The United States Congress invites Britney to testify in open letter to her

39 minutes ago, timito said:

I don’t want to be negative but will Britney actually do it if there wasn’t anyone standing in her way. I mean after listening to her testimony I can see her being this powerful voice but at the same time I feel like she is too shy to go ahead and do something like that in the Congress. 

A shy person, but imagine that the stake is not just a well done interview now. As shy and humble she can be, as much she's got this unbelievable power. And we have witnessed it many times on stage and now at her hearing. She can be vocal and good at it if there is a motivational force behind it. And just based on the hearing, the past 13 years extracted it. Anyways I'm optimistic. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Miguelblackpink said:

We should voice out to these congressmen that in order for Britney to accept this invitation they should extend their efforts by having the authorities pick her up.

I mean Britney in her own words said, that she can't go out her front door.

How else would she be allowed to go to Washington DC to speak out on her abusers? 

This invite is great but have the authorities pick her up and give her protection! 

write to your state representative:

STEP 1: find your representative at https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative by using your zip code and address.

STEP 2: once you've found your representative you should access their house.gov website and check for contact options for them, in my case my representative is Maria Elvira Salazar at https://salazar.house.gov and she has a contact option via the government website.

STEP 3: you'll be asked for your home address, email, name, and telephone number. Please fill out the fields accordingly.

STEP 4: you'll be asked what your message is, in this case you can chose the topic of concern as "judiciary" or "other issue" if its not available and chose the option that states that you do not want a response that you are just voicing your opinion (support).

STEP 5: you might write whatever you feel like writing but I suggest something short like "Hello my name is NAME, and I'm writing about the open letter published by Rep. Matt Gaetz and various other members of congress inviting Britney Spears to openly speak to congress regarding her allegedly abusive court ordered conservatorship.

I want to express my support for the proposal and suggest that authorities make sure that Ms. Spears receives said open letter personally and is made aware of its existence, and more importantly is not physically kept from attending such event if that is her wish; we heard from her testimony that her conservators have used force in the past, and have gone as far as involuntarily drugging her and admitting her into rehab facilities against her will. I hope my CONGRESSMAN/WOMAN shares said concerns. Thank you"

STEP 5: submit your opinion and share with friends / family.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, filmandstage13 said:

Great if it happens! But a few things worry me:

Seriously, Matt Gaetz and MTG are the last people in Congress you want on your side if you want to be taken seriously. They’re known for making side shows to deflect from their own personal and professional dramas. They are the last people who should be leading this.

Also, this is not a subpoena, it’s an invitation. Seems like it would be easily stopped by her team even if she does hear about it. If they can keep her from friends who live close by, they can prevent her from traveling to DC to voluntarily testify in Congress.

I agree with the folks that the Liz Warren update is more promising. This feels like it’s all for show.

But I hope I’m wrong. :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

Finally someone speaking some sense about the sponsors of this invitation. Yes, the Warren update seems more genuine and not political theatre. People (fans) are being too quick to applaud this. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, timito said:

I don’t want to be negative but will Britney actually do it if there wasn’t anyone standing in her way. I mean after listening to her testimony I can see her being this powerful voice but at the same time I feel like she is too shy to go ahead and do something like that in the Congress. 

i think she'd forget her shyness and take whatever opportunity she has to escape her abusers.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Reading that open letter made me piss my pants.

If I were Britney, I would be SO uncomfortable right now... I mean it's such immense support, but my gawd I would feel pressured...

yeah me too - i think she's embarrassed about all of this. but at the same time she wants to escape her conservators so she knows she'll need to fight and get out of her comfort zone for a little bit.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Wait, the whole House or just Gaetz? This creepy guy wants to pose as not ***ual offender and he’s using Britney situation to be redeemed????? What a disgusting pig!!!!

And Marjorie Taylor Greene is absolute psycho... Stay far away from Britney wacko.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

yeah me too - i think she's embarrassed about all of this. but at the same time she wants to escape her conservators so she knows she'll need to fight and get out of her comfort zone for a little bit.

42 minutes ago, mrjmendes said:

indeed, that's the other side of the coin. I would feel like too scared to make any move right now...

but

isn't this perfect for her to get free from this shi... ?

I could not agree more with you two!

• Love 1