Daughter of Casey Kasem (Ingham's client that died while in c-ship) speaks out

Never thought I’d look forward to watching a Tucker Carson segment :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

I appreciate this girl speaking out…Ingham needs to file for termination once and for all, the more he delays this, the worse it’ll look for him, and of course the more time our girl Brit will lose :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I keep asking the same, like, who even came up with that concept and why was it approved with such loose regulations 

It was either someone with a really pure heart who believed people wouldn't take advantage or someone with a evil heart who had every intention of using it to their advantage.

Or some one really stupid who didn't think it through :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: this is probably more likely the case.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Busybee said:

It was either someone with a really pure heart who believed people wouldn't take advantage or someone with a evil heart who had every intention of using it to their advantage.

Or some one really stupid who didn't think it through :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: this is probably more likely the case.

it just baffles me, that the United States of all countries would allow something like this to happen, I mean, I know there's also a lot of corruption like any other country, but they seem very appreciative of their freedom, so in that regard I don't know how something like this would even pass. 

And the irony is that people that actually need conservatorships for their relatives, are often rejected, so it's like, is there ANY case at all where a conservatorship actually worked? It seems like only people that don't need them get under one, and those that do need them don't get them. 

That's why the letter from the other thread is also interesting, where they're demanding to know all the data about conservatorships across the country, which I doubt they have. That really can't keep going on so unregulated. 

16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

it just baffles me, that the United States of all countries would allow something like this to happen, I mean, I know there's also a lot of corruption like any other country, but they seem very appreciative of their freedom, so in that regard I don't know how something like this would even pass. 

And the irony is that people that actually need conservatorships for their relatives, are often rejected, so it's like, is there ANY case at all where a conservatorship actually worked? It seems like only people that don't need them get under one, and those that do need them don't get them. 

That's why the letter from the other thread is also interesting, where they're demanding to know all the data about conservatorships across the country, which I doubt they have. That really can't keep going on so unregulated. 

I think it partly comes down to a heavy dose of ageism and/or ableism. Old people and people with disabilities (or perceived to have disabilities) have for long been treated like less human tbh, and as if they are not as sentient. I think that makes it easier for many to be comfortable/not bothered by conservatorships, even though they otherwise join in on singing "land of the free". 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, legendoftherose said:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/09/how-the-elderly-lose-their-rights

this article makes me so unbelivably sad and angry: "Once, she charged him two hundred and ten dollars for a visit in which, according to her invoice, he expressed that “he feels like a prisoner.”

This is one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. How can people be so cruel? 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah America is one big contradiction. We're more land of the greed than land of the free. If there is money to be made America will find a way to make it.

Reform is inevitable they can't keep this going like you said. Especially since it's exposed in such a high profile way.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, legendoftherose said:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/09/how-the-elderly-lose-their-rights

this article makes me so unbelivably sad and angry: "Once, she charged him two hundred and ten dollars for a visit in which, according to her invoice, he expressed that “he feels like a prisoner.”

i just read this whole thing and omg its basically a process by now - like the guy says in the article "its an institution" - i personally believe there is a special place in hell for these people.

i had criminal thoughts reading that article - how horrible and sick / twisted.

which makes me fully believe they'll never release britney spears unless another external force literally comes and overrules everything - if she's set free she'll expose a whole system that controls TOO much money; literarily we can't even begin to imagine the things that are currently happening behind the scenes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The concept of a legal guardianship over an adult person should not exist, even when you are old. Let’s say someone has dementia, a family member can help out but that does not mean some court appointed official or family member should assume control of all their funds and livelihood. The court has no right stripping people’s rights away for absolutely no reason. This is a disability rights issue that is all too familiar to many people with disabilities. There needs to be some sort of an accessibility act. There needs to be reform,and honestly the entire business aspect of conservatorships and guardianships needs to go. Once someone starts taking someone’s money against their will it’s time to drop it. Once someone starts getting paid to take care of them against their will, these people should be entitled to terminating. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rik said:

The concept of a legal guardianship over an adult person should not exist, even when you are old. Let’s say someone has dementia, a family member can help out but that does not mean some court appointed official or family member should assume control of all their funds and livelihood. The court has no right stripping people’s rights away for absolutely no reason. This is a disability rights issue that is all too familiar to many people with disabilities. There needs to be some sort of an accessibility act. There needs to be reform,and honestly the entire business aspect of conservatorships and guardianships needs to go. Once someone starts taking someone’s money against their will it’s time to drop it. Once someone starts getting paid to take care of them against their will, these people should be entitled to terminating. 

it should only exist as an extreme resource, maybe if they find a disabled person that is completely abandoned, without family or friends, as you say, if family members exist, they should take care of the disabled people, without receiving any salary. And if they can't, then the government should set a caregiver or whatever, PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT, not from the patient's money. And there should be an extreme, regular evaluation, at least, once a week or twice a week to check with the patient if everything is ok.

One of the sisters of my grandma died in California last year, or two years ago, I never met her, but my aunt was there, and she found her after many years of not knowing anything about her. She never married nor had kids, she always lived with her other sister, but she passed away years before. When my aunt found her, she discovered she suffered from dementia, she lived in a very deplorable state, she never cleaned her house anymore, there was garbage everywhere, in the outside the grass had grown so tall that people thought the house was abandoned, she didn't look after herself, she was very malnourished, and my aunt felt the obligation to intervene. She contacted other cousins, but no one could take care of her, or even help with the situation.

My great aunt actually had some money in her bank account, not rich or anything, but she had secured her late years by saving money. But since she suffered dementia, she never went to the bank to actually get the money. So my aunt try to set up something like a conservatorship over her, or some kind of power of attorney, to fix all the things that needed to be done to her house, and take her to an asylum or pay a nurse or someone that would take care of her 24/7. Well, she never got any of that, not even the power of attorney, because when she took her to the office, precisely in that very moment, my great aunt would act very lucid, would answer questions, and give the impression that nothing was wrong. They thought of making an evaluation, but my aunt had to pay for that and it was gonna be a very long process, and they needed to take action right away. In the end, my aunt had to take her to her own house, and take care of her with her money, until she passed away. She also had to clean her house with her own resources and everything. After my great aunt passed away, I don't know what happened to all of her assets, I suppose the government took over them, because there was no will, and no direct relatives to inherit them. So yeah, just like that, there's many cases where people genuinely want the government's authorization to help their relatives and make fair use of their resources, but then these cases get rejected. 

It just doesn't make sense the amount of cases you can find online of old people with dementia, that don't qualify for conservatorships, yet Britney at 26, was placed under one in a matter of days with no capacity declaration. 

• Love 1