Demi Lovato says the 4th of July promotes white supremacy, celebrates

Yep the same narrative is being spun in Canada. Our national holiday was cancelled because of it. The political left here decided despite our having universal health care for all our citizens, no death penalty, having gay marriage long before the US; & despite having equal rights for women & LGBT and minorities and being a place where thousands of refugees flee here to escape persecution, that we are descendants of colonialism and therefore an evil genocidal white supremacist horrible country. Like I get it and I acknowledge there were atrocities committed historically but that doesn’t make the modern day nation a n^zi internment camp. Like I just think spinning this narrative is getting out of control. No country is perfect but we aren’t beheading people for being gay like they do in Iran. Like come on. If you hate the West then go live somewhere else. 

• Love 6
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block