagine that the majority of "the movement" is made up of the regular fans who genuinely care for her...But man, it's hard.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Didn’t Perez Hilton use the same excuse about professionalism?

There’s a massive difference between actual “critique” and vitriolic criticism verging on bullying.

While I agree Britney’s music and artistic output should be poked, prodded and analyzed! And let's be honest many of us haven't been a lover of a lot of what the conservatorship has churned out. But…

I don’t agree that Britney’s personality, appearance, life choices and sense of self should be attacked to the point of annihilation. She often didn’t have a choice or say in the matter…as it turns out she didn’t at all. And as a mother of two children do you think she was worrying 24/7 about vocals, choreography or whatever over her kids academic performance or health.

Early in the conservatorship when the passion died, and the lights dimmed many weren't seeing Britney as she actually was, a ghost of bygone days with lower (albeit) realistic expectations. Many accused her of being terribly lazy and ungrateful, and they lambasted her super bad choices. Little did we know!

Brit will often say it herself, there is a difference between Britney the person, and Britney the product / performer.  Many fans fail/failed to see the difference.  Or confused the two. 

And yes the OP’s viewpoints are VERY necessary! Like Britney’s recent testimony, people need to get out what is inside them to heal, and make sense of their feelings. Even if you don’t agree with what they are saying, we can all learn something from this!

I find that Little Monsters are a good example of fans that are able to be fiercely critical of their idol’s “output” and at the same time very sympathetic, empathetic and loving towards Gaga as a person.

When you encounter a worker at any place of business - barista, hostess, bank teller, etc - and they look bored, irritated, sluggish, and annoyed to be there, when they treat you poorly, you won’t sit there and be like, “Gee, I wonder what’s happening in their life that they’re treating me like **** instead of doing the job they signed up for?” You would be like, “Gosh, she’s rude! Why the hell come to work if you don’t want to be there and do a good job?”  Basic courtesy and customer service is the expectation . Clearly, Britney at times was over it - and now we know she was blackmailed, drugged, and forced to perform. This is an unusual situation.  A multimillionaire in a conservatorship being forced to continue to work and rebelling at times at her fans out of sheer frustration… it’s understandable NOW, but it wasn’t then. 

I’m not discussing the body shaming - it’s still going on here and the mods should be doing a better job shutting it down. But to blanket criticize individuals for pointing out something shady with Britney and her behavior and lumping them in with body shamers is what I take issue with.  The insistence of creating pockets or categories of fandom is counterproductive: “Britards,” “stans,” “haters,” … why can’t we just all be adults and fans who have differences of opinions? Can we not engage maturely without labels and not invite drama with such useless threads designed to create in-fighting? 

• Like 1

Over the years (until recently everytime I change my phone pretty much I get a new account 😅) I've said some horrible stuff but most of it was out of frustration there have been times where I've been about her personally (honestly not gonna apologize about ranting about bj) but usually my arguments were with stans who swore black and blue that everything was ok, she's fine, we don't know behat we don't know, the c/ship is no big etc etc there once were so many people on here who would constantly defend her team (though I sometimes was negative to the extreme on the other side) 

A lot of us are emotionally connected to Britney in some way, I think we see some of ourselves in her and when we're not doing well and she's not doing well ... We can sometimes take our frustrations out on her instead, it's behind a computer or phone screen so it doesn't feel real or that anyone will ever notice but it's mean. 

I'm recovering from a mental breakdown and trying to change certain behaviors and attitudes I've had and I think society as a whole could maybe stop projecting our individual issues on to others and just be nicer and more kind to each other regardless. 

:)

• Like 1

Yeah I used to be a member here too back around 2008-2012 and I remember specifically a thread created of her at one of Elton Johns parties with each part of her face and body circled with the user explaining what work she needs to have done. It was sick. 

5 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Yeah I used to be a member here too back around 2008-2012 and I remember specifically a thread created of her at one of Elton Johns parties with each part of her face and body circled with the user explaining what work she needs to have done. It was sick. 

Big Yikes 

On 7/8/2021 at 6:50 PM, theannehedonia said:

It wasn't productive or constructive. They lambasted Britney for not putting in the actual effort. The fans cared nothing for the conservatorship and blamed Britney for everything. If you were Britney, would you have been happy with that? "Oh their ****ting on me and everything I do lead to the conservatorship being questioned."  No. It didn't work like that. I left exhale a Britney fan who was still questioning why she was in a conservatorship and talking about it to all who would listen. You didn't need to be an ******* to Britney and trash her to dislike the conservatorship. This is a false equivocation and just justifying terrible behaviour. Britney was clearly unhappy and unmotivated and those who were unhappy with what she was producing placed the blame on her.

I don't celebrate every single thing she has ever done, but I don't participate in unnecessary cruelty either. Don't build a straw man argument based on what I said. Logical fallacies aren't cute.

Yes, people are unnecessarily cruel, not just this fan base but humans in general. I wasn't here during that era so, I have not an exact idea of the context, but I can imagine and I will never agree with cruelty. Having said that, you are talking with the clarity that 10 years  and a lot of revelations give.  She was unprofessional (now we know why, but we didn't back then) and fans were putting their sweat and tears, hard earned money into her. They shouldn't have been cruel, I agree, but they were also allowed to express anger and frustration and question things. Also, some poeple(I am not saying you, cause I have no idea) idolize people absurdly, without ever questioning anything, which is also unhealthy. 

I really don't think he built a logical fallacy, I was thinking about the exact same thing he mentioned. I think it is just an extra side that needs to be contemplated. 

On 7/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, Scrappy said:

Let’s be real for a second: blind faith is what the con-ship wanted. They would be happy if Brit worked like a machine and folks ate it up without question. It’s the critical ones that pushed for change. Confusion, irritation, criticism is natural when you don’t have the full picture. Moreover, fans were being lied to. She was not behaving professionally at times and they called her out on it. The underlying root was what we didn’t know, but again, hindsight is 20/20. It feels like you came on here just be like “I told you so!” And it’s like, is this really necessary or productive?

I totally agree. 

12 hours ago, Slayer said:

I remember you Bryce, we used to speak back then! I also remember Abbie, Eoghan, Alex, Andy, Charlie and so many others :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

There were so many people trying to 'expose' each other and so much drama between members - there were full out wars.

This place did used to be very toxic but I do believe it has gotten SO SO much better and less toxic.

I personally try my best to get rid of the negative energy and cannot stand people who insanely critical of Britney. She deserves our support and love and not people attacking her appearance.

I’m pretty I remember you as well; it’s been so long. Ah, I still have Abbie on facebook and still sometimes message with her...

It was absolutely insane back then!!! Probably one of the weirder forums at the time. So much bloody drama. It’s funny that I used to be so invested in it, would gaf now! 

• Super Mods

I mean you're absolutely right. I was there back then as well and the way her own fans hated on her was absolutely disgusting. I got into regular every-day arguments with some of her "fans" back then, who were absolutely toxic and disgusting. Closeted gays who were harassed and bullied in their everyday lives and then came to this forum to let their frustrations out on other members and Britney. They would reflect their bullies' behaviour onto the rest of us - it made me sick to my stomach.

Some of them definitely had mental issues as well, there was this guy Tommy from Austria who was absolutely insane and his mental issues showed all over the place, he would threaten and humiliate everyone.

Either way, i'm glad we're all over it and this forum is a much nicer place now :) 

• Like 1