Does Britney likes her past four albums?

So, after these past events I'm constantly thinking about how Britney feels about the work she put out after Blackout, during the conservartorship (except for Glory). I honestly think Britney doesn't like these albuns based on memories or feelings they can bring her considering all the stuff she's been through. It's kinda bittersweet, 'cause I love Femme Fatale! :clownery_makeup_meme:

Overall, I think she likes Britney (some of it), In the Zone and Glory, honestly. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Love 2

And, according to various reports from members in the audience including Noisey writer and PopCrush contributor Grace Medford, Britney publicly addressed what has become one of the most talked/thinkpieced-about subjects surrounding her since 2008 for the very first time: her conservatorship.

It happened while she was discussing the creative process behind her new album, Glory. 

"Okay, so I have this conservatorship. I've been under this conservatorship for three years and I felt like a lot of decisions were made for me, so I wanted [Glory] to be my baby and I've been really strategic about it," she told the host, according to Medford.

"She said she's getting control on things little by little," another audience member reports. Ross then, apparently, switched topics.

"She really looked like she wanted to talk about it but Jonathan changed the subject cuz he couldnt talk about it," the audience member adds.

https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-reportedly-addresses-her-conservatorship-for-the-first-time-on-upcoming-episode-of-the-jonathan-ross-show/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Jonathan Ross interview in 2016 implies Britney had control over Glory, but not FF, BJ, maybe Circus. 

This part of the interview was never released. 

• Love 4
  • Super Mods

Well since we aren’t inside Britney’s head and can’t predict what she thinks, I’d say we can’t know unless she actually says she likes/hates a particular album. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I know we’re in the business of scrutinizing every action she’s taken in the past 13 years to see if it was authentic or forced from the conservatorship, but it seemed that she was more present/happy when Glory was being recorded and leading up to its release. She didn’t seem that publicly enthusiastic about Femme Fatale and Britney Jean, and the singles that came before/after those eras.

But who knows! :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

I doubt she dislikes any of her work.  But I would say Femme Fatale and Britney Jean are probably her least favorites.

Every producer has said she’s amazing to work with and extremely professional...but it’s obvious she had very little control over those two albums.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I believe Britney really did want to do the Circus album.  I find it hard to believe that after the years she had, that she didn’t want to get back to some sort of “her” normalcy...which was recording.  Also, there’s an interview from a few years ago (2016, I think) where the interviewer is trying to get her to guess her songs based on clues and she lit up when she said “Circus”.  I doubt she had much control over that album, but I think it was probably kind of therapeutic for her to get back to her work after all she’d been through. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Alejobz said:

judging by her choices on tour setlist, she doesn't like circus, femme fatale & Britney Jean. but she likes some songs: "womanizer", "if u seek amy", "work *****" and that's it.

Well we know now she doesn’t really pic the set list :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: last time I think she really had control of it was circus tour! And i definitely would have pic more blackout songs than circus soo idk 

But I do think she refuses to perform HIAM I don’t think she cares for it 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I believe Britney really did want to do the Circus album.  I find it hard to believe that after the years she had, that she didn’t want to get back to some sort of “her” normalcy...which was recording.  Also, there’s an interview from a few years ago (2016, I think) where the interviewer is trying to get her to guess her songs based on clues and she lit up when she said “Circus”.  I doubt she had much control over that album, but I think it was probably kind of therapeutic for her to get back to her work after all she’d been through. 

Circus was mostly Blackout demos and demos Jive had laying around. It felt much like rehash Blackout rather than a genuine project from the ground up, and she didn't feel very passionate during recording sessions either, but if you want to leave the question of "does she like it" up in the air, there certainly is a reason to.

Blackout was definitely the one she was most involved in production wise but I don't know if she's through everything that went down while she was working in that album. Maybe it can bring back a few bad memories? Can be. I honestly think she was the ~happiest~ with her work and personal life during In the Zone and Glory. 

34 minutes ago, Alejobz said:

judging by her choices on tour setlist, she doesn't like circus, femme fatale & Britney Jean. but she likes some songs: "womanizer", "if u seek amy", "work *****" and that's it.

I don't think that's a huge indicator.

She's always mentioned Early Mornin' as one of her favorite songs, yet she's never performed it live, not even once. She also showed to have liked Alien, but didn't make it to the POM setlist, and not because of her. And even if she included it later during a few dates, it ended up being removed.

Then we got Glory, which she also said was like her baby and whatever, but only very few songs got to be performed. Then people say she doesn't like Femme Fatale, but she performed a lot of the songs from that album during the tour, so it's like...

The truth is, it's really hard to know. In every interview she's expressed very good of all of her albums, especially Britney Jean and Glory, but yet fans somehow believe she was lying for BJ but for Glory she was saying the truth, just because. She also talked very good about FF at the time it was released, actually implying she was very selective with what she recorded, but how are we to believe that today? 

The only one she didn't speak so much about was Circus, because there were less interviews about it. There's those small clips they posted on her channel, and that random interview where they ask her about a few songs and she says they're cool or whatever. She doesn't talk bad about it, but she also didn't talk as good as she did with the other three records. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Luiz Fernando said:

Blackout was definetely the one she was most involved in production wise but I don't know if she's through everything that went down while she was working in that album. Maybe it can bring back a few bad memories? Can be. I honestly think she was the ~happiest~ with her work and personal life during In the Zone and Glory. 

"most involved" just in the sense of picking who to work with. People somehow have the impression that because she's credited as executive producer, she went and sat down with Danja to craft the sound and direction of every song, when that's far from true. 

For the 10th anniversary many of the producers were interviewed and they basically said she would just come in and record whatever they had done for her, and she would leave, because she barely had time to do it, also she was always followed by the paparazzi. She didn't even want to record the background vocals for BTI "because they sounded like her anyways".  And I'm not saying it as a criticism, but that's basically the same process she's followed for every other album, so Blackout isn't really that different. 

Now, we can say she really likes the album given how many Blackout songs have been performed live since the Circus Tour until POM, but how many of those were really her decisions and not her team trying to pander to the fans? 

• Love 3
  • Like 4

She - like us - is probably calling bull**** on those albums. She loves ITZ and Blackout as she always goes back to the non album tracks and performs them on tour. It’s her best work and it’s clear she was most involved in Britney - Blackout. 

No shade to Circus & FF but it’s clear she wasn’t interested by this point and had no control over her music. I love Glory too and she seemed happy/passionate during this era which was really refreshing to say. I miss 2016ney

How proud can Britney be of Glory if she was likely not allowed to choose the people she worked with? I know she said nothing but nice things about the album, but she was on a promo tour, what do you expect? :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke: And in most of the interviews she didn't even mention the album, I lived that era vividly and I remember. Sadly, Glory was another opportunity for Lou to link Britney up with her other clients. Britney participated in the writing of some songs and she can be proud of that, but she wasn't calling the shots AT ALL. I think she must be proud of Blackout, ITZ, the music she made around 2004-2006 we haven't heard, and maybe Britney. She loved OIDIA but I wouldn't be surprised if she grew out of it.

Actually this is a question I'd love for her to answer :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: My emotional connection to these last 4 albums has been very damaged.

• Love 1

I think she genuinely likes Glory. She spoke quite highly at the time of its release about the fact she had more control with the album's sound than in the past. She also performed quite a few songs from the album during POM.

I think she likes aspects and certain songs from Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean but probably not the albums as a whole. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1