A Sensitive Conversation: Does Judge Brenda Penny enjoy the power of keeping a legendary white southern woman enslaved?

2 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

Can you imagine the memes if Britney was a black woman in a conservatorship and Bill Cosby was a white man freed from jail? When the situation fits an agenda it’s framed a certain way I’m afraid 

if britney was black and the judge was white - racism would've been brought up 100,000%

• Like 6
2 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

I’ve also thought about this. When a judge is this incompetent and with such lack of judgement and empathy, you can’t help but wonder a lot of things. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: It may not be that complex, maybe it’s just plain corruption and greed. But this could perfectly be a good drive for her to avoid guilt in her own mind.

I have also thought so much about the possibility of LouLou, Reva and all these bad people targeting her as a “revenge” for being a “terrible role model to children” and s-e-x-y, confident lady. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

We can all sit and pretend that Americans don’t care about race and their actions aren’t influenced by politics and ideology… But it’s not true. And like you said, Britney is a big powerful icon, and always a polarizing one at that.

yes, - drag me if you must but i always felt people were a little less sympathetic to britney because she is white, blond, ****, powerful and beautiful... who's going to feel sorry for miss american dream? 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, neverover said:

Nope, Penny is a judge, same as Reva. Y’all talking like Penny is just a helpless little person who can’t do anything. She CAN do something. Any person with no conflict of interest will hear Britney’s plea, and investigate about what happened. But yet, she is just sitting there like business as usual.

The question here is wether Penny’s decision to keep the status quo of conservatorship is due to money or racially charged decision. I’d say money, but I won’t be surprised if it’s racially charged as well. 

I like the point you bring up, we have no proof of reason to believe that it can be racially charged but the question of wether why she hasn't done anything is there... I guess we'll never know.

1 hour ago, Soso said:

:squint_meme_sunglasses_pink_stare_squint: Are you guys really have a whole conversation about a black woman being racist towards a white one? 

:notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands: It's not a good look and it's embarassing that you could even talk about reverse racism....

:yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:  I thought we (you) were smarter and more educated than that. 

I'll just copy my earlier post here - you make a great point, but I just want to say there’s not reverse racism there’s just racism… which is what happens when someone doesn’t approve of another race that’s different than their own - racism is not exclusive from white to black.

OP brought up a valid concern… it’s possible in the realm of things and he shared and asked the question in a forum - racism exists and like I said it’s possible.

I agree that it doesn’t look like it’s the case but again… it’s a valid concern; and regarding the subject, I personally believe it’s more racist to ignore the possibility than to question it… or is racism a hush hush secret that shouldn’t be talked about?

Think about it, having the conversation gave birth to the BLM movement.

“It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.”

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

yes, - drag me if you must but i always felt people were a little less sympathetic to britney because she is white, blond, ****, powerful and beautiful... who's going to feel sorry for miss american dream? 

You’re right at least in my opinion. I even see that attitude in my relatives that have had to endure my Britney obsession. And I’m sure I’m not the only one here that can relate to that. I don’t know why so many people are like this to her :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

You’re right at least in my opinion. I even see that attitude in my relatives that have had to endure my Britney obsession. And I’m sure I’m not the only one here that can relate to that. I don’t know why so many people are like this to her :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

i hate that behavior and its VERY common... people love to hate on successful / happy people because they can't be successful and happy themselves.

Britney Spears did NOT simply get lucky and became the worlds biggest pop artist of the early 2000s by chance... that girl WORKED FOR IT and she deserves praise and admiration for being an extraordinary human being and having accomplished so many things - wether people like her or not, her craft is undeniable and to the very least she deserves respect.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nthenwkiss said:

if britney was black and the judge was white - racism would've been brought up 100,000%

Probably so but there would be hundreds of years of history to back up that claim. It wouldn't be outrageous to believe a white judge would punish a person on the basis of their skin because it's been done so many times before and it still is.

With that being said I think its counterproductive in this case and takes away from what is actually happening and it's the probate courts taking advantage of the system. If anything conservatorship abuse would fall more into the ageist category because the elderly are mostly who is effected by this. They treat older people like garbage as if they aren't human beings anymore.

