Gram Girls Release New Podcast- Toxic: The Britney Spears Story

The Gram Girls are back with a brand new investigational podcast! As you know they were one of the first whistle blowers of Britney’s corrupt conservatorship. Their episode rightfully titled ‘FREE BRITNEY’ was published back in April of 2019 after an anonymous paralegal called their hotline to say that Britney had been put into a mental facility against her will. We now know after Britney’s shocking testimony in court last month that these allegations turned out to be true. 

According to the girls, their latest project, Toxic: The Britney Spears Story, takes a deep dive into Britney’s personal and professional life, as well as her ongoing conservatorship case. They released the first two episodes on July 7th, both roughly around 30 minutes long. 

Has anyone had a chance to listen to the episodes in between the latest breaking Britney stories? What are your thoughts? I give the Gram Girls lots of credit for all of their work for the Free Britney Movement, but I can’t help but wonder if they’re starting to turn into what they’ve fought so much against. They’re now again exploiting Britney’s story and bringing in people from her past (like Jason Alexander) who are clearly just looking for another 15 minutes of fame. I’m hoping they’re doing this with Britney’s best interest at heart like they’ve done from the beginning. 

New episodes are released each week on podcast platforms. I’ve linked them below as well if you would like to listen and share your thoughts. 

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

1*tR9ztPFxRjDgKzs77WFgGg.jpeg

• Love 2

Listening to episode 2 now. There is something about it that isn’t enjoyable for me and I can’t put my finger on it. I’m sure most of the episodes were prepared before Britney spoke out in court and now I just feel sick hearing details about everything related to her past.

Also, them working on the podcast for 2 years, and then referencing Lynne’s book as some of their investigative material is kind of annoying IMO. Not hearing anything new so far. Just a rehash of her childhood and career for the millionth time. 

• Like 5

I appreciate what they have done for the movement but I never really found them all that interesting. I know their comedians I just never found their podcast appealing. So I won't be listening to this but I look forward to reading about the highlights and I hope they continue to spread the free Britney love as long as their intention is to keep her first. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, iknowthemusic'sgood said:

Listening to episode 2 now. There is something about it that isn’t enjoyable for me and I can’t put my finger on it. I’m sure most of the episodes were prepared before Britney spoke out in court and now I just feel sick hearing details about everything related to her past.

Also, them working on the podcast for 2 years, and then referencing Lynne’s book as some of their investigative material is kind of annoying IMO. Not hearing anything new so far. Just a rehash of her childhood and career for the millionth time. 

Honestly same. I used to enjoy Britneys gram but this just doesn’t feel the same to me. I don’t like the structured and scripted feel to it. I prefer podcasts to be just like a conversation. 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, iknowthemusic'sgood said:

Listening to episode 2 now. There is something about it that isn’t enjoyable for me and I can’t put my finger on it.

I feel the exact same way :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

4 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

I don’t like the structured and scripted feel to it. I prefer podcasts to be just like a conversation. 

It’s almost as if they’re reading an audiobook or something. Maybe that’s what’s turning me  off… it seems more forced than genuine :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

I really liked it. It's clear that they are doing a more professional podcast, and I enjoy the music and all the details about the world when Britney came out... It's very important to make a parallel to where we were as a society and where we are right now.
Looking forward to the next episodes.

• Like 1

It’s fine. I think if you want to listen to two women talk about Britney, then Eat Pray Britney might be more informative. I feel like Toxic is a good podcast to recommend to your friends who are not Britney stans. Hopefully they will have some new info or insight as the show progresses. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Momney2018 said:

It’s fine. I think if you want to listen to two women talk about Britney, then Eat Pray Britney might be more informative. I feel like Toxic is a good podcast to recommend to your friends who are not Britney stans. Hopefully they will have some new info or insight as the show progresses. 

Yeah Exactly. This BritneysGram podcast feels like a less informative version of the bbc sounds one that came out last week. I’m not feeling the 35 minute episodes either.

33 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I’m 26 min into the first one and am enjoying it. 

You guys should be more supportive. This will only bring more attention and explanation to people who aren’t as in the know as we are. This should only benefit Britney. 

Oh I’m going to listen to every episode and I definitely support them. It’s just when you spend half your day looking at exhale 🥴 it might not feel like new info. It’s very well produced.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Momney2018 said:

Oh I’m going to listen to every episode and I definitely support them. It’s just when you spend half your day looking at exhale 🥴 it might not feel like new info. It’s very well produced.

Yeah exactly 

I liked it, sure it’s not as fun as the first podcast was but this one is meant to be serious. Plus, you really can’t discuss Britney’s present without discussing her past, sure it may be info we all know but non fans don’t, since she finally spoke, A LOT more people are interested now.

I don’t like Jason A. either but the reality is, he had an experience with her team.

I’m looking forward to the interview with the whistleblower the most.

• Like 4