Another "Looking Back" Thought from For the Record

Remember when Jamie (Britney's dad) in For the Record basically said that putting Britney back to work is what she needs essentially to be saved from all the troubles in her life from 2005-2008? 

I remember believing in that, despite it being obvious that it was a really quick turnaround and Britney didn't really have time to process things. Now it just looks like he was ready to start making bank off her immediately rather than really helping her.

I have so many of these "looking back" moments on Britney's career and life that just come off so differently now to me. What are some of these moments for you?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I think it was true back then. She herself even talked about how important dancing and performing was at the time, I believe she even said it’s her therapy or something like that. I actually think the conservatorship started with good intentions at the start. But then they started exploiting her as we all know.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I think it was true back then. She herself even talked about how important dancing and performing was at the time, I believe she even said it’s her therapy or something like that. I actually think the conservatorship started with good intentions at the start. But then they started exploiting her as we all know.

I find it very hard to believe the conservatorship was ever put in place with "good intentions", especially since Jamie is a classic nparent. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: And no matter how important and beneficial dancing is for her, it was still too soon. She needed an actual break and a chance to get away from it all. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I find it very hard to believe the conservatorship was ever put in place with "good intentions", especially since Jamie is a classic nparent. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: And no matter how important and beneficial dancing is for her, it was still too soon. She needed an actual break and a chance to get away from it all. 

I would say it comes from a place of ignorance. Jamie Spears doesn't have education and was fooled by Lou Taylor and thought it was the only option. Then they took the opportunity to profit from this and the rest is history.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

that sounds good in theory, if all that happened was that you had a rough time, you made bad decisions, but now you're in a better place, then it's helpful to distract yourself with stuff like work, or some activity that makes you happy and helps you forget the sad moments. 

But if she was really SO ill as they claim, shouldn't they have focused on her health, and only that? Make sure to have all the therapies, treatments, tests, etc, to find her actual illness and the right therapy/set of medications for her? You just don't do all of that, all while sending the person to work, hoping that both things work out along the way.

So in the remote case that she really has a condition that required some level of control and intervention from her family, what they did by sending her to work was extremely inappropriate.

She could've still gone to the studio and take dance lessons, or record songs and release them, without all the stress of having to tour and give interviews. Sure, she wouldn't have made the same amount of money without the extra promo, but what was the most important at the time, to keep making millions or to have a full recovery of her health? 

So she either didn't need any kind of extreme therapy or medication, or they are complete incompetents (everyone draw your own conclusions :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: ). It's just obvious, what would Jamie and Larry know about mental illnesses or, anything at all. 

So in a sense I do agree that the career aspect is what has kept Britney afloat. Is the only way she can interact with other people (even if under extreme restrictions) and of course she loves music, and performing, etc. But anything she was going to do career wise should've been done under her own terms, at her own pace.

Going back to the OP, my "look back" moments are the times she's mentioned in interviews how hard it was to tour, and having to sleep in a different hotel room every night, sometimes not spending time with her kids when she couldn't take them on tour, etc. Maybe the touring wasn't so much the problem, but the level of overprotection she had, not being able to meet or talk to people, just always being surrounded by "her team" at all times. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

No. Lou Taylor planned the conservatorship & there’s nothing “good” about her. Vivian constantly repeating that Britney’s “Daddy” loves her must be paying off, blatant propaganda.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

There were so many warning signs in FTR. I’m surprised her dad/team actually let that air on television :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

I don’t think they had a choice. It was before they had the c-ship made permanent (remember they lied and told Britney she’ll be free out of the C-ship once she completed TCSBS tour 🤥) and they couldn’t fully control what she was saying, and they couldn’t pressurise MTV to edit things out they didn’t like. (Luckily for Britney, because otherwise we would have had Eden less to go on) 

Good points in response to my post. Even if the conservatorship started with good intentions, they rushed her back into work too quickly and should've focused on her mental health. Either that or her mental struggles weren't as serious as they said and exaggerated so they could keep the temporary conservatorship permanent. Either way is a bad look.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Z-dawg said:

I don’t think they had a choice. It was before they had the c-ship made permanent (remember they lied and told Britney she’ll be free out of the C-ship once she completed TCSBS tour 🤥) and they couldn’t fully control what she was saying, and they couldn’t pressurise MTV to edit things out they didn’t like. (Luckily for Britney, because otherwise we would have had Eden less to go on) 

I actually have my doubts about this, because in For The Record she actually compared her situation to people who gets jail time saying: "at least when you're in jail there's a time you know you're getting out" or something like that she said. So, I believe Brit from the very beginning knew it wasn't temporal OR maybe they told her around Circus Tour she was gonna get out of that after the tour ended like great news for her, so she could end the tour happy. They're shady af. 

• Like 3
Just now, tommy_boy said:

I actually have my doubts about this, because in For The Record she actually compared her situation to people who gets jail time saying: "at least when you're in jail there's a time you know you're getting out" or something like that she said. So, I believe Brit from the very beginning knew it wasn't temporal OR maybe they told her around Circus Tour she was gonna get out of that after the tour ended like great news for her, so she could end the tour happy. They're shady af. 

