Britney Spears and Beyonce Fame - Legend Status

1 hour ago, ElenaB said:

i don’t get why ppl need to discredit a singer to praise another singer… i dont like beyonce’s music but she is undoubtedly talented and an icon, just like britney. they’re both legends in their own right and very different. why do we have to choose if we can enjoy both of them?

Not discrediting, I was just reading. I like Beyonce tbh. 

1 minute ago, Prachi said:

Not discrediting, I was just reading. I like Beyonce tbh. 

i wasn’t talking about you, i was talking about both beyonce and britney fans who do this. i can’t at some delusional stans saying beyonce “isn’t even that famous” like ***** she’s one of the most famous people on the planet

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

i wasn’t talking about you, i was talking about both beyonce and britney fans who do this. i can’t at some delusional stans saying beyonce “isn’t even that famous” like ***** she’s one of the most famous people on the planet

This is what bothers me actually, that's why I wanted some opinions on it. I hate when people discredit Britney - it's quite alright not to like her music and all but saying she's not talented and can't sign burns my blood.

• Love 1

I’m honestly not a huge fan of Beyoncé. Nothing against her I just don’t love a lot of her songs. However I can definitely comprehend how talented she is and how well she puts on a show. I’d actually love to see one of her shows. 

Britney is my absolute fav and will always will be. However I think they can quite easily share the space, as many legends before them did. 

• Love 2

Before anything, I’ll say both are absolute legends.

But do you guys remember how it was like to be a Britney fan in 2016? Britney and Bey both performed at the VMAs. Ofc, Bey performed her whole Lemonade album while Brit just performed Make Me and Me, Myself & I. It was very bad to be a Britney fan that day. Everyone started humiliating her on Twitter and saying she was talentless white garbage compared to Bey. Even celebrities jumped on it and mocked her! The race factor plays a big role in this, just like in everything in America.

Ok, Britney lipsyncs. But Bey has the most perfect pre recorded vocals. Singers are not machines, there isn’t anything bad in relying on technologies to bring the best show to fans. And obviously Beyoncé has the best team while Britney’s is just so cheap.

Also Beyoncé has had the luck of having trustworthy and good people around her both personally and professionally, while Britney was always doomed in that department with that so called family. Britney’s peak was way bigger and immediate and she was just 16/17, she was just a kid carrying a lot of childhood trauma and pressure in her back. It’s not fair to any of them to be compared.

Bey could reach her potential and take it to another level while Brit had to go through life like a karate kid. I hope Britney gets to explore her artistic self like Beyoncé someday, she praised Lemonade and how she channelled her anger.

• Love 1