Jodi Montgomery is asking to get additional security following Britney's statement - Shows text exchange with Britney asking her to stay as conservator

Just now, mangotango said:

Jane Doe is not only used for  dead unidentified bodies. It is a common way to refer to someone whose identity is being concealed on purpose as well. Might have been smarter to use something else in anticipation of exactly this, but I don't think she is trying to imply anything more than that. 

i have only heard it used for dead bodies

2 minutes ago, Kevney said:

i have only heard it used for dead bodies

Probably not something most people use or encounter beyond crime TV shows where the alias is named mainly in the way you refer to, so that makes sense. But in a lot of professions it is quite common to use it when you need to protect someone's identity with no implication on a person being alive or not. 

6 minutes ago, mangotango said:

Jane Doe is not only used for  dead unidentified bodies. It is a common way to refer to someone whose identity is being concealed on purpose as well. Might have been smarter to use something else in anticipation of exactly this, but I don't think she is trying to imply anything more than that. 

Oh, I'm not very familiar with English/American culture so only time I've heard that name mentions is in criminal documentaries.

Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mangotango said:

I don't find it weird if Britney did write that, because it does not in any way contradict her statement in court regarding wanting to end the conservatorship. 

Sam is out of the picture, she will need a lawyer to help her get out of this mess. She needs her conservator to help her get a lawyer she actually wants herself. Jodi stepping down would mean first needing a new conservator to be able to proceed with a new lawyer and termination of the cship, which would just further delay things. 

Even is she doesn't like Jodi or trust her, it would be a quicker route to get to the stage of actual termination to not have Jodi resign as well. 

Finally someone with some common decency here. 

To everyone else, yes she wants it to end. She stated it. However it isn't that simple. There are so many things that you have to factor in. Britney probably doesn't have access to even getting a lawyer by herself. She probably wants to keep Jodi in place until she can get a lawyer because maybe she's afraid her father will take over Jodi's position, if she were to step back, and then Britney would have zero chance at ever getting her own lawyer. Britney is smarter than people give her credit for. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, mangotango said:

Probably not something most people use or encounter beyond crime TV shows where the alias is named mainly in the way you refer to, so that makes sense. But in a lot of professions it is quite common to use it when you need to protect someone's identity with no implication on a person being alive or not. 

It's still not a very nice name IMO. Shows how little she thinks of her.

5 minutes ago, Kevney said:

I think it's more to protect her privacy? I can't imagine people who work for Britney would just have "Britney Spears" as her contact name. But that was just my first thought haha.

3 minutes ago, Antidote said:

I don't trust in "text messages" we need audios

Same! I don't even think texts hold as evidence in court (unless you're going to small claims court)...

1 minute ago, Kevney said:

Meh, I will agree it was not super smart to use it still when submitting screenshots as an attachment to her petition, which inevitably will end up public. Although I have the benefit of hindsight here, I'd like to think I would have had enough foresight to consider the reaction it could bring - particularly since the whole petition was because she is supposedly being threatened. On the other hand, she is probably not super savvy on strategic communication, so might just not have considered it. 

But using an alias to protect the identity of your client (or whatever equivalent) is common practice and using Jane Doe to do that is as fairly common well. With zero ill intention on any part, just kind of a standard practice often. Still, it probably should have stayed an internal practice in this case, since like you pointed out, a lot of people probably connect only to "unidentified dead person". 

Id rather Britney be under the temporary care of Jodi, than her dad. 

If these messages ARE true , isnt a good idea that shes still far away from jamie as possible - WHILE she fights for a new attorney AND to end the Cship. 

this isnt bad news. Its good. The security part? Piss off. Nobody cares about YOU, Jodi THAT MUCH!

Just now, toxiccriminal said:

Same! I don't even think texts hold as evidence in court (unless you're going to small claims court)...

They do, because it is a pretty easy thing to prove/disprove if anyone contests. You just have to pull the actual text records from the service provider and badabing badaboom there is your answer. 

A trickier issue however is proving/disproving that it was the person tied to a phone number actually communicating. But that is a different thing, texts themselves can be used as evidence. 

13 minutes ago, Kevney said:

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here, but maybe she does it in case her phone gets stolen or if she receives a call or text while in the presence of other people, but you are right in how impersonal it feels.