Britney Spears and Beyonce Fame - Legend Status

here in brazil  apart from her annoying and unpolite fanbase, people like beyonce because of how she presents herself: rich, glamorous, expensive dresses and stuff...brielfy, because of her wealth

musically, no one knows what she sings and its been a looooong time. she is pretty much famous for single ladies, check on it and HALO mostly because the song was part of the soundtrack of a hit soap opera back in 2009

Britney is less famous but still very very famous

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Matou said:

Imo Beyonce is STILL a perfect manufactured girl by the industry. I don't know much but one thing is obvious with awards ...

Awards are sooo fake & Beyonce even more. I think her dad is a big part of her sucess, he serves on Grammy Board Committee (Isn't it obvious why she wins every years?). I don't need to present her husband ...

And her talent ? Not that much for me. She is just super confident & looks nice & all but I always though she was the biggest fake girl in the industry, more since she pull herself as a Queen. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

She is used by the industry to push the agenda of BLM & feminism, I don't even think she really cares.

She fall in love not for Jay-z but for the NWO who promised her a healthy life in exchange to sell her soul to the devil :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

she uses that to promote her music but not even with that she can get that  #1 solo lmaao

what is left for her is some collabs on songs that were poised to hit #1 (like perfect and that girl megan song that I dont remember the name)

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jefferson Silva said:

musically, no one knows what she sings and its been a looooong time. she is pretty much famous for single ladies, check on it and HALO mostly because the song was part of the soundtrack of a hit soap opera back in 2009

THIS 

same in my country 

• Love 1

I don't think Britney was really able to live up to her potential for the past 13 years, who knows how different her career path would have been had she been more in control? 

I don't really care how technical these other girls are at singing, performing, critically acclaimed, Grammys etc because Britney (and only Britney) has that STAR POWER that none of the girls can compete with. She's just a more interesting and magnetic person. 

Her story is what makes her compelling.

I don't really think of Beyonce as having much of a story. She's far too perfect and polished to be complex or human even.

idk, not really fair to compare.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Britman512 said:

- the had shaving incident if anything boosted Britney’s career for a time and is considered iconic now

-if Beyoncé had shaved her head in a public manner she would have never been on a stage again 

right, but Beyonce would have never have gone through something like that in the first place. She had a more secure, privileged upbringing than Britney and had a better family surrounding her. Tragedy was never part of her trajectory.

• Love 3

Beyoncé is an incredible entertainer and performer, you just can't deny it, she lives to be on stage, it's really her passion

BUT britney has that little extra something that makes her really fascinating. she has this aura, this indestructible charisma that can only be found in figures like Lady Diana, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Audrey Hepburn, etc , i don't know, It's unexplainable...

Britney is more real, she isn't playing a character. She is Britney Spears. she's really legit in the sense that she's not one-dimensional, she has showed the world and expressed stuff that makes her seem like she is a fighter, she is strong, she has a lot of strength, it makes you root for her,  she isn't just a popstar or an artist, she is really interesting as a person and her story is interesting. Her life is literally a movie.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Angels970 said:

F.A.K.E

You believe everything that appears in the media i see
The paid media showed you that Beyonce is a legend 

A 9 year old child got a Grammy

is that make sense to you ? 

they also create TIDAL to manipulate stream numbers

Even so she cant get that No.1 alone

she can't compete in itunes and spotify

where are her real fans ?

What we see in reality is the opposite of what the media says

they overhyped her

You hate Beyoncé so much yet you know so much about her….

Don’t let hate consume you honey it’s not a good look…

Spoiler

..it Causes wrinkles :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

• Haha 1

Britney is a cultural Icon. She is also infamous. Britney represents our culture and times, the good and the bad. 

Beyoncé does have a controlled, perfect power image.  However she has had her own problems with her father. She fired him too. Britney has never been given that opportunity with her being in a conservatorship. Britney’s family have stunted her creativity the last decade. Where Beyoncé is praised for her self Titled and Lemonade. So it’s hard to compare Britney’s creative growth.

Beyoncé has toured hard the last decade. While Britney has been shining bright in Vegas. 

