Britney Spears and Beyonce Fame - Legend Status

I've reading a lot here and there and watching a lot of YouTube videos and some people always come hating Britney saying she lip syncs - doesn't dance and is very overrated. Well, I clearly will agree after 2005 Britney doesn't like the way she used to but there are simple reasons for that - her knee injury and her C-ship. 

I've reading a lot of articles stating Beyonce is the next MJ or Beyonce is a legend - though I love Beyonce I really don't understand why critics and people always discredit Britney. She's much more famous worldwide, and have more hits than Beyonce. I will not talk about album sales because there Beyonce lags behind by a lot. 

One more reason that comes to my mind is marketing - Beyonce life has been very well managed and private in front of the public and she doesn't even give any more interviews. Though Beyonce is a great artist and has been showing immense talent from a decade but Britney team never capitalised on her true personality. Britney has also never been known for her songwriting skills which is shame - do you think Britney never really cared about this? 

Critics have been very favourable to Beyonce while with Britney to GP I think she never got out of that Teen girl image. 

I would like to know what you people from other countries think? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Matou said:

Britney >>>>>>>>> Beyoncé

Coffee Cheers GIF by Team Cofidis - #CofidisMyTeam

Haha, that is something I know but we can't be biased as we are bigger fans of Britney. I wanted to understand a natural opinion on why Beyonce is been credited more and not Britney. 

7 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Haha, that is something I know but we can't be biased as we are bigger fans of Britney. I wanted to understand a natural opinion on why Beyonce is been credited more and not Britney. 

She is overrated to the rooftops, albeit being irrelevant for some years now (ever since the visual album, I guess). GP doesn't even know about her, it's the gays that keep pushing the legend narrative on her, when they barely can't name her last album or tour. Also, since we live in fake/shallow activism era, the fact she is black and portrayed herself as the 'ultimate feminist' some years ago make some gays give her that status. Just ask people outside our bubble, they'll no doubt say Britney is much more of a legend, much more iconic, and has done much more history.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ralphcornio said:

She is overrated to the rooftops, albeit being irrelevant for some years now (ever since the visual album, I guess). GP doesn't even know about her, it's the gays that keep pushing the legend narrative on her, when they barely can't name her last album or tour. Also, since we live in fake/shallow activism era, the fact she is black and portrayed herself as the 'ultimate feminist' some years ago make some gays give her that status. Just ask people outside our bubble, they'll no doubt say Britney is much more of a legend, much more iconic, and has done much more history.

I truly believe that, but critics always pushes these narratives. On twitter recently a lot of people were discrediting Britney and pushing Beyonce as a Legend. 

Plus I heard Beyonce is much more of bigger touring artist than Britney - Beyonce does worldwide tour? I've not seen her touring in Asia though? 

• Love 1

Well, Beyoncé simply didn't get as mediatic as Britney, so that would explain why Britney is seen more as a polemic big celebrity than a popstar, or a mix of both tbh. She's indeed a big worldwide name though. I also believe Britney actually has more recognition now than she did at her prime. I think GP discredited her way more in the 2000s. After her breakdown and then successful "comeback" Britney started to get this type of royal treatment, she wasn't at every event or award show, but everytime she steps in one, everybody stands up all the time, wich didn't quite happened before. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Imo Beyonce is STILL a perfect manufactured girl by the industry. I don't know much but one thing is obvious with awards ...

Awards are sooo fake & Beyonce even more. I think her dad is a big part of her sucess, he serves on Grammy Board Committee (Isn't it obvious why she wins every years?). I don't need to present her husband ...

And her talent ? Not that much for me. She is just super confident & looks nice & all but I always though she was the biggest fake girl in the industry, more since she pull herself as a Queen. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

She is used by the industry to push the agenda of BLM & feminism, I don't even think she really cares.

She fall in love not for Jay-z but for the NWO who promised her a healthy life in exchange to sell her soul to the devil :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Matou said:

Imo Beyonce is STILL a perfect manufactured girl by the industry. I don't know much but one thing is obvious with awards ...

Awards are sooo fake & Beyonce even more. I think her dad is a big part of her sucess, he serves on Grammy Board Committee (Isn't it obvious why she wins every years?). I don't need to present her husband ...

And her talent ? Not that much for me. She is just super confident & looks nice & all but I always though she was the biggest fake girl in the industry, more since she pull herself as a Queen. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

She is used by the industry to push the agenda of BLM & feminism, I don't even think she really cares.

She fall in love not for Jay-z but for the NWO who promised her a healthy life in exchange to sell her soul to the devil :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

I heard Jay Z cheated on her, why she didn't divorce him? I feel it's all because how they've become such a power couple types. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I heard Jay Z cheated on her, why she didn't divorce him? I feel it's all because how they've become such a power couple types. 

