The fans role in the Conservatorship, is the fan base ready to let go …

I’ve been a fan since 1998, and I remember in 2006-2007 the sadness so many fans felt as the media portrayed Britney as spiraling. Fans were upset that Britney would ditch shows, award shows, interviews she was scheduled to appear at … they hated how her image became a trailer park cheeto girl who would step barefoot in gas station bathrooms and was unhinged etc  … 

Fans rejoiced when circus started and since then it’s been this focus of getting Britney back to be Primney. Which continues into today … 

My question is, the conservatorship is messed up on every level, but can the fan base accept some responsibility by acknowledging how we were not ready to let the image of Britney Spears go? 

The reason for her success post conservatorship is because of us. TeamCon forced her back to give us what we had come to expect from Britney Spears …  

it’s sad to think how Larry and Lynn saw how Britney was unraveling the brand; that they would say “they built” “the family business” … (which to some extent is true any Britney interview from the early days focused on her family, friends, cousins, etc) I’m sure the amount of times Britney was ridiculed and called selfish by her family for destroying the brand … made them really push this conservatorship.

I’m sure that’s why they are scrambling now how to salvage the brand and why it took Britney so long to speak about the conservatorship in public … like she said on the 23rd “they told me it was bad for my image” 

I wonder had Blackout Britney continued her way … Matt Lauer interviews, no promo, poor dancing, no polished music videos etc … would the fansbase have turned on her? 

Sadly I do think Sam Lutfi gave her the most control she ever had in her career because he didn’t care 

I’d like to think after blackout Britney would’ve taken a long break …. And came back 5 years later refocused . But sadly we’ll never know. 

the point of this post is fans critical nature and I hope if Britney does perform again she won’t be ridiculed for her dancing, looks, outfits by the fan base like she was during Vegas and her last tour 

fans are always like she’s destroying her legacy . And that makes the conservatorship come down on her harder to be pretty and perfect

Has anyone thought that maybe the dance move she refused to do for domination May have just been something that was to intricate and grueling and she wanted something easier ?

• Love 3

I agree. The criticals, if we do (because let's face it, it's human nature before a fan nature) must be interesting & constructive, not just "oh she looks fat, anxious or whatever).

That said, imo critics were going too far also because of the cship & the image they want her to have. Now it's only speculation about the past. I imagine if she was free in her work, things would have been completly different (no messy choreo, outfits or makeup).

Speaking for me, I just love her unconditionally & want her to be happy. Isn't it the purpose of life ? :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Hmm… some fans have been hypercritical but that is not the issue at hand. The issue is that because her management and family can’t let go of the Britney brand they have in essence tried to destroy Britney the person in the process. 

If people don’t like who Britney the person is, then it is what it is. She shouldn’t have to please anyone. She should be able to retire in peace if that’s what she wants. 

In 2006/2007 Britney was at an extremely low point in her life and we simply don’t know how she would act now in unscripted interviews because she’s been super sheltered from it. We don’t know if she will “come back” at all in the same way and that’s okay. 

What matters is her freedom. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Idk what you mean because we still supported Britney/Blackout no matter what was going on in her private life and we definitely would have supported Circus too.

It wasn’t until Femme Fatale that some of the fan base started ‘turning’ on her and making fun of her performances/outfits etc but it was clear she was being forced to do the era in the first place and she herself wasn’t even passionate about it. 

I feel the fanbase has been very iffy ever since 2008 because everything Britney has put out feels like what a marketing team thinks her brand is, but not the things Britney is and had been showing even throughout albums such as Oops. It's like Britney the Brand is now the mockery of Britney the person.

The detail is subtle but the difference can be brutal

Of course the things kept going because there were always people to consume. Which makes it an even sadder endeavour? We were consuming non-stop all the while having identified something had been odd since ever.

But they were not transparent, she was silenced, they bought the media to make it seem everything was fine. I remember how I felt, how we felt. Something was odd but maybe...she was a different person, she had grown. It did seem like she didn't want to be there most of the times, but she was. The messenging was conflicting. They should get an award for making us feel everything was fine when her eyes were screaming that nothing was fine -- because that was just a little part of the gaslighting they dealt to her. Anyways...

• Love 6

People sometimes fail to realise that Blackoutney was a fase, a bad one, but still a phase. And everyone has a bad fase once or twice in their lives. Eventually, she would surpass that had people around her allowed her to cope with everything and figure a way out by herself through emotional support. Of course Primeney wouldnt come back, but a new Britney Spears was in the making. Not so in her public image but in a very personal level. What people didnt believe them but started doing now due to this whole situation, is that she is a very strong woman. Today more so than she was in the past considering she has even deeper scars.