It's an interesting discussion and I dont think the original poster had any ill will but it does come off offensive to point out the only black person in this scenario, when there are literally like 6 white people who have failed her as well. What's their excuse are they against their own race?  Do you see what I mean? It doesn't make sense.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, nthenwkiss said:

I like the point you bring up, we have no proof of reason to believe that it can be racially charged but the question of wether why she hasn't done anything is there... I guess we'll never know.

Yes, I agree with you. To be completely honest, I don't think this is racially charged. We need to know her history in probate court and the decisions she made there. Being racially charged only stand if Penny freed dozens of colored person under conservatorship before. But I highly doubt that, and I think Penny is just being typically silent and look the other way when the conservatee is asking for help.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Busybee said:

Probably so but there would be hundreds of years of history to back up that claim. It wouldn't be outrageous to believe a white judge would punish a person on the basis of their skin because it's been done so many times before and it still is.

With that being said I think its counterproductive in this case and takes away from what is actually happening and it's the probate courts taking advantage of the system. If anything conservatorship abuse would fall more into the ageist category because the elderly are mostly who is effected by this. They treat older people like garbage as if they aren't human beings anymore.

It's an interesting discussion and I dont think the original poster had any ill will but it does come off offensive to point out the only black person in this scenario, when there are literally like 6 white people who have failed her as well. What's their excuse are they against their own race?  Do you see what I mean? It doesn't make sense.

totally agree - but i also like that we're having the conversation.

• Like 1

Mannnnn gtfo of here w that BS! This woman is just a corrupt ***** , nothing more nothing less. The fact you’re trying to twist it into a race thing, let alone making it seem like an African American woman is trying to reprimand Britney for her fellow white folks crimes… c’mon 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, neverover said:

Yes, I agree with you. To be completely honest, I don't think this is racially charged. We need to know her history in probate court and the decisions she made there. Being racially charged only stand if Penny freed dozens of colored person under conservatorship before. But I highly doubt that, and I think Penny is just being typically silent and look the other way when the conservatee is asking for help.

This right here. U worded better than me I was a little aggressive lol

• Haha 1

I am glad someone shares my view. I have been saying this all along. Team Con which probably includes Penny pulled a few strings to make sure Penny handles this case. There’s something about strong powerful black women in Hollywood that screams “I am invincible and untouchable” and if you criticise their incompetency they can easily get away with it and turn it against you by playing the race card.

Not to sound racist but it is all part of a bigger movement in support of black supremacy as evident from cases like this and the blackwashing of characters in Hollywood. With that said I think it’s a mix between corruption, greed and a little dose of racism.

9 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

I feel like the fact that it took the media THIRTEEN years to turn this into big news really proves your point. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, bas che said:

I am glad someone shares my view. I have been saying this all along. Team Con which probably includes Penny pulled a few strings to make sure Penny handles this case. There’s something about strong powerful black women in Hollywood that screams “I am invincible and untouchable” and if you criticise their incompetency they can easily get away with it and turn it against you by playing the race card.

Not to sound racist but it is all part of a bigger movement in support of black supremacy as evident from cases like this and the blackwashing of characters in Hollywood. With that said I think it’s a mix between corruption, greed and a little dose of racism.

This statement borders really close to being racially motivated in the wrong way.  In fact it does read very racist.

18 hours ago, Lost In Space said:

I did consider this, but Jamie is a much smaller player in the grand scheme of things. The power is seemingly within controlling the freedom and life of Britney Spears, which ultimately comes down to the decisions of Judge Brenda Penny. At this point, this woman determines the future of Britney and any decisions relating to her. 

This would be a fun conversation if I was stoned, I'd probably agree. But ultimately...Judges have to be 100% impartial. That's their job. Nothing happens, unless a motion is brought to them. She will not *go out of her way* to help Britney because it's not her place, at the end of the day judge's remove all emotions...... doesn't mean it's right, but it's so.

now, out of office she surely knows how corrupt these conservatorships are so... it's very telling of her character