A Sensitive Conversation: Does Judge Brenda Penny enjoy the power of keeping a legendary white southern woman enslaved?

5 hours ago, TomasBR said:

Really? Reverse racism? That's the card you're playing? 

Things a happening with Britney because of money, not because she is white! You can tried to blur your words to make a hate speech seems nice, but it's still a hate speech.  Just don't!

This so offensive, I can't even...

You make a great point, but I just want to say there’s not reverse racism there’s just racism… which is what happens when someone doesn’t approve of another race that’s different than their own - racism is not exclusive from white to black.

OP brought up a valid concern… it’s possible in the realm of things and he shared and asked the question in a forum - racism exists and like I said it’s possible.

I agree that it doesn’t look like it’s the case but again… it’s a valid concern; and regarding the subject, I personally believe it’s more racist to ignore the possibility than to question it… or is racism a hush hush secret that shouldn’t be talked about?

Think about it, having the conversation gave birth to the BLM movement.

“It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.”

• Love 3
  • Like 2

no, I don't think so :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I feel it's just a case of being completely passive about the situation. We all wish she saw the situation and terminated everything at once, but, I always keep asking, is that how a judge in a case like this SHOULD act? In the end, it makes sense she hasn't done anything if no one has ever filed a petition to terminate. 

After all, all these years Jamie, Sam and all the lawyers have made it seem like everything is running smoothly, there was never an objection to the accounting, even if on the record Britney has complained, in the end the investigator kept saying she still needed the conservatorship, didn't he? So why would she doubt, from the perspective of a judge? Like, I genuinely don't know, how much can a judge do based just on intuition and without actual evidence, or with evidence saying the opposite. Like, why would she think that Britney was not ok in the conservatorship, when everybody is telling her everything is alright? 

Now ever since Britney spoke in 2019, she hasn't done anything, but wasn't Sam Ingham submitting those files claiming the conservatorship was voluntary? And looking back at 2019 too, she did order that extraordinary hearing after Andrew Wallet quit, even before Britney requested to appear on court, so she might have felt something weird was going on after all. And then ordered the evaluation. But after that, all the lawyers have been doing is just keep delaying and delaying the process, so again, how much can the judge interfere with the parties and push them to do something, to file a petition, to come to an agreement, etc?

I wish we could hear what's happening on July 14, because I think that's gonna show her true colors. Many things have happened and she can't remain oblivious to that. Not only we had Britney's testimony, but there's specific actions that should've been taken, like Ingham, he either had to file for termination, or let Britney get a new counsel. I'm really hoping for her to question him about this. Then we have the Jodi vs Jamie fight, and the Bessemer Trust quitting. So all of these issues and disagreements, plus Britney's testimony and the public pressure, must spark some actions from her, so if the conservatorship isn't terminated there, then a huge change needs to be done.

I mean I don't have high hopes because the lawyers always find a way to keep delaying things, but TL;DR; I don't think we can say she's keeping her in this situation, for any reason, when no one has officially requested the conservatorship to be terminated, until Britney's testimony last hearing, and still no actual petition has been filed. And if it WAS her job to actually take action despite no one explicitly requesting anything, but she's been paid to look the other way all these years, then I think it would have more to do with corruption than with race. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, TomasBR said:

Really? Reverse racism? That's the card you're playing? 

Things a happening with Britney because of money, not because she is white! You can tried to blur your words to make a hate speech seems nice, but it's still a hate speech.  Just don't!

This so offensive, I can't even...

Hate speech!? I am asking an uncomfortable question, sure, but to accuse me of that is disgusting. Jordan was the first to respond to this thread and he did so respectfully. If this topic / my words were hate speech or anything close to it, it would have been shut down. I don’t need your white savior clown *** making this something it isn’t. I am encouraging a respectful conversation here. You are the only person here taking it to a nasty place, not me. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Its another topic but I always had the feeling she was surrounded by very conservative, white, probably trump supporters (racist, misogynistic, homophobic ..?) people, especially her family and basically Teamcon (Jamie, Lou, etc) 

While Britney is not like that at all, she always seemed more like a Democrat, a free spirit, and she always embraced diversity. She also dated a black, white, latino and oriental men.

I’m sure when she showed support for Hillary Clinton back in 2016, Jamie was probably mad.
Also remember how she said (Shape magazine, 2013) how the original Britney Jean was going to be definitely more hip-hop, and then her team changed her plan, they probably thought it was too urban and ask for edm **** to keep her white audience and she didn’t even bother to properly record it.  

• Like 3

I don’t think it’s anything to do with her being specifically bias towards Britney due to race. Race does come into play though, as I think it’s her inability as a black women to overrule a ruling made by a white judge that is the problem. In a predominantly white profession, she came a long way to accomplish and to get to the position she is in right now. The fact that this c-ship was established by a previous, obviously corrupt judge, she has the burden to rectify and overrule what was wrongfully done.  

She has the authority to terminate this conservatorship with or without a petition. She does not need to wait for Samuel Ighram to fill that petition, but it seems that she is being dictated by all these lawyers that have no incentive for all this to end. It’s a clear white collar crime being committed here, and the flawed probate court system should take full accountability for what has been done. These lawyers just took advantage of Britney’s families selfishness, and all of them are now desperately trying to cover up. By not letting her free, delaying everything they avoid accountability. These lawyers still retain the power in the court to dictate the judge’s ruling. It is how they got away with all this for 13 years. They sealed court documents, kept it away from the public’s eye and they kept it going for so long despite Britney consistently wanting it to end. This is clear abuse and injustice, Britney needs a new human rights lawyer from the outside that will put an end to all of this bull****. Samual ******* Ighram you are going to jail, mister. 

• Love 6
Just now, neverover said:

Reva is in it for the money. And Penny continues her legacy. 

Penny has been way more permissive than Reva. If Reva created this whole legal mess, even using her powers to interfere with a civil lawsuit (the Brand Sense one), Penny has no choice but to uphold this mess and try to work with what the lawyers present her. Was Penny perfect? No, she should've dropped Jamie as soon as it was asked of her. But I don't think y'all understand how FAR Reva's mess extends to. Reva sounds corrupt, we have her on record showing disdain for Britney, etc.

• Like 3

I’ve also thought about this. When a judge is this incompetent and with such lack of judgement and empathy, you can’t help but wonder a lot of things. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: It may not be that complex, maybe it’s just plain corruption and greed. But this could perfectly be a good drive for her to avoid guilt in her own mind.

I have also thought so much about the possibility of LouLou, Reva and all these bad people targeting her as a “revenge” for being a “terrible role model to children” and s-e-x-y, confident lady. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

We can all sit and pretend that Americans don’t care about race and their actions aren’t influenced by politics and ideology… But it’s not true. And like you said, Britney is a big powerful icon, and always a polarizing one at that.

• Like 2

She is a useless *****.

She knows what Britney has gone through and despite all the abuse claims she did nothing but thank Britney for her time. Jamie should have been suspended, she should have been sent into a protection programme. It could have been ended there and then.

But no she chooses to take bribe and continue to imprison a woman who doesn’t deserve this.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Penny has been way more permissive than Reva. If Reva created this whole legal mess, even using her powers to interfere with a civil lawsuit (the Brand Sense one), Penny has no choice but to uphold this mess and try to work with what the lawyers present her. Was Penny perfect? No, she should've dropped Jamie as soon as it was asked of her. But I don't think y'all understand how FAR Reva's mess extends to. Reva sounds corrupt, we have her on record showing disdain for Britney, etc.

No way? I've never seen that vid do you have it?