White House asked about #FreeBritney

1 hour ago, Slave4yew said:

The White House press sec was asked about Britney and they are apparently watching the case closely. DO SOMETHINNN BIDEN

How the hell did you get that "they are watching the case closely" from that? She literally said that she has been following it personally, meaning she cares but it's probably not a topic that has came up behind the scenes. There are bigger fish to fry in the white house.  That's why she changed the subject so quick. 

• Like 5

Wow, this is really great from an awareness standpoint! And, I’m not sure how many folks watch Jen’s press briefings regularly, but when she says she’s watching the case closely, to me that means that it’s something she cares about personally.

It will be interesting to see what kind of follow-up there is from here. I’m not sure there’s immediate action the president could make on his own (since Congress makes the laws) but it would be a big deal if he were a vocal supporter of conservatorship reform!

And that is my super legal analysis

High School College GIF

1 hour ago, Z-dawg said:

Ok. What was the #freebritney follow up question? Can’t make it out! I just heard “The President has been a bit busy” 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Also, do we not think Kamala Harris would be a better person from the White House to look at this? She can always go to The Pres with her findings! 
Kamala Harris Victory GIF by Election 2020

2 minutes ago, VanillaCandlez said:

Don’t forget that as soon as Joe Biden took office, the petitions section was removed from whitehouse.gov, where we had a petition with over 100k signatures for the federal government to investigate the conservatorship 

:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I will never forget about that petition we all signed. Still bothers me it didn’t turn into anything. 

1 hour ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

How the hell did you get that "they are watching the case closely" from that? She literally said that she has been following it personally, meaning she cares but it's probably not a topic that has came up behind the scenes. There are bigger fish to fry in the white house.  That's why she changed the subject so quick. 

This is how I interpreted it as well

I hate to get political because I literally hate both parties so much, but Let’s not forget that the DNC knew about Britney’s situation in 2016 when she met with The Clintons. THEY DID NOTHING! Biden can’t even complete a full sentence let alone know what’s going on . I swear the people that end being president are so wrong for the job.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

You know, it still blows my mind after we were told we were a conspiracy theory and a joke for at least a year, that this is now finally being considered so seriously that it's being brought up to major US politicians and institutions.

If this was the 2000s, you would be laughed at if you just asked a politician to have sympathy for a female popstar.

:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

10 minutes ago, 90sgirl said:

I hate to get political because I literally hate both parties so much, but Let’s not forget that the DNC knew about Britney’s situation in 2016 when she met with The Clintons. THEY DID NOTHING! Biden can’t even complete a full sentence let alone know what’s going on . I swear the people that end being president are so wrong for the job.

What Clinton’s could have done? By legal means, they would have to go to court.