Blair Berk and the Conservatorship : A Research Thread

On 8/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, Applejack said:

And that got me thinking about JL, and the rumored role of hers as being a "double agent". Lynne and Lutfi seem friendly, and Lutfi def knew JL from 2007 and were friendly. Lutfi calls her and gets a restraining order with the texts plastered on the court doc made by Jamie's lawyers? I thought Lynne was bugged, but I'm starting to suspect JL had the mind to rat her mom out to her dad.

I actually don't think Britney supports him 100%. I think she does hold a grudge against him because of the 5150. It did seem she thought he was responsible for both 5150 and was told by Jamie Lutfi was the sole responsible one for that. The "friend at the door" during the first 5150 could only be Lutfi or Lulu (I think?), since Alli wasn't there.

Also, the hairdresser story about Britney ratting him out to a bodyguard.

I do think Britney, though, is aware he is the only outsider with knowledge on the cship, on what happened and he is savvy and resourceful enough to do something about it. So, it's complex.

Ooh, I do love that theory about JL ratting her mom out to her dad. I've always suspected that she operates in such a fashion. Remember when Lynne was on the phone with Farrow/Tolentino? She said she might have to hang up abruptly if a family member walked into the room and caught her speaking to a reporter. 

I agree, I also don't think Britney supports Lutfi 100%, but the fact remains that she continued to reach out to him or his sister over the years for help contacting potential lawyers and other advocates on burner phones. It is definitely a complex relationship, but she continued to rely on him and his family.

I've always suspected that Lutfi or Adnan Ghalib (I can't recall whether Ghalib was present or arrived later) was the "friend at the door" during the first 5150. 

What do we all think about Lutfi's negotiation of his restraining order with Blair Berk?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 8/22/2021 at 11:31 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Do you think Lutfi is actively blackmailing them right now?

He seemed to turn on Lynne after he was slapped with the most recent restraining order.

EDIT: Or should I say..Do you think Lutfi is actively extorting them right now?

https://www.yourdictionary.com/extortion

I think they are still working together. Lynne's lawyers were supplying him with cship documents. I don't know if that's still the case.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Applejack said:

I think they are still working together. Lynne's lawyers were supplying him with cship documents. I don't know if that's still the case.

2 hours ago, Y2KLady said:

This definitely tracks. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Question...

If they're still working together...

Why would Lutfi leak the fact that Lynne had drugged Britney to get her into rehab? That's quite a nasty little tidbit of info to drop on Twitter, especially when Ali Simms was able to confirm it.

Is the goal here to lead the general public (or more like Jamie and the rest of Team CON) into thinking that they're not working as a team? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Why would Lutfi leak the fact that Lynne had drugged Britney to get her into rehab? That's quite a nasty little tidbit of info to drop on Twitter, especially when Ali Simms was able to confirm it.

Is the goal here to lead the general public (or more like Jamie and the rest of Team CON) into thinking that they're not working as a team? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

Possibly.

Or, perhaps Lutfi is not getting exactly what he wants currently from Lynne's legal team...and he's releasing bites of information in retaliation for every missed opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Question...

20 hours ago, Y2KLady said:

What do we all think about Lutfi's negotiation of his restraining order with Blair Berk?

I've been wondering that for a long time but I still don't quite have an answer.

I want to say Lutfi had a big change of heart on Lynne but he actually did throw her under the bus before. Besides everything he accused her of during his lawsuit against the family, a part of his legal strategy on the part of his lawyers was to insinuate Lynne was antisemitic towards him.

Anyways, it's another complex relationship and we know even less about it.

About Berk, that's even more obscure to me. It doesn't quite make sense to me.

17 minutes ago, Applejack said:

I've been wondering that for a long time but I still don't quite have an answer.

I want to say Lutfi had a big change of heart on Lynne but he actually did throw her under the bus before. Besides everything he accused her of during his lawsuit against the family, a part of his legal strategy on the part of his lawyers was to insinuate Lynne was antisemitic towards him.

Anyways, it's another complex relationship and we know even less about it.

About Berk, that's even more obscure to me. It doesn't quite make sense to me.

I've been mulling over this thread for a while now.