Divorce ? :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence: Bey is not gonna left his 1 Billion just for some cheats, she can even allow it :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Britney was always underrated/under-appreciated. She was labeled as “nothing but a one hit wonder blonde teeny bopper”. And once she proved to not be a one hit wonder it was well she’s too manufactured pop star, she uses auto tune, she’s just a pretty face with no talent. People couldn’t stand this beautiful girl was also successful. And now people call her a legend but at the same disrespect her by saying how mentally fragile and stupid she is because the whole c-ship crap.

also she danced her *** off and put on the most amazing live performances and yet when people talk about her performances they call her the arm waving hair flipping queen and completely ignore all her past performances based off newer stuff.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, AP4 said:

Britney was always underrated/under-appreciated. She was labeled as “nothing but a one hit wonder blonde teeny bopper”. And once she proved to not be a one hit wonder it was well she’s too manufactured pop star, she uses auto tune, she’s just a pretty face with no talent. People couldn’t stand this beautiful girl was also successful. And now people call her a legend but at the same disrespect her by saying how mentally fragile and stupid she is because the whole c-ship crap.

also she danced her *** off and put on the most amazing live performances and yet when people talk about her performances they call her the arm waving hair flipping queen and completely ignore all her past performances based off newer stuff.  

This is what I think as well, her team never capitalised on her talents other than her dancing. I really don't like comparing but they way Beyonce is praised and Britney is not makes me so angry. What Britney has not done and Beyonce has? Britney is such a human celebrity I've seen over the years. Britney is much more successful - I think Beyonce became big after lemonade album I only knew Single Ladies before that and I do not even like that song. 

Both are hardworking women, but this legend discredit really needs to go. Britney reached on her talent and started from the bottom.

• Love 1

Well Britney has barely had music that wasn’t considered bubble gum **** teen pop

while Beyoncé has always been marketed to mature woman and is viewed as a role model because she is so poised yet powerful 

Vocally they don’t compare at all, Beyoncé has a way more impressive talent and her vocal agility and belts are what got her to the top

britney Hasn’t displayed this talent.

also Britney’s prime was relatively short compared to Beyoncé starting out in destiny child to I am Sasha fierce (Beyoncé never been able to top the success of single ladies)

also why is it a competition these 2 women don’t compare at all 

also race is important here because this is America 

- the had shaving incident if anything boosted Britney’s career for a time and is considered iconic now

-if Beyoncé had shaved her head in a public manner she would have never been on a stage again 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Well Britney has barely had music that wasn’t considered bubble gum **** teen pop

while Beyoncé has always been marketed to mature woman and is viewed as a role model because she is so poised yet powerful 

Vocally they don’t compare at all, Beyoncé has a way more impressive talent and her vocal agility and belts are what got her to the top

also Britney’s prime was relatively short compared to Beyoncé starting out in destiny child to I am Sasha fierce (Beyoncé never been able to top the success of single ladies)

- the had shaving incident if anything boosted Britney’s career for a time and is considered iconic now

-if Beyoncé had shaved her head in a public manner she would have never been on a stage again 

Someone is a Beyonce stan I see. Britney’s prime was short compared to Beyonce’s? I think not. By any metric Britney’s success is much greater if you put the achievements of the past two decades together for both artists. 

Is Beyonce a better “singer” than Brit? I guess sure.  But I’d argue Britney’s voice and music is far, far more iconic. Not to mention Britney’s performances. Beyonce doesn’t even hold a candle in the wind to Britney in that category. 

There’s my two cents haha. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Angels970 said:

Beyonce is fake, she pays the media to look like this,  especially after 2013  She has no real fans .. She is even bought a Grammy for her daughter  :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:WTF 

I'm surprised there are still some people who believe her

WAKE UP :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

This.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, andy131 said:

Someone is a Beyonce stan I see. Britney’s prime was short compared to Beyonce’s? I think not. By any metric Britney’s success is much greater if you put the achievements of the past two decades together for both artists. 

Is Beyonce a better “singer” than Brit? I guess sure.  But I’d argue Britney’s voice and music is far, far more iconic. Not to mention Britney’s performances. Beyonce doesn’t even hold a candle in the wind to Britney in that category. 

There’s my two cents haha. 

I’m not a Beyoncé stan…

I’m just presenting facts, I appreciate all music so Beyoncé and Britney are both included in that sweetie:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

you can politely back off

Spoiler

And if we’re using logic here- Beyoncé is popular because unlike Britney she still delivers showstopping performances…it’s not be a Beyoncé stan I’m just not a so far up Britney’s *** ignore the facts…I love Britney she is the princess of pop but talent wise she doesn’t compare to Beyoncé that’s all

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

How about instead of comparing her to Beyoncé how about we compare her to an actual pop star on her caliber like Rihanna 

both have signature sounds

plenty of dance hits

and edgy fun videos 

performance wise not comparable at all Rihanna does not perform she does the bare minimum but her beauty and presence is what brought people to those concerts honey :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

58 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

F.A.K.E

You believe everything that appears in the media i see
The paid media showed you that Beyonce is a legend 

A 9 year old child got a Grammy

is that make sense to you ? 

they also create TIDAL to manipulate stream numbers

Even so she cant get that No.1 alone

she can't compete in itunes and spotify

where are her real fans ?

What we see in reality is the opposite of what the media says

they overhyped her

• Love 1