Demi Lovato says the 4th of July promotes white supremacy, celebrates

This post seems more appropriate for Columbus day. And I will ding Demi for coming accross very performative in her activism - especially lately. 

However, I dont think Demi is wrong saying July 4th "perpetuates the myths of American exceptionalism, Manifest Destiny, and white supremacy." Theres a lot of folks out there that believe America is above all criticism and should never be held accountable for endless war crimes, enabling systemic bigotry, land-stealing, slavery, etc. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Nobody has a vendetta against Demi. She became annoying as hell.

Maybe so, but why does everyone care so much about what they think?  :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor: I think it’s a bit pathetic to make threads about every little thing they say or do, just to mock them and misgender them.

Not playing devil’s advocate or anything, I just don’t get it.

1 hour ago, ThanksToBritney said:

I love Exhale omg.. I thought you’d mostly be far left extreme loopies by now, but you guys are actually still the good old investigating legends that you are and have not gone politically insane :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud: 

And hilarious too :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: ahhh I missed this place

No... nearly all of the right leaning users have been viciously chased off by now. 

43 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Maybe so, but why does everyone care so much about what they think?  :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor: I think it’s a bit pathetic to make threads about every little thing they say or do, just to mock them and misgender them.

Not playing devil’s advocate or anything, I just don’t get it.

You’re right, we should ignore her or whatever she is.

So all americans are white now according to Demi?

I feel like national days should be days when nations can be united as Americans , Canadians Australians, New Zealanders whatever your skin colour, ***uality etc etc we need these kinds of days to bring us together, remember the bad and always strive to be better but don't forget to celebrate how far we've come , I feel like people like Demi even if it's with the best of intentions ,  want us to all always feel miserable and hate everyone and everything. Yes there's work to be done 

But you can be proud of what you have achieved, of your country your heritage. 

Humans all have more in common and these little things that unify us and remind us to be thankful what we have and to work together to make things better. 

Being angry all the time and constantly being divisive turns people off. 

Let people have a BBQ or whatever and just have a lovely day. 

Im so sick of everything being so divisive and us vs them around this Earth on every single issue every single day. 

Life's short enjoy yourself. Be a good person and don't tolerate injustice but don't be a constant kill joy

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block