From what I can piece together, Lynne, Lutfi, and Blair Berk were all tied together by something they did. Package deal. What did they do? We don't know. It is possible that they conspired to commit Britney to rehab in 2007.

This is an assumption, but I presume that the restraining order was basically a cover for Lutfi to receive hush money. If this happened, it follows that he negotiated the terms. 

:lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

I've been mulling over this thread for a while now.

From what I can piece together, Lynne, Lutfi, and Blair Berk were all tied together by something they did. Package deal. What did they do? We don't know. It is possible that they conspired to commit Britney to rehab in 2007.

This is an assumption, but I presume that the restraining order was basically a cover for Lutfi to receive hush money. If this happened, it follows that he negotiated the terms. 

:lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Yeah, I guess they all have dirt on each other and use Britney as a proxy ground.

26 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

I hadn't even considered that...But it makes sense.

He's under a restraining order right now...Yet his lawyer and Lynne's lawyer are sharing court docs? :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

When it comes to restraining orders and Lutfi, it almost seems they are more for show than anything.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Y2KLady said:

Possibly.

Or, perhaps Lutfi is not getting exactly what he wants currently from Lynne's legal team...and he's releasing bites of information in retaliation for every missed opportunity. 

If that's the case...

It would be interesting to know exactly what he wants at this stage of the game.

It must be something he wants from Lynne...that she's refusing to give him.

On 8/20/2021 at 12:35 AM, Tuibella said:

No Blair Berk bought off Model/actor Samuel in 2010.

The case Case Number: BS128349 brings up ZERO results on Pacer, Justia, or LA court, it's a TRO Lutfi didn't even show up. Literally anyone can get a 14 day TRO in California, it says 2013 on trellis but that's not how it works. They never even went back to court to make it permanent. OF COURSE! TMZ had a camera crew on the scene when aspiring actor/model Samuel Barth is leaving the court.  😂 And I'm sure the fact that Blair Birk is Samuel's lawyer is just a coincidence. Nice of her to take a break from her celebrity clients like rap*** Harvey Weinstein and Britney Spears and help a kid out with his TRO. Apparently it wasn't a conflict of interest that Blair Birk testified against Lutfi in his 2009 restraining order proceedings .Reminds me of that time the Judge for Harvey Weinstein warned that two of his lawyers face a potential conflict of interest because they represented one of his accusers, Rose McGowan. Whenever I think maybe I'm reaching I go back and read Ronan Farrows New Yorker article 

" Burke also noted that McGowan has an email that Weinstein sent his Los Angeles attorney, Blair Berk, after McGowan suggested that co****e had been planted in her bag to discredit her and mute her r*** allegation about Weinstein. In the email, Weinstein writes, “Obviously trying to silence her,” and Berk responded: “I took care of getting that arrest warrant issued against her back on February 1 just so there would be no fingerprints. Damn.” 

I was wondering why a high-powered lawyer like Burke would want to represent someone like Barth. 

Interesting.

Another piece to chew on.

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I hadn't even considered that...But it makes sense.

He's under a restraining order right now...Yet his lawyer and Lynne's lawyer are sharing court docs? :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

When it comes to restraining orders and Lutfi, it almost seems they are more for show than anything.

You got it, lady! 

What a mess.

Happy Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

It fits with the details from the voicemail transcript which you posted, where Lutfi refers to receiving a ton of ca$h. He practically begged Lynne to allow him to wire her more of his funds to pay for her legal retainer fees. What does that tell us?

Lynne was strapped for cash and relied on Britney's estate, aka Jamie Spears, to give her an allowance for cost of living fees. It was an effective means to control Lynne's actions as well. Lutfi had a ton of cash from a payout (possibly blackmail) from the family. He offered it to Lynne as a means of circumventing Jamie's, and Lou's, control.

Going back to Lutfi's sham restraining order. Let's consider the depth of Jamie's hatred for Lutfi. Dude despises Lutfi. A restraining order would also benefit Lynne and Blair Berk, because it pacifies Jamie and appears to have the benefit of barring Lutfi from interfering in Britney's case, or any Spears family issues, in perpetuity. That gives us one less control issue for an abusive man to hold over his ex-wife's head.

