Lynne Spears requests that Britney is allowed to hire her own attorney as she has proven she has capacity

28 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Having bashed Lynne myself a few times, we cannot disagree and not look into some points:

• Remember that everybody was worried around 2007. It was a dark time. I don't know how much is made up, and how much is real, but it was messy. Perhaps everybody - including Britney - thought this was good for the first 1-2 years. Perhaps they thought it protected her.
  • We just KNOW that when Jamie managed to make it permanent, to exploit Britney, he used her kids as 'blackmail'. Ever since, Britney herself has been playing his game. It's very much possible that she herself told her mom and other people that she didn't want to fight it, because she didn't want to upset Jamie.
  • In fact, Jamie has (recently? 2018-on perhaps) started to play other tactics to force Britney to do what he wants, and the thought that things could get even worse (as they did, in 2019) could have stopped Britney, Lynne and whoever else to try and end this. It took a lot of courage to really start things and to step her foot to finally do what she did.

Even if all of this happens to not be the case, better late than never, and Britney really does need ALL help she can get. So I'm with Lynne in this one.

What Britney probably needed in 2008 was a damn rest and love and support. A conservatorship is a very drastic tool and we’ve seen the consequences of it. Every danger she was allegedly exposed to and needed protection from was allowed to happen to her by the hands of her own family, thanks to this stupid conservatorship.

I’m with Lynne as long as she’s with Britney so I 100% agree with you on that. I’m confused why she filed this instead of a petition to terminate the conservatorship, though. She does need her own lawyer but Lynne could have filed that too as well, idk?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

What Britney probably needed in 2008 was a damn rest and love and support. A conservatorship is a very drastic tool and we’ve seen the consequences of it. Every danger she was allegedly exposed to and needed protection from was allowed to happen to her by the hands of her own family, thanks to this stupid conservatorship.

I’m with Lynne as long as she’s with Britney so I 100% agree with you on that. I’m confused why she filed this instead of a petition to terminate the conservatorship, though. She does need her own lawyer but Lynne could have filed that too as well, idk?

Because she's got a long way to go when it comes to dissolving the cship. They don't want to waste attempts - knowing James team will obviously disagree with termination, it will become a judicial battle, and Britney needs someone good enough to ensure her freedom. Today it's Ingham, who already said he wants to jump out, so she is not well-equipped as it stands.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Seanril said:

I'm glad to see but just so confused as to why now Lynn is doing something. Oh the questions we all have....

I believe once Jamie cut Lynn off financially, she decided to support Britney. She got involved two years ago. Better late than never, I guess. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

I'm sure Britney appreciate it. It's going to be interesting to see if she keeps Lynn in her life or if she'll love her mother, who acted late, from a distance.

• Like 4

ok - leaving the subject of her mother aside for now - i have read the document in whole and its a very good filing; they did not leave anything behind and i think this document is pure gold; her mother's attorney does know what he is doing and im sure this has been in the works since the 23rd - i guess the delay was with the fact of how to deal with ingham - now that ingham left, they saw a window and took it.

this is smart, this is good. i can feel the freedom already - my queen.

• Love 1
  • Like 7

It probably took Lynn so long because of FEAR. If these people could get away with this for so long (incl. Jaime and Lou) imagine what they could have conspired against Lynn? She has probably seen the free Britney support and Is having less anxiety going forward with her own lawyer.. I hope Britney is able to hire that lawyer that was in the documentary. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

ok - leaving the subject of her mother aside for now - i have read the document in whole and its a very good filing; they did not leave anything behind and i think this document is pure gold; her mother's attorney does know what he is doing and im sure this has been in the works since the 23rd - i guess the delay was with the fact of how to deal with ingham - now that ingham left, they saw a window and took it.

Her attorney "seems" like a good one so I'm happy in that regard 

• Like 1
Just now, Jadedkitten said:

“Listen to daddy “

“My whole family did nothing”

idk why y’all continue to give them changes they’re all scum in my opinion 

:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

it doesn't matter what she did - Britney will decide what to do about her mother, not us. what matter's right now is that she can free Britney of her conservatorship, and that is all we care about. for now.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, nthenwkiss said:

it doesn't matter what she did - Britney will decide what to do about her mother, not us. what matter's right now is that she can free Britney of her conservatorship, and that is all we care about. for now.

Britney like God forgives I don’t :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, Jadedkitten said:

“Listen to daddy “

“My whole family did nothing”

idk why y’all continue to give them changes they’re all scum in my opinion 

:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I think we all can agree that Lynn failed her daughter. This won't change my opinion of Lynn but I'm happy that she is finaaaally helping her daughter. Britney needs all the support she can get during this critical time.

3 hours ago, Roger said:

She is the one and only member of this family who might be redeemable. I think she is very submissive to Jamie and Bryan, this is why she let it go for years, but now she is trying to help a little. 

Patriarchy is the real enemy in this whole cship sh^t.

But according to Cuomo there isn’t a gender issue here :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek::katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I know well people whose mothers have been married for decades to alcoholics who are emotionally (and probably physically) abusive. It has been heartbreaking to hear how bitter and resentful their adult children are.

