LA Times: "Britney's comeback can be just as big as she wants it to"

10 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Britney hates when people say “comeback” she’s always been here.

I can’t believe the media is already talking about touring, did they even listen to her testimony? She’s more than a machine created to entertain. 

exactly even without her doing anything her music still lives on 

people love her on TikTok and the numbers on Spotify are the proof of it 

• Love 2

I can imagine how traumatized she is and she will be, even with tons and tons of therapy - which she already said she doesnt believe.

But can u guys imagine she performing songs like IM SLAVE 4U???? Nah.. I think if she would performe once again will be few and chosen songs an hopefully new songs.

• Love 1

I'm sure the c-ship is salivating at this report.

The thing is, it won't work unless she's free. If she released a 'tell all doc' while still under any kind of constraints...or a 'personal album' ...well we all know how that turns out.

Once she is free, any sort of interview, documentary, book or album will sell and get massive attention. 

I hope she NEVER works again under the conservatorship.

When I look back on 'For the Record' ......the thought of them making money off her discussing the control she's under makes me sick. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Puppy said:

well you don’t need experts to know this. The amount of attention she is getting and everyone loves a “Phoenix rising from the ashes” narrative.

That’s why I feel Britney should just pay off everyone and just move on. She can easily get her money back, all of us will throw out coins at her and she can have everything she ever wants including full control of her career. 

Everyone knows she will have the biggest comeback but she needs a fresh and trustworthy team as I’m sure half of Hollywood will be flocking to her to again take advantage of the potential money that will be made. 

Are you serious? Yes to her making her own money and being free however they have taken MORE than enough from her. She shouldn’t have to pay anyone off!

when they are sued, she will make her money back. 

• Love 1

I agree with this article but my question is do we know Britney Spears? I don’t think she will do the whole touring part, but a tell-all album might be suitable and profitable. She can release it on her own terms, without any major record label!!:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I really want to rediscover her again!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Britney hates when people say “comeback” she’s always been here.

I can’t believe the media is already talking about touring, did they even listen to her testimony? She’s more than a machine created to entertain. 

Except when and if she decides she will be doing so exercising her free will and no longer a “machine created to entertain.” If that were the case then every musician would be a machine in your terms. She’s more like a machine now since she’s being controlled, however wouldn’t be one when she’s freed. I don’t think articles like these are bad since they’re bringing more exposure and saying that she’s a force to be reckoned with forever. I think this is why some people are also put off by the cause because there are people that will find fault in everything. First it was complaining that people spoke ill of her and now even articles praising her star power *when* and *if* she wants to perform again is also bad. I get that there are more pressing matters and priorities like gaining her freedom, but bad mouthing articles like these doesn’t inspire anything except getting artificial likes from strangers online 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Roger said:

Girl this ain't true in 2021, Britney hasn't been the biggest artist in the world since 2009 at best :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

But it's ok, she doesn't even want to be.

If Britney releases an album and tours she will be right back up on Forbes highest paid females just like the last time she properly toured for FF in 2011.

But this is irrelevant anyway, she has the small task of regaining back control of her life first... who cares about anything else at this point. 

But let's not underestimate the power she still holds in terms of success and sales 20 years into her career.....

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Oxic said:

Yeah but that won't happen unless Britney gets out of the conservatorship. There is no way she would come back without getting out, so it not's like if she wants she could. And I don't believe Britney wants to be "Britney Spears" again, her wishes and desires in life have changed, you heard her.

I love for her to start her own record label and shape young artist

• Love 1

I really hope she just leaves the entertainment industry. I’m sorry guys but she’s not a machine to entertain us. The girl needs to retire and just live her life after this circus. Britney doesn’t want to be famous or be at the top again. This girl has always rebelled against this toxic industry.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, BritneyLVR said:

Are you serious? Yes to her making her own money and being free however they have taken MORE than enough from her. She shouldn’t have to pay anyone off!

when they are sued, she will make her money back. 

Get off your high horse,  you sound like some chivalrous knight, did I not say she can make her money back? She can easily sue them but that means jumping back into court for another long battle when by that time she is exhausted and just wants to enjoy her life. So you bet she is more focused on having a baby. She will fight for custody first before suing all the evil people around her, I doubt she’s gonna want to deal with more legal stuff after she’s free plus how do you know the courts will investigate and return her money back? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Saoru said:

Sorry I don't see it.

There is something dishonest about this type of content.. Yes she will always have her fans but she is not appealing to the younger generation. 

Importantly, she hasn't performed since 2018. Almost 3 years already She has expressed her wish to have more kids and marry. 

I can't see how her performance skills would be maintained with close to 10 years out of the business (Conservative estimate) while approaching 50 years of age. 

Can you really see britney with a make up line?... It's not going to happen Fetch Mean Girls GIF

Not typing to bash her in any way.. I am just trying to point out the realities of where we are at because I know some fans are not accepting it and will have an absolute melt down. 

After her testimony, saying how she is threatened and forced to work and perform, there is something unsettling about writing about a comeback. It is the last thing that anyone should be thinking of. 