Yes. What I said was that her Dad and her Team did not have the authority to stop her from speaking and saying how she actually feels. I do think she already felt trapped at the very beginning, I agree, but her team haven’t fully isolated / silenced her at the time FTR was being recorded, that came shortly after. Like at TCSBS, strict no alcohol / **** policy, and they started to get her alienated from her dancers and friends, the main excuse was possible undue influence, which they use to this very day. Sick f*ckers. 

42 minutes ago, Z-dawg said:

Just because it was temporary doesn’t mean it wasn’t bad. All they did was took what was already in place and extended it indefinitely. I’m sure it got worse as time went on but I’m sure Jamie was already on a path of destruction. In the leaked voicemail from 2009, Britney was in the middle of The Circus Tour and in her “temporary” conservatorship and her father was already threatening her with her kids. Once Jamie got control he was all in. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Z-dawg said:

Yes. What I said was that her Dad and her Team did not have the authority to stop her from speaking and saying how she actually feels. I do think she already felt trapped at the very beginning, I agree, but her team haven’t fully isolated / silenced her at the time FTR was being recorded, that came shortly after. Like at TCSBS, strict no alcohol / **** policy, and they started to get her alienated from her dancers and friends, the main excuse was possible undue influence, which they use to this very day. Sick f*ckers. 

True. Who knows maybe it was so fresh that they didn't know how to control everything at the moment, or maybe they didn't care because she never mentioned the words C-ship (it maybe got cut out though) so people never guessed what she was talking about. She mentioned a lot though, even doctors, how nobody listened to her and how she felt trapped. But at the time maybe people thought she was talking about the rehab program. I don't know, the fact is nobody did something at the time. And the fans were also excited at her comeback, so...

But there were always hints from her.  :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Just because it was temporary doesn’t mean it wasn’t bad. All they did was took what was already in place and extended it indefinitely. I’m sure it got worse as time went on but I’m sure Jamie was already on a path of destruction. In the leaked voicemail from 2009, Britney was in the middle of The Circus Tour and in her “temporary” conservatorship and her father was already threatening her with her kids. Once Jamie got control he was all in. 

Yeah, never said it wasn’t bad. They just had less control to begin with, which is why FTR is the most authentic out of all her documentaries (that she was involved in). So my post really was in reply to the OP who was wondering how come her team let FTR air with pretty damning statements from Britney. And that’s because they couldn’t stop it and they couldn’t restrict / vet the questions she was being asked! I do believe the voicemail is a desperate Britney half way through the TCSBS wanting to make sure that her father can’t go through with what she was threatened with. But at that point she was told C-ship is until the end of the tour. The way they treated her from the beginning clearly didn’t fill her with confidence. It’s heartbreaking to think what she went through, living in fear of the possibility of losing her babies 💔 Heartless, greedy pigs 😪

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

True. Who knows maybe it was so fresh that they didn't know how to control everything at the moment, or maybe they didn't care because she never mentioned the words C-ship (it maybe got cut out though) so people never guessed what she was talking about. She mentioned a lot though, even doctors, how nobody listened to her and how she felt trapped. But at the time maybe people thought she was talking about the rehab program. I don't know, the fact is nobody did something at the time. And the fans were also excited at her comeback, so...

But there were always hints from her.  :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

Remember on the set of Womanizer they are applying the tattoos to her arm and she says: “I’M SO ANGRY! I’’M TERRIBLY ANGRY” and everyone just laughs at her! Like she’s telling a joke. But she’s serious and friggin’ Brett just laughs louder and louder. Remember watching that and knowing that what Britney just said a minute before is totally true. “They hear me, but they’re not listening.” 😪

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Z-dawg said:

Yeah, never said it wasn’t bad. They just had less control to begin with, which is why FTR is the most authentic out of all her documentaries (that she was involved in). So my post really was in reply to the OP who was wondering how come her team let FTR air with pretty damning statements from Britney. And that’s because they couldn’t stop it and they couldn’t restrict / vet the questions she was being asked! I do believe the voicemail is a desperate Britney half way through the TCSBS wanting to make sure that her father can’t go through with what she was threatened with. But at that point she was told C-ship is until the end of the tour. The way they treated her from the beginning clearly didn’t fill her with confidence. It’s heartbreaking to think what she went through, living in fear of the possibility of losing her babies 💔 Heartless, greedy pigs 😪

I’m sure they could have but just didn’t know it at the time. The conservatorship was still new and I’m sure Jamie and team were still trying to figure out how much they could control. As time went on they realized they could do more and more and get away with it. That’s why we’ve never gotten another authentic interview since. Every apperance is strictly controlled and pre-approved. Money and power is the root of all evil. FTR was a cry for help and no one listened :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I’m sure they could have but just didn’t know it at the time. The conservatorship was still new and I’m sure Jamie and team were still trying to figure out how much they could control. As time went on they realized they could do more and more and get away with it. That’s why we’ve never gotten another authentic interview since. Every apperance is strictly controlled and pre-approved. Money and power is the root of all evil. FTR was a cry for help and no one listened :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Yes, I think so. It was all trial and error at first probably and like you said, they didn’t have a true understanding of their powers, unfortunately they learned fast 😪 The letter she gave to Andrew Gallery was from the same time (during the filming of FTR) and it really underscores how angry, scared and upset she was. 🙁

• Love 2