Amazon releases first look at Camila Cabello's "Cinderella"

Don't get me wrong, I love Cinderella, but I genuinely can't sit through another remake of the exact same story with a different set of actors.

If you're gonna redo it, make it different. Make it a camp comedy with Bianca Del Rio asΒ Fairy Godmother and Alaska as the wickedΒ stepmother. At least AΒ Cinderella Story changed everything so it was 'modern day'.

Also Camila's actingΒ gives me Lea Michele vibes, which isn't a good thing.

12 hours ago, cillaward said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Cinderella, but I genuinely can't sit through another remake of the exact same story with a different set of actors.

If you're gonna redo it, make it different. Make it a camp comedy with Bianca Del Rio asΒ Fairy Godmother and Alaska as the wickedΒ stepmother. At least AΒ Cinderella Story changed everything so it was 'modern day'.

Also Camila's actingΒ gives me Lea Michele vibes, which isn't a good thing.

I really don't know why producers can't give it a chance to a new story. It's as if everything that was ever going to be invented was already done and now there's no other option but to keep remaking / rebooting / reimagining everything we already know. You can find so many interesting stories on any fanfiction website, you'd think it would be easier to find a good writer with a nice, new story.

And yeah, it's like a cheap, unfunny version of Lea Michele.

• Love 1
On 7/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, Korb said:

What's "forced" about diversity and how can you be inclusive without being "forced"?

You can be inclusive if you don't change the main points in a movie and do these changes where people don't really notice.
It's like Ariel. Most people are used to a red haired white girl so if you change that people will be offended by this and call it "forced".
If these changes aren't that "in-your-face" you won't complain since the main characters are the same.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DearBritney00 said:

You can be inclusive if you don't change the main points in a movie and do these changes where people don't really notice.
It's like Ariel. Most people are used to a red haired white girl so if you change that people will be offended by this and call it "forced".
If these changes aren't that "in-your-face" you won't complain since the main characters are the same.

The only people upset about Disney casting a black person as Ariel are racists.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Korb said:

The only people upset about Disney casting a black person as Ariel are racists.

That’s bull**** though. Stop tossing this word around.Β Personally I just wanted to see my favorite Disney character come to life in it’s original version, just like they did with all the other live adaptations. Ariel’s look is iconic, but now apparentlyΒ even her hair won’t be bright red, they are changing the story line, so honestly at this point Disney could’ve just come up with a whole new movie about a mermaid instead. While I think Halle will do a great job, IΒ still believe Ariana Grande should’ve been casted as the main character. Not only she looks like Ariel, she sings like her too, so Disney really blew it with this one. I’m anyway excited for the movie.Β 

• Like 3

I think her management tries too hard to make her relevant. I'd like to see another twist on Cinderella tho :)Β asideΒ of mixed feelings about her - I don't know her (personally,) so I can judge overall the final result :)Β If it's gonna be as good as Cruella - why not? till then - I don't know her ;)Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block