New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Britney's Vision Throughout Her Career: Do Somethin'

With this entire situation where it seems Britney never had any control, let's use some moments during this time to actually relinquish in Britney's artistry and the direct influence on her work and image.

I wanted to start with something that isn't as obvious: the Do Somethin' video, as