Jamie Lynn trademarked her name and BritneyEscape (old BritneyHiatus) already went down

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

How on earth can you stop someone from using your NAME? That can't be legal. Just cause you file a trademark...? Doesn't that mean you can't profit off their name / make merch etc? But to mention their name? Someone explain before I implode 

did you have more info about this?  i can read there "filled october 2020", it was approved today july 1 as  a coincide with all ths ****? or what? im confused.

Friendly reminder: SIGN THE PETITION!!! Get ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN THE PETITION!!

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netflix-remove-jamie-lynn-spears-from-your-show-sweet-magnolias

“Netflix, we urge you to remove Jamie Lynn Spears from your show “Sweet Magnolias”. 

As its come to the worlds attention, Britney Spears has been under a corrupt and abusive conservatorship against her will and has been stripped of all her basic rights as a human being. She said she was drugged, abused, scared, isolated, confined, and traumatized.

Jamie Lynn Spears did absolutely nothing to help her as this was going on. In fact, she fed off her sisters conservatorship and took advantage of her sisters money and well-being.

Jamie Lynn could easily file a petition to terminate the conservatorship, yet she hasn’t. She instead allows the exploitation of her sister to continue.

How can you pay someone and allow someone the “fame” of whom continues to ride her sisters coattails, after knowing she does nothing to stop the abuse to her sister?

We petition to terminate Jamie Lynns contract on the show.”

#FireJamieLynnSpears

#BoycottSweetMagnolias

#FreeBritney #EndConservatorshipAbuse

4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

How on earth can you stop someone from using your NAME? That can't be legal. Just cause you file a trademark...? Doesn't that mean you can't profit off their name / make merch etc? But to mention their name? Someone explain before I implode 

Yeah... I thought it was about merch stuff. She's a public person and it would be impossible.

4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

That is correct. Trademarking a name does not mean no one can mention the name. You don't need to request permission if it is for editorial or informational use.