It’s also arguable Rihanna has been more popular and successful than Beyoncé the last decade as well. But I don’t care for stan

wars, so please don’t come at me. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

They are both icons and a-list pop super stars.  But Britney has always been the chosen one publicly. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

beyonce is so overhyped tbh like she can literally walk on stage pull down her pants and shart and everyone will be *******ing about how she’s the second coming of christ her music hasn’t been good since 2009 and i hate how she has this like holier than thou attitude 

britney’s done way more iconic things in 2001 than beyonce has in her entire career 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Britman512 said:

Well Britney has barely had music that wasn’t considered bubble gum **** teen pop

while Beyoncé has always been marketed to mature woman and is viewed as a role model because she is so poised yet powerful 

Vocally they don’t compare at all, Beyoncé has a way more impressive talent and her vocal agility and belts are what got her to the top

britney Hasn’t displayed this talent.

also Britney’s prime was relatively short compared to Beyoncé starting out in destiny child to I am Sasha fierce (Beyoncé never been able to top the success of single ladies)

also why is it a competition these 2 women don’t compare at all 

also race is important here because this is America 

- the had shaving incident if anything boosted Britney’s career for a time and is considered iconic now

-if Beyoncé had shaved her head in a public manner she would have never been on a stage again 

I don't believe Britney's prime was short at all - the kind of mania I've witnessed I have not seen this for anybody not even Justin Bieber who became a worldwide thing. I am reading a lot and there are a lot of people who drags Britney and applaud Beyonce as a matter of curiosity I asked.

36 minutes ago, dojaknee said:

beyonce is so overhyped tbh like she can literally walk on stage pull down her pants and shart and everyone will be *******ing about how she’s the second coming of christ her music hasn’t been good since 2009 and i hate how she has this like holier than thou attitude 

britney’s done way more iconic things in 2001 than beyonce has in her entire career 

This is what bothers me, Beyonce has showing talent from the last decade, but I don't know why people keep forgetting Britney has also done the same. 

Well like @PokemonSpears said, Britney is pretty much seen as a joke in the US, but internationally, she is one of the most loved pop stars. In Asia, she is the 5th biggest Western female act behind Madonna, Whitney, Celine, and of course Mariah. It was a literal frenzy when she announced she was coming to perform in many Asian countries for the POM World Tour. She was able to break into markets such as India, Philippines, South Korea, Indonesia etc, which are insanely hard for most Western acts to accomplish. She is equally as big in Europe and South America, where her albums have sold over millions. Whereas for Beyonce, she does not really have the global presence Britney does. I mean, her last international hit was in 2009. Heck, 50% of Lemonades sales came from the US alone :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Britman512 said:

How about instead of comparing her to Beyoncé how about we compare her to an actual pop star on her caliber like Rihanna 

both have signature sounds

plenty of dance hits

and edgy fun videos 

performance wise not comparable at all Rihanna does not perform she does the bare minimum but her beauty and presence is what brought people to those concerts honey :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

I am not comparing, I've been reading a lot and on twitter I see a lot people discredit Britney a lot while saying Beyonce is a legend. 

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well like @PokemonSpears said, Britney is pretty much seen as a joke in the US, but internationally, she is one of the most loved pop stars. In Asia, she is the 5th biggest Western female act behind Madonna, Whitney, Celine, and of course Mariah. It was a literal frenzy when she announced she was coming to perform in many Asian countries for the POM World Tour. She was able to break into markets such as India, Philippines, South Korea, Indonesia etc, which are insanely hard for most Western acts to accomplish. She is equally as big in Europe and South America, where her albums have sold over millions. Whereas for Beyonce, she does not really have the global presence Britney does. I mean, her last international hit was in 2009. Heck, 50% of Lemonades sales came from the US alone :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: 

She's loved In India actually - after her testimony everybody is talking about her these days. Her songs are also being played here a lot. I am an Indian.

• Love 2

For me both are iconic and legendary but has different path and how they reached the legend status. 

Britney, not even trying, just be herself and dance her *** off, married a backup dancer when she can married a prince or even any Hollywood celeb with big status to solidify her status, made a bigger impact than Bey, clearly she is - she is the most photographed people after Princess D. 

Beyonce for me, she's trying too hard and being overrated hy her fans. She married JayZ, that's when she solidified her status and clearly Jay Z helps her to get big in the industry. Her father helped her to win lots of Grammy, even Michael which is clearly 💯 better than her have less Grammy. I can't even name an iconic outfit from her but she does have like 2 or 3 iconic songs like Single Ladies, If I Were A Boy and Halo. Can't name the rest. But yeah, so for me, Beyonce is a legend in her own league just because she's trying way too hard than Britney when Britney doesn't even need to try to accomplished her status. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

i don’t get why ppl need to discredit a singer to praise another singer… i dont like beyonce’s music but she is undoubtedly talented and an icon, just like britney. they’re both legends in their own right and very different. why do we have to choose if we can enjoy both of them?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

She's loved In India actually - after her testimony everybody is talking about her these days. Her songs are also being played here a lot. I am an Indian.

Exactly. Her albums in India have sold alot of copies which is not something u see many acts easily do in India which is a market dominated by Bollywood soundtracks. Her presence in such markets is truly remarkable. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

i don’t get why ppl need to discredit a singer to praise another singer… i dont like beyonce’s music but she is undoubtedly talented and an icon, just like britney. they’re both legends in their own right and very different. why do we have to choose if we can enjoy both of them?

Also ^^^

• Love 2