Rolling stone has a Pride issue celebrating gay icons, however Janet Jackson isn't included

Rolling stone has a special Pride issue celebrating the icons of the LGBTQ community such as Madonna, Cher, Britney spears and others. 

Plus LGBTQ pop artists like Halsey, Adam Lambert and a few others. 

However adding more erasure, they didn't include Janet Jackson, and that's basically erasing her impact on the LGBTQ community especially for people of color. pride.jpg.8e2596a047eec3f203881b8e88889601.jpg

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Rolling stone has a special Pride issue celebrating the icons of the LGBTQ community such as Madonna, Cher, Britney spears and others. 

However adding more erasure, they didn't include Janet Jackson, and that's basically erasing her impact on the LGBTQ community especially for people of color.  

I'm so sick of the Janet erasure. I hate it when they try to erase her impact 🙄

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I never followed Janet's career. I love her songs and music videos but I'm unaware of any of her personal life. What did she do for the LGBTQ+ community?

Also, YAAAASSS Kylie!!! On Rollingstone..finally!

The velvet Rope, in particular Free Xone and a lesbian cover of Tonight's the night by Rod Stewart.

I love Janet and I’m aware of how The Velvet Rope gave LGBT issues such big exposure. But has she kept being supportive? I know her family is all Jehova’s Witnesses, and I think she was married to a Muslim billionaire who is the father of her kid. I don’t see her mentioning Pride in her social media either so I can’t help but wonder where she stands these days? I’m a fan of her music but I don’t follow her personal life as much. :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Like 2
On 7/1/2021 at 12:00 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

However adding more erasure, they didn't include Janet Jackson, and that's basically erasing her impact on the LGBTQ community especially for people of color. pride.jpg.8e2596a047eec3f203881b8e88889601.jpg

Probably one of the worst Rolling Stones cover. So ugly. Feels like the start on the first raw and they were like "damn, there are many more, make them smaller" Love how most of the photos have the white balance high, si it looks kind of an old picture, but then RuPaul, and a few others, have the colours super bright. Yeah might be because of the original picture, but either balance the super bright pictures across the cover, or equal the colour brightness.

Britney is too low but at least she's included I am really sick of this Janet Jackson's erasure, why this women legacy is not shown anymore? Literally younger generation doesn't even know her - most people now know her only because of MJ's sister. This women has been and is a wonderful performer and a musician, this is really sickening. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block