US officer plays Taylor Swift song to avoid video being uploaded

• Content Curators

Members of Anti Police-Terror Project (APTP) were protesting outside the courthouse at the pre-trial hearing of a San Leandro officer charged with the manslaughter of a black man.

The officer started playing Taylor Swift's No. 1 hit 'Blank Space' while protestors were filming him.

In the video, the officer says: "You can record all you want, I just know it can't be posted to YouTube." YouTube frequently removes videos that violate copyright rules.

When asked if playing music in this way is procedure, the officer responds: "It's not specifically outlined."main-qimg-059ede34a396358273954fcc83af6c63-c.jpg.2e9dedc67da402475bdfaad3ef8c2f55.jpg

Later in the video, he confirms: "I'm playing music so that you can't post on YouTube."

The sheriff's department said: "We have seen the video and referred it to our internal affairs bureau. This is not approved behaviour. It will not happen again."

The video, which was posted on 1 July, has had more than 180,000 views and remains online. It is also visible on the APTP's Twitter page.

• Super Mods
40 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Well technically I’m not from there but I lived in the Bay Area for about 2 years when I was child! I guess you can say I’m somewhat familiar with that area. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Haha I’m like G eazy and born in Oakland but yeah Bay Area my whole life. Ngl feel very jaded here even though it’s perfect weather 

2 hours ago, Puppy said:

Haha I’m like G eazy and born in Oakland but yeah Bay Area my whole life. Ngl feel very jaded here even though it’s perfect weather 

2 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Well technically I’m not from there but I lived in the Bay Area for about 2 years when I was child! I guess you can say I’m somewhat familiar with that area. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

im from the block 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block