Madonna unwarrantedly drags Britney into a drag at Lil Nas X while not saying #FreeBritney

19 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Not Madonna trying to misdirect all the attention from Lil Nas X. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: Last time I checked, he’s actually gay, Madonna. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I honestly don’t think it’s that serious and Lil Nas X can be gay as he is partly because of Madonna, so let’s not act like Madonna was just queerbaiting tbh

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

I honestly don’t think it’s that serious and Lil Nas X can be gay as he is partly because of Madonna, so let’s not act like Madonna was just queerbaiting tbh

Lil Nas X was performing at the BET Awards in front of a mostly hetero***ual Black audience and was claiming his Black queer ***uality on that stage. He has consistently challenged homophobia in all communities, but especially in the straight Black community since that’s where he learned his ***uality was something to be frowned upon.

I don’t really think there is a direct line that can be drawn from the VMA kiss to Lil Nas X’s kiss. Sure Madonna has been a role model for many queer people, but she isn’t the only blueprint out there.

It seems presumptuous of her to try to put herself in the center of a performance that has broader positive implications for the Black LGBTQ community (and the entire LGBTQ community as a whole). :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:
Just my opinion. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Like 3