Madonna also doesn't have younger fans, Britney doesn't dance like 19 anymore and who really cares about all this? People go to her show despite. Same for madonna - when you are this long in this game you have accumulated fans from all around the world. Comeback is the last thing - but people can put their prospectives its not like she's 60 or something. Nobody is thinking about her comeback, we need her freedom and happiness back. 

But she still is appealing and always will be appealing - who cares for the younger crowd? Taylor swift has zero fans outside 22ish demography but kids and teens go see her, same for Britney she has a huge fandom and IF she retuns she will have the world this time. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

They basically gathered a few experts in the industry to talk about a possible comeback when she is free.

Summary:

- Touring post #FreeBritey has chances to be huge. They say that just like Madonna and Celine Dion, Britney is one of those artists that is completely able to mantain a massive amount of fans around the world even if she doesnt follow the trends in the music industry. That she could gross $250-350 million dollars in ticket sales easily. 

- Her BOOM in the streaming era still didnt happen, but her catalogue has pulled strong numbers for an artist that hasnt released new music in more than 4 years. A good album, talking about her personal experiences, in a very well managed era could fix that. 

- They also mentioned that producing her own documentary could be a massive move, citing Billie Ellish who sold her documentary called "The World's a Little Blurry" in 2021 to AppleTV+ for $25 million dollars, which production costs navigated around $2 million dolars. 

- Her perfume line is also an object of study here. They said Britney was the first big music celebrity to have her own line and that she still is the biggest seller in this field. But what Britney created, Rihanna made it better with Fenty Beauty. They assured that Britney still has the power to expand by creating her own skin care line, make up and intimate clothing lines and eventually surpass Kyle Jenner. 

- They said that nowadays she doesnt need to chase Pepsi or other big companies to be on top again. Basically what she touches becomes gold, and a lot of people would offer her very lucrative deals if or when she decides to comeback. 

- And the best part is that they made sure to hilight the fact that all of that could happen IF BRITNEY WANTS IT. That she could pretty much enjoy her life as she pleases while a lot of those things could be in the making by a very competent team of professionals she trusts. 

You can read the full article here:

How big would a Britney Spears comeback tour be? - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com) 

Even the existence of such an analysis make me sick. The only thing they care about is how much money she can make. MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY... That’s the focus. She doesn’t want more money, she wants to have a family and children. She has enough money for the rest of her life. I just cannot understand a culture that’s so obsessed with money and more and more and more money. Them pointing out it can only happen “if Britney wants it” doesn’t justify s-hit. People who evaluate success, healthiness, happiness only through MONEY have no place to speak or make their stupid analysis in this case. What was the purpose of this article? To signal new predators that there is money if the conservatorship ends and they can push her in other ways to be a slave again? 

She can and will do whatever she wants. F-U-C-K your greedy analysis LA Times. No one asked you this.

• Love 2

No.  Just no. Let Britney get free and then do whatever she wants for however long. If one day years from now she wants to sing… good for her.  I’ll be there to support her. But never, EVER again to the extent she was put through most of her life.  That hell should be behind her.  She deserves a happily ever after

• Love 1
22 hours ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

No offense intended, but isn’t that kind of what she did with Womanizer. Everybody knew all the dark shi she was going through and her comeback from that was a pop song. 

Similar to then, I think anything she puts out if/when she wants to would be successful 

The artistic growth from Oops up to Blackout was gradual. It seemed like in each new album she was more and more in control of what she was releasing. 

-Oops, unlike BOMT, she started addressing criticism, media and personal growth 

-Britney, the urban R&B sound + a more **** image + personal issues were the key 

-In The Zone - s** in its glory 

- The rumored Original Doll - exposing Hollywood's double standars 

-Blackout - risky and edgy sound with her being the producer

With 2 consecutive albums (or 3) without Max Martin, she left clear she didn’t need poppy radio friendly songs to be successful. For Circus, and for Womanizer as well (to be more precise) I assume they wanted to go for the safe side and rely on past people who made her successful, but it is unclear to say if that was her decision or not. 

Hadnt she been under a c-ship and statistically, I dare to say that her work post 2007 wouldnt exist they way it is now. Althought I have loved most of what shes done the last 13 years, Im also curious to know what her career would look (and sound as well) like if she would have been free this entire time. 

Maybe she would have done more movies, or sing other genres, or dance differently (which she does but not in a positive way). The thing is that, now that we know how restricted she was, my perception of her work is very skepticall because we have seen how much shes struggled to perform over the years. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RomallowsJean said:

I think it’s a given that whenever she wants to come back, even in 10 years, her next professional move will be a massive hit.

I really doubt it. Yes, she has the media attention but that's not enough. There has been many cases of people who you would think, ofc whatever he/she releases will be huge and it end up being (at least) what it wasnt expected.

MJ in 2001 for instance, everyone said: THE KING OF POP is coming back with You Rock My World. After the massive coverage in the 90's everyone expected him to be back as high as he was in the 80's and OH GOD, the song was actually good, it featured a R&B sound which was the new trend at the time but even with all those things in his favor, the song (and the album as well) was a flop, in MJ's standars. 

I dare to say that, yes, if Britney comes back one day, she will surely prove us wrong once again as shes done it many times before but Im very skepticall tbh. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Like 1