1 hour ago, Applejack said:

Yeah, I guess they all have dirt on each other and use Britney as a proxy ground.

They do. Sadly, that's one thing we don't need to speculate about. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I was wondering why a high-powered lawyer like Burke would want to represent someone like Barth. 

Interesting.

Another piece to chew on.

The Wire Reaction GIF

FASCINATING.

I forgot about that post!

If it's all legit, and it seems like the OP had the goods, then there's a history of Blair Berk coming in to dumpster fire situations, negotiating terms of silence in exchange for payouts, and cleaning up people's messes. 

:shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus: Everyone has a price. :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

Wow.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

The Wire Reaction GIF

FASCINATING.

I forgot about that post!

If it's all legit, and it seems like the OP had the goods, then there's a history of Blair Berk coming in to dumpster fire situations, negotiating terms of silence in exchange for payouts, and cleaning up people's messes. 

:shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus: Everyone has a price. :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

Wow.

It could be a similar situation to Britney's visit to Burke's office in February of 2007.

If Burke was working for Lynne, and they had some kind of "intel" that they could hold over her (e.g. ***** found in her Malibu home) then it could have forced Britney's hand and forced her into rehab.

And there's another somewhat similar situation...

Not with Burke, but with Lynne and Lou coming in to "clean up messes" created by Lynne's daughters.

Tradesies.

https://www.tmz.com/2007/12/19/jamie-lynns-back-end-deal/

Between that and the book, Lynne was a busy lady that year.

Oct 29, 2007

"We asked Lynne Spears about the supposed tell-all for which she reportedly has a book deal and she told us it's not true! We spoke to Britney's pal Sam Lutfi later (off camera) and he told us Lynne does in fact have a deal with a Christian imprint, but for a book based on her spiritual journals that will have NOTHING to do with spilling any beans about her daughter's private life!"

https://web.archive.org/web/20080202132924/https://x17video.com/celebrity_video/lynne_spears/exclusive_lynne_spears.php

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

And there's another somewhat similar situation...

Not with Burke, but with Lynne and Lou coming in to "clean up messes" created by Lynne's daughters.

Tradesies.

https://www.tmz.com/2007/12/19/jamie-lynns-back-end-deal/

Between that and the book, Lynne was a busy lady that year.

Oct 29, 2007

"We asked Lynne Spears about the supposed tell-all for which she reportedly has a book deal and she told us it's not true! We spoke to Britney's pal Sam Lutfi later (off camera) and he told us Lynne does in fact have a deal with a Christian imprint, but for a book based on her spiritual journals that will have NOTHING to do with spilling any beans about her daughter's private life!"

https://web.archive.org/web/20080202132924/https://x17video.com/celebrity_video/lynne_spears/exclusive_lynne_spears.php

Don't forget about this:

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/exclusive-buine-being-jamie-lynn/

A national tabloid wants to contact Jamie Lynn's baby daddy and ask him for his story? He wants $250,000. Oh wait...Lou is involved now.  "'I represent Jamie Lynn and Lynne Spears, and if you want to make a deal with Casey, go through me.'"

:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

Guess Lou wanted way more than a quarter of a million dollar$. 

Regarding that X17 archived link you posted, it's just so INTERESTING that Lutfi appeared "off camera." :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

He was so shady and playing all sides of the interested parties in Britney. Everybody around her was always looking to make a buck.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe it's time we dig a little deeper into the Berk-Lutfi relationship...And look for the patterns?

"TMZ reported yesterday that Samuel Barth filed for a protective order against Sam Lutfi yet said nothing about Berk who filed papers on Barth’s behalf.

Radaronline, lesser known than TMZ but proven in courtroom reporting, likewise omitted Berk from their story on Lutfi and Barth.  They claimed today the FBI is investigating Lutfi but no mention of the intriguing relationships between Berk, Lutfi and Barth."

Link: https://breatheheavy.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/media-omits-blair-berk-from-case-against-sam-lutfi/

What else do we know about the Samuel Barth case?

Also...How in the world could he afford an A-list Hollywood lawyer like Berk?

• Like 1

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block