The fact that fans rejoiced every once in a while due to a potencial signal that Primeney was still there - an energetic dance move, a smile in her face, she playing around with the dancers on stage etc. - was because WE are different from the general public. For decades we created a personal bond with her. From the beginning Britney was very sincere about what she was and that made us relate to her in unimaginable ways. She might know about some cases, but she saved tons of lives through her art, her words and her presence.

2016ney was the closest we got from this idea of Primeney. On that Vegas stage she gaves us everything she could, which was this dream that no matter how difficult things were and how bad it hurt, a smile would eventually form in our faces given the time to heal. We believed that was the case, but we didnt know what we know now. The "Britney Spears" Blackoutney would turn into may not be the Britney Spears she is today, and both of them for sure wouldnt be Primeney. Since the FreeBritney era started, we then came to the realization that it doesnt matter where Britney Jean Spears goes from this point foward, we just want her to happy, be in control, make her decisions and live the way she wants to live. Our love for her goes beyond the artist, we always loved the person more than anything. Most of us were too young to understand what she was going through, till adult life hitted us in the face and things started to make sense.

The point here is, yes, we had expectations and we were critical. But it wasnt because we wanted in our guts for Britney to be Primeney, but because that was the image Team CON was selling to us. If we knew what she was going through, we would've riot much earlier. They fulled us, they lied that she was well, they lied that she wanted to be there, they not only exploited Britney but also our love for her. In the end, its a two way road. Of course Britney bears the heaviest wheight, but now we are in our way to remove that wheight from her so she can spread her wings and finally fly.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

I've too wondered about the dance move her team wanted her to do. Maybe it could have been slightly dangerous, idk? We do know she's had some knee injuries in the past and maybe she was afraid of having another one? Whatever the reason, I'm sure its understandable and really, she doesn't have to have a reason. She doesn't need to be forced if she's uncomfortable with it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Annabanana said:

I've too wondered about the dance move her team wanted her to do. Maybe it could have been slightly dangerous, idk? We do know she's had some knee injuries in the past and maybe she was afraid of having another one? Whatever the reason, I'm sure its understandable and really, she doesn't have to have a reason. She doesn't need to be forced if she's uncomfortable with it. 

I think the dance move she wanted to cut was the horrible move we all complained about in the BTI choreo tbh. 

• Like 2

Fans think they know Britney better than anyone who actually knows her. I’m sure she wouldn’t appreciate people accusing Sam or others of taking advantage of her. 

Britney was complicit in the manipulation during her prime years … she was a great actress. She knew how to fake a smile and innocence for the public … she has on the record alluded to her calling her career cheesy. Girl basically played a ***ified Disney princess for most her career. 

I honestly think nobody knows the real Britney Spears 

This is super interesting because I don’t think I have ever been critical in any of Britney’s eras (not to humble brag Bc that’s not the point). I will, however, admit to missing the Britney we saw during 2007. Not the medias portrayal of her, not exhale, not the sad parts, and there were SO many downs for her, but when she was happy and didn’t have any care in the world and she was just free to be whatever and do whatever and manage her own. That’s what I miss... Everything after 2007 seems so... flat and lifeless and I feel that a lot of the reason why is because she was battling with ALL of what we know now and so much more I’m sure... 

I mean it when I say, as a fan of Britney the person, I will carry on supporting her in whatever she wants after she’s freed. 

I really do not agree, I will only speak for myself I have seen Britney 6 times live and have been a fan since the beginning -I knew she was under a C-ship but never have I ever suspected that this hell she's been going through. 

Second of all, I never really bashed her for anything - as a women I have huge respect for her and after 2007 my love for her even gotten more. Yes, I felt she is not feeling the performance but as a fan I never bashed her. I really don't know about others, I know GP hated her and started calling her overrated for her lip syncing and stiff dancing - but I always tried to defend her. Never have I ever disrespected her not even once. 

• Love 2

I recall being crytical and thinking how come Beyonce can dance so well and Britney has difficulties now if Britney was always the better dancer? I recall thinking that after the House of Blues "tour"/Presentations. That was prior team con.

But back then many of use were still very young and were not aware of how stress and mental health can affect somebody. Also later team con played it very well making us think that they saved her.