Joshua Schwartz, a former Britney producer shared a story about "Let Me Be", supports #FreeBritney and describes Britney as "one the sweetest human beings he ever spents time with"

It's funny when some people say the Britney era singles underperfomed... Well... actually they just didn't get enough airplay, Britney was banned back in the day in many radios. Outside the US these singles were HUGE. In Latin America the Britney era was as big as Oops and Baby.

Let Me Be was always my favorite track off Britney, also That's Where You Take Me and When I Found You.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Britman512 said:

There’s reason I loved “Britney” so much as a teen… I think it’s her most underrated album but it’s interesting seeing that this album was basically the soundtrack to crossroads. They should’ve did an album and soundtrack instead of being cheap. She had a huge Pepsi deal at the time. There was no shortage of money at all! 

she’s always been singing her own story but through a persona of someone she’s not truly:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

A separate Crossroads soundtrack was supposed to be released but it was cancelled. I think her label was worried it would cannabalise sales of the third album. Narrative is everything for pop stars and considering all the flack Britney got because Britney only sold 10 million, imagine the heat she would have gotten if the album had sold 6 or 7 million costume cha... copies I mean! Especially coming off the 19-million selling Oops. In that respect, cancelling the soundtrack was a wise move IMO.

9 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

Es gracioso cuando algunas personas dicen que los solteros de la era Britney tenían un rendimiento insuficiente ... Bueno ... en realidad simplemente no tuvieron suficiente difusión, Britney fue prohibida en su día en muchas radios. Fuera de los Estados Unidos, estos singles eran ENORMES. En América Latina, la era Britney fue tan grande como Oops and Baby.

Let Me Be siempre fue mi pista favorita de Britney, también That Where You Take Me y When I Found You.

I confirm. All the singles were very popular. Even "I love rock and roll"

Love this dude. I loved their work together. Lonely was a bop. The whole album actually.... I think Britney the album was a trendsetter like I think without it a lot of popstars wouldn't have explored as much hip hob/urban stuff. I remember hearing like I love you and cry me a river and being like this sounds like the male version of the Britney album. 

I always wanted her to work more with darkchild, josh and Brian , bloodshy and avant , guy sigsworth, Stuart price etc 

That Britney album was sooo underrated... I kinda wish the movie which I love wasn't associated so heavily with the album cos I wanted videos to lonely, before the goodbye/I runaway, bombastic love, let me be or what it's like to be me instead of inagnyaw even though I love the era I just think it would be legendary if people heard more of the variety on that album

• Love 1