I’m a professional screenwriter and it is my job to imagine how various people think and feel. I find it very difficult to relate to these women, but I’ll try to do it anyway.

I believe Lynne genuinely loves Britney and wants the best for her, but she comes across as a timid and submissive woman who is scared of her ex-husband.

It took her a long time to get out of her marriage and I doubt she would have done it without Britney’s constant encouragement.

The NewYorker article offered an example of the dynamic between her and Jamie:

”Lynne began talking about her hopes for how the conservatorship would be managed, prompting Jamie to shout about his control over his daughter’s life, including Lynne’s access to her. At one point, Butcher recalled him bellowing, “I am Britney Spears!” It was a refrain she would hear him repeat often during the early years of the conservatorship, she said. Lynne, as Butcher remembered it, grew quiet."

Jamie isn’t the only one Lynne is afraid of. According to reports she has been staying at her younger daughter’s house in the recent month and it is my guess she refers to her in the following:

”She spoke in a whisper and apologized that she might have to hang up abruptly if other family members walked in and discovered her speaking to a reporter. “I got mixed feelings about everything,” she said. “I don’t know what to think. . . . It’s a lot of pain, a lot of worry.” She added, a little wryly, “I’m good. I’m good at deflecting.” ”

To me that last sentence reveals that she understands that what she has done – or rather, hasn’t done – is wrong. This interview was done in June. It is unclear if it was before or after Britney’s court appearance.

At the end of the court appearance in June Lynne’s lawyer stated that nothing had been done about the issues Britney brought up two years earlier and wanted to have concrete plan and dates to ensure something would be done. It didn’t sound like an impromptu statement. 

The petition was signed on July 1st. It was so long and had so many quotes from Britney’s statement that my guess is that they started preparing it immediately after the hearing.

Yes, a braver and less timid mother would have started fighting for her daughter over a decade ago. She isn’t that mother.

But she is a mother who was eventually able to listen to her daughter and leave her abusive husband (unlike the mothers of my friends).

She began taking baby steps to help Britney about two years ago and challenging her ex-husband about the c-ship. 

Now she has finally taken  decisive action to save her daughter from the hell she never intended her to get into.

I believe she knows what she has done and will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of her life.

I believe it is up to Britney to judge her mother – not me.

I am glad she filed the petition and am very hopeful that Britney will be free rather sooner than later.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

9 minutes ago, The Finn said:

I know well people whose mothers have been married for decades to alcoholics who are emotionally (and probably physically) abusive. It has been heartbreaking to hear how bitter and resentful their adult children are.

I’m a professional screenwriter and it is my job to imagine how various people think and feel. I find it very difficult to relate to these women, but I’ll try to do it anyway.

I believe Lynne genuinely loves Britney and wants the best for her, but she comes across as a timid and submissive woman who is scared of her ex-husband.

It took her a long time to get out of her marriage and I doubt she would have done it without Britney’s constant encouragement.

The NewYorker article offered an example of the dynamic between her and Jamie:

”Lynne began talking about her hopes for how the conservatorship would be managed, prompting Jamie to shout about his control over his daughter’s life, including Lynne’s access to her. At one point, Butcher recalled him bellowing, “I am Britney Spears!” It was a refrain she would hear him repeat often during the early years of the conservatorship, she said. Lynne, as Butcher remembered it, grew quiet."

Jamie isn’t the only one Lynne is afraid of. According to reports she has been staying at her younger daughter’s house in the recent month and it is my guess she refers to her in the following:

”She spoke in a whisper and apologized that she might have to hang up abruptly if other family members walked in and discovered her speaking to a reporter. “I got mixed feelings about everything,” she said. “I don’t know what to think. . . . It’s a lot of pain, a lot of worry.” She added, a little wryly, “I’m good. I’m good at deflecting.” ”

To me that last sentence reveals that she understands that what she has done – or rather, hasn’t done – is wrong. This interview was done in June. It is unclear if it was before or after Britney’s court appearance.

At the end of the court appearance in June Lynne’s lawyer stated that nothing had been done about the issues Britney brought up two years earlier and wanted to have concrete plan and dates to ensure something would be done. It didn’t sound like an impromptu statement. 

The petition was signed on July 1st. It was so long and had so many quotes from Britney’s statement that my guess is that they started preparing it immediately after the hearing.

Yes, a braver and less timid mother would have started fighting for her daughter over a decade ago. She isn’t that mother.

But she is a mother who was eventually able to listen to her daughter and leave her abusive husband (unlike the mothers of my friends).

She began taking baby steps to help Britney about two years ago and challenging her ex-husband about the c-ship. 

Now she has finally taken  decisive action to save her daughter from the hell she never intended her to get into.

I believe she knows what she has done and will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of her life.

I believe it is up to Britney to judge her mother – not me.

I am glad she filed the petition and am very hopeful that Britney will be free rather sooner than later.

Thank you for sharing this analysis. It’s very comprehensive given what we have in terms of public information. So the question is… why is Lynne scared of JL? 🤔

• Love 1
  • Like 1