Jump to content

Will.i.am: Britney, I am praying that all your dreams come true - stay strong!


Recommended Posts

On 7/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, CoasterFreak18 said:

I find this a bit patronizing?  She doesn't want all her dreams to come true, she just wants to have the same rights that everyone in this country is supposed to have.

I feel like this is his way of saying he supports her without saying anything controversial or violating his NDA. I remember Tinashe making a FreeBritney post when Framing Britney Spears came out and she deleted the same day. Probably someone reminded her of her NDA. Maybe he feels the same. 

Link to comment
On 7/8/2021 at 2:58 PM, CoasterFreak18 said:

I find this a bit patronizing?  She doesn't want all her dreams to come true, she just wants to have the same rights that everyone in this country is supposed to have.

Well yeah but she said on her testimony that her dream is to be free so yeah, that’s what he is hoping for her.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

As much as I dislike Will.I.Am as a producer and for ruining the vocal production of BJ, he does come up with some good beats.  I catch myself always resisting to bop to some of his tracks, but I have to give credit where credit is due lol.  :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

Link to comment

I’ve always liked Will, and hated the fact he kept getting dragged to filth by Britney fans. 

Yeah, BJ wasn’t great, but we have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. I find it difficult to believe he produced such a poor album intentionally, considering he is usually amazing. 3 Words by Cheryl is a prime example of what I was hoping BJ was going to be like. 

I really hope that one day we get to hear the real story behind what happened. 

Link to comment
16 hours ago, limecakes said:

I don’t like Britney Jean, but I love Work *****. which he also produced. So, for that I am grateful. 

"The song's production was handled by Ingrosso, Jettman and Adams" - from Wikipedia.

will.i.steal is mentioned third in production credits which means he probably had little to do with the song.

He's also been caught outright stealing other peoples instrumentals.

 

 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, jennyj said:

As much as I dislike Will.I.Am as a producer and for ruining the vocal production of BJ, he does come up with some good beats.  I catch myself always resisting to bop to some of his tracks, but I have to give credit where credit is due lol.  :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

He uses ghost-producers for his tracks. He's an awful producer and at most an okay song writer.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, floopy22 said:

"The song's production was handled by Ingrosso, Jettman and Adams" - from Wikipedia.

will.i.steal is mentioned third in production credits which means he probably had little to do with the song.

He's also been caught outright stealing other peoples instrumentals.

 

 

Oh damn, didn’t know this. No wonder the other songs he produced in the album are garbage

Link to comment
On 7/11/2021 at 2:48 AM, limecakes said:

Oh damn, didn’t know this. No wonder the other songs he produced in the album are garbage

Giorgio Tuinfort did the rest of the up-tempo tracks ("Body Ache", "Til It's Gone", "Now That I Found You").

David Guetta is also credited on those, but he's likely as involved as will.i.am since he's a notorious user of ghost producers.

 

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
On 7/10/2021 at 8:31 AM, floopy22 said:

"The song's production was handled by Ingrosso, Jettman and Adams" - from Wikipedia.

will.i.steal is mentioned third in production credits which means he probably had little to do with the song.

He's also been caught outright stealing other peoples instrumentals.

 

 

the order of the credits doesn't really mean anything, that's just the order of how they appear in the credits, because Ingrosso is listed by himself, while the other two are listed "for Refune Records" and "for will.i.am Music" 

he's still mentioned as Executive Producer of the track in the actual single 

71K7sOmG38L._SL1200_.jpg

  • Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

Link to comment
53 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the order of the credits doesn't really mean anything, that's just the order of how they appear in the credits, because Ingrosso is listed by himself, while the other two are listed "for Refune Records" and "for will.i.am Music" 

he's still mentioned as Executive Producer of the track in the actual single 

71K7sOmG38L._SL1200_.jpg

Order does matter (it's not a rule however). Even here you can see will.i.steal is credited last in production (Executive Producer is irrelevant in this context). As you can see in the credits, Otto Knows is responsible for instrumentation, programming, engineering and recording.

Sebastian Ingrosso actually said he (as in himself) didn't have much part in the production and he thought it must have been a mistake to credit him.

Sebastian Ingrosso denies involvement in Britney Spears single 'Work *****' (nme.com)

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
35 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Order does matter (it's not a rule however). Even here you can see will.i.steal is credited last in production (Executive Producer is irrelevant in this context). As you can see in the credits, Otto Knows is responsible for instrumentation, programming, engineering and recording.

Sebastian Ingrosso actually said he (as in himself) didn't have much part in the production and he thought it must have been a mistake to credit him.

Sebastian Ingrosso denies involvement in Britney Spears single 'Work *****' (nme.com)

he actually said he didn't write it, but he did help with the production. He manages or managed Otto Knows, and as he said

Quote

"I put my hands on it and I helped produce it with will and Otto," he continued. "But I never wrote the lyrics or melodies to the song, which is why I went on Twitter and said that I didn't write the song. But I helped produce it because I'm involved with everything with the guys I manage."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1714757/sebastian-ingrosso-britney-spears-work-*****/

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

Link to comment
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

he actually said he didn't write it, but he did help with the production. He manages or managed Otto Knows, and as he said

https://www.mtv.com/news/1714757/sebastian-ingrosso-britney-spears-work-*****/

From the article I linked to:

"'I don’t really know why they put my name in there. It’s a really good song and I’m looking forward to what’s going to happen with it. But I can’t really take credit for it.' Ingrosso manages Jettman and says he often gets involved with making music with his client."

He's either put out conflicting information or has been misquoted. My impression is that he was involved in a hands-off kind of way. As in providing feedback and giving suggestions. This is usually enough for being credited.

This isn't really relevant to the fact that will.i.steal is a fraud. Look up the "Rebound" sampling debacle. Calling it sampling is actually putting it mildly. He practically took an existing and already released EDM song by an other artist and overlayed Chris Brown's vocals ontop, and added some hilariously bad beat drops of his own to the shamelessly stolen track. The label of the original song Anjunabeats came out and stated that no permission or licensing was ever sought for sampling what was essentially the entirety of "Rebound" by well known EDM-artists Arty & Mat Zo. Listen and compare, it's simply brazen...

(Btw, major cringe at 1:08 in the will.i.copy version. This is the extent of this man's production skills)

We have to stop praising this fraud. I appreciate his kind words to Britney, but his musical contribution to Britney's discography is built ontop of other peoples work (Whether it's credited and properly licensed, or not). I'm sick of seeing people praise him for S&S or WB without knowing what he truly is.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block