Madonna unwarrantedly drags Britney into a drag at Lil Nas X while not saying #FreeBritney

9 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Lil Nas X was performing at the BET Awards in front of a mostly hetero***ual Black audience and was claiming his Black queer ***uality on that stage. He has consistently challenged homophobia in all communities, but especially in the straight Black community since that’s where he learned his ***uality was something to be frowned upon.

I don’t really think there is a direct line that can be drawn from the VMA kiss to Lil Nas X’s kiss. Sure Madonna has been a role model for many queer people, but she isn’t the only blueprint out there.

It seems presumptuous of her to try to put herself in the center of a performance that has broader positive implications for the Black LGBTQ community (and the entire LGBTQ community as a whole). :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:
Just my opinion. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Idk. I miss the divas that would just be messy for no reason. I doubt she means anything bad by it.

What you said doesn't take away what I said. He's pushing boundaries, but for him to be pushing those boundaries from his current platform, is partially thanks to Madonna. It doesn't take away from what he's doing at all though. It's just more of an argument against the "you're not even gay, Madonna" thing. 

• Like 4

The f* Madonna!? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I still listen to her cause you cant simply erase good music, but her persona has long gone made me drop her as a fan. Instead of celebrating Lil Nas for being the first male rapper to pull that on stage, she is trying to drag him? Last time I checked we're still in pride month an you're not gay, so whats popping Madge?  :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

• Like 5

Can y'all not understand when a person is making a joke? :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Yes, Madonna saying something about the Free Britney movement would be a way better use of making a post which shows Britney, I agree with that. However, thinking this is some harsh, drag when there are people who are actually being bullied is random. I'm sure Nas will sleep just fine at night. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Can y'all not understand when a person is making a joke? :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Yes, Madonna saying something about the Free Britney movement would be a way better use of making a post which shows Britney, I agree with that. However, thinking this is some harsh, drag when there are people who are actually being bullied is random. I'm sure Nas will sleep just fine at night. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Actually he had a beer with her at the LA stop of Madame X tour

Madonna is a fake who used Britney on MATM because her career was starting to flop hard and she wanted to be relevant again with the biggest pop star in the world. She has never cared about Britney and was just another user in her life. Anyway, no one cares what this hasbeen has to say.

• Like 1

And this is why Britney axed this women out of her life! People like to throw around the word “narcissist” these days but Madonna is the LITERAL definition. I mean come on lady. You haven’t mentioned anything in support of #freebritney and as others of you have said, Lil Nas X is actually gay and for that reason alone his performance is groundbreaking. Madonna needs to grow TF up already and start thinking about OTHER people once and a while. It’s infuriating that she holds the “Queen” title and acts like this. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I don't mind this joke in terms of the superficial gay stan diva culture type joke or whatever it's called and as a Madge stan I can't lie, I do love a good diva moment humor, however, this moment was something that should've just been left to the stans to do instead, like while Madge isn't necessarily wrong in terms of her impact, Lil Nas X doing this at the BET Awards for a Black audience is a very specific type of significance and for this joke to come out of Madge can be :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: to some but on top of that she didn't say anything for Britney so while I understand this type of humor, it would've been better had she just avoided posting such thing at this time :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad: