Introducing BreatheLighter, a New Proposed Iconic Exhale Subforum!

SlayOut

Wow, this proposed idea backfired badly - literally the Bionic of bad ideas. The downvote button being gone is a good thing imo, and the idea that getting a certain amount of downvotes would put members in a time-out category is too easy to abuse; some people would just form alliances and gang up on me unpopular members and downvote them to hell. :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: 

Similarly, it might also encourage some people with fragile egos to make alternate accounts to spite members that they don't like with downvotes from said accounts. :joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave: We don't need that level of pettiness.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

And I was just thinking earlier this week how I was so happy we got rid of the thumbs down feature and how much nicer it's been without it :katyfrog_perry_upset_um: 

It has been nice since the people that abused the downvote button were banned in the Great Purge of 201_. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Like I tried emphasizing throughout this flop thread, I’ve noticed a recent trend of certain members labeling others that have a differing opinion than them (or a different interpretation of this quick moving news) as “Team Con” or “Anti-FreeBritney.” Rather than engaging in conversation about those differences, just a simple label of Team Con allows people to not defend their stance. Or, alternatively, people can choose to stand in their misinformed stance.

As I know there’s no hope for the dislike button to make a reappearance, all I will say is that it’s too bad grown adults turned trolls would abuse the function. I at least used it with integrity and at a last resort, after trying to discuss my differences or simply using the “Ignore” function. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

5 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

I vote Nay

Maxine Waters Boss GIF by 52nd NAACP Image Awards

****** were annoying with that downvote. They mad cause I’m right and since they can’t argue they clicked their little button :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: 

Glad you’re so secure in your opinions! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Legends only!

2 hours ago, Stefani said:

Wow, this proposed idea backfired badly - literally the Bionic of bad ideas. The downvote button being gone is a good thing imo, and the idea that getting a certain amount of downvotes would put members in a time-out category is too easy to abuse; some people would just form alliances and gang up on me unpopular members and downvote them to hell. :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: 

Similarly, it might also encourage some people with fragile egos to make alternate accounts to spite members that they don't like with downvotes from said accounts. :joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave: We don't need that level of pettiness.

Thanks for pointing out I’m in my Bionic era. It’s the “post version” of being downvoted. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: I appreciate your honesty, though. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I thought it was against forum rules to create multiple accounts using the same email/IP address? If so, that would prevent the shell accounts (in theory). If that’s not the case, I’m an uneducated hag. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:
As proposed, I realize BreatheLighter/BreatheEasy could be abused. That’s why I sought open discussion to see if it could be refined. I’ve gotten the message loud and clear that it won’t see the light of day and will end up in the Exhale graveyard of original ideas. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

25 minutes ago, icybaby said:

So u really miss that downvote button ha:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I miss the spice it brought, and the fact I could let someone who was trolling quickly know their tactics were not appreciated. Or if someone posted something incendiary, a downvote was simple. Reporting threads was a couple extra steps, and trying to engage with a troll that doesn’t even care about genuine dialogue? :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands: Ha, forget it! :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Stefani said:

STEFANI LMAO GIRL I CHOKED #justiceforslayout

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, SlayOut said:

flop thread, I’ve noticed a recent trend of certain members labeling others that have a differing opinion than them (or a different interpretation of this quick moving news) as “Team Con”

Is this abt my posts on ur wall

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block