US Senators Elizabeth Warren, Bob Casey Ask For Data on Conservatorships After Britney Spears Testimony

1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

Agreed! Data is important because of they’re going to craft legislation to regulate conservatorships, they need to know the landscape out there. I think it’s also important how they say each state court approaches conservatorship differently. If federal legislation can help guide or dictate conservatorship across the country more uniformly, maybe corruption could be reduced.

Yeah, I've seen her work and prodding of bankers and corporate execs when dealing with the housing crash of 08 and she helped with the creation of the consumer financial protection bureau , which helps regular folks with legal battles on payday lenders, credit cards, etc. Financial corruption is her wheelhouse 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Yeah, I've seen her work and prodding of bankers and corporate execs when dealing with the housing crash of 08 and she helped with the creation of the consumer financial protection bureau , which helps regular folks with legal battles on payday lenders, credit cards, etc. Financial corruption is her wheelhouse 

Yes, she is thorough and is a great advocate at the federal level! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Jamie is probably already shook

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

We have three branches of government, which is supposed to be a system of checks and balances on the other two branches. We have a judicial branch (supreme court, judges), executive branch (president, vice president, and their cabinet of people), and legislative branch AKA congress. Our congress is made of the House of Representatives and the US Senate. The legislative branch votes and enacts policies that both the Senate and House come to an agreement, which then gets sent to the executive branch from approval. 

At least that's how it's supposed to work on paper :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

I have some more follow ups as I'm also not American and it is more fun to ask here than to Google :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Does the Attorney General head the Supreme Court?

What's the difference between what the Attorney General does and that Jerrold Nadler guy (House Judiciary Chairman), the one Matt Gaetz was asking to host a  hearing on conservatorships & Britney to speak?

Alll so confusing but I want to learnnnn

Kid Absorbing GIF by Bottle PR

42 minutes ago, Matou said:

1,3 millions people to save :toodles_britney_sam_run_instagram_bye_goodbye_scared:

50 billions to take back :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

imagine how many people are locked up somewhere agains their will and do not have the power britney has - they'll be saved too; what an emotional moment. my god im so happy this could help SO many people 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Salsa555 said:

I have some more follow ups as I'm also not American and it is more fun to ask here than to Google :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Does the Attorney General head the Supreme Court?

What's the difference between what the Attorney General does and that Jerrold Nadler guy (House Judiciary Chairman), the one Matt Gaetz was asking to host a  hearing on conservatorships & Britney to speak?

Alll so confusing but I want to learnnnn

Kid Absorbing GIF by Bottle PR

Attorney General heads the Department of Justice, which includes agencies like the FBI, among others. Attorney General is a top tierhead honcho position, while Jerrold Nadler is a regular state rep in the House of Representatives (which is one half of the legislative branch i mentioned above) House reps are voted into these groups called subcommittees, where they conduct hearings for their specific subcommittee.  House Judiciary is one of those groups 

• Love 3