Joshua Schwartz, a former Britney producer shared a story about "Let Me Be", supports #FreeBritney and describes Britney as "one the sweetest human beings he ever spents time with"

There’s reason I loved “Britney” so much as a teen… I think it’s her most underrated album but it’s interesting seeing that this album was basically the soundtrack to crossroads. They should’ve did an album and soundtrack instead of being cheap. She had a huge Pepsi deal at the time. There was no shortage of money at all! 

she’s always been singing her own story but through a persona of someone she’s not truly:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Love 6
  • Like 1
Just now, Britman512 said:

There’s reason I loved “Britney” so much as a teen… I think it’s her most underrated album but it’s interesting seeing that this album was basically the soundtrack to crossroads. They should’ve did an album and soundtrack instead of being cheap. She had a huge Pepsi deal at the time. There was no shortage of money at all! 

she’s always been singing her own story but through a persona of someone she’s not truly:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

totally! I always wish they would have separated the two to give the album space.

that era was SO jammed packed with literally everything: movie, album, Pepsi, superbowl, Dream Within Dream tour, HBO special, tv performances. 

She was literally on fire during this time!

Even though it SO ICONIC, this era is a classic example of Britney being worked too hard. It lead to the Britney overexposure and too much pressure on her that got us where we are today. it's hard to un-see it this way now.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, femmepop said:

totally! I always wish they would have separated the two to give the album space.

that era was SO jammed packed with literally everything: movie, album, Pepsi, superbowl, Dream Within Dream tour, HBO special, tv performances. 

She was literally on fire during this time!

Even though it SO ICONIC, this era is a classic example of Britney being worked too hard. It lead to the Britney overexposure and too much pressure on her that got us where we are today. it's hard to un-see it this way now.

Wow so I’m 21 and ig I never realized all that happened during the same era wow…

she’s a ******* athlete and deserves all the praise in the world

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Prachi said:

One of my favourites from this album, it's a literal shame 'Britney' album has not been appreciated - this album is pure gold - fantastic transition from bubblegum teen top - she had a lot of creative control on this one and not even bit I was/am disappointed by this album. 

I really don't understand why on Spotify it's her least played album. 

7 hours ago, JeniLeeSK8 said:

Totally agree. Its my 3rd fave and I'm shocked its so low on spotify!!

6 hours ago, setib47631 said:

It's only because "Britney" (the album) doesn't have any "major" hit like others. Hits monopolize most of the streams in these albums, that's why some are so high. Numbers (specially albums) on streaming platforms are relative.

...Baby One More Time has ...Baby One More Time  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Oops!... has Oops!... :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

In The Zone has Toxic

Blackout has Gimme more and Piece of Me

Circus has Womanizer and Circus

The others (FF, BJ, Glory) are post-streaming era so it don't really count.

6 hours ago, PinkyAndStinky said:

I remember I'm A Slave 4 U being pretty big. Boys was also a single off the album, but it wasn't as popular.

6 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Britney has more hits than her other albums. Slave, Boys, INAGNYAW, and Overprotected came from this album. There were six singles all together released from Britney not including two of her most popular remixes. The album was released at the height of her celebrity. It’s extremely under appreciated by the GP, but not because it doesn’t have any “hits” :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Britney (2001) was region-blocked for a long time which affects it's streams. I was in one of those countries where it was region-blocked and even, Not a Girl is known by many despite never even charting here so I don't think hits affects it too much. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Kartofelek said:

I wish more of her producers from her early years would share stories behind songs. I'm sure there is a lot of interesting things. Did anyone ask Joshua if he did songs that were leftover?

He did the unreleased Bring Me Home. I'm not sure about other songs though. 

7 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Britney has more hits than her other albums. Slave, Boys, INAGNYAW, and Overprotected came from this album. There were six singles all together released from Britney not including two of her most popular remixes. The album was released at the height of her celebrity. It’s extremely under appreciated by the GP, but not because it doesn’t have any “hits” :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

None of the singles were as big hits as oops!, BOM, toxic, gimme more or womanizer. Slave 4 U suffered from bans and while it didnt flop it isnt a timeless classic in the same way as Oops and BOM are. The other singles underperformed too compared to any of her pre BJ eras. For an album to gather streams after 20 years from release it takes not just a hit but a real big timeless hit like BOM, Toxic and Britney album does not have that. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

None of the singles were as big hits as oops!, BOM, toxic, gimme more or womanizer. Slave 4 U suffered from bans and while it didnt flop it isnt a timeless classic in the same way as Oops and BOM are. The other singles underperformed too compared to any of her pre BJ eras. For an album to gather streams after 20 years from release it takes not just a hit but a real big timeless hit like BOM, Toxic and Britney album does not have that. 

I would argue that anticipating is pretty timeless :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

1 hour ago, Popcornie said:

Correct. The Britney era suffered from radio bans, refusals from tv stations to play her videos/performances, etc. The OP said that that Britney didn’t have any “hits” which is simply untrue :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

4 hours ago, Popcornie said:

It's far superior than anything in BOMT or OOPS, including title tracks themselves. Tbh Britney barely had bops before this album, and Britney album contains her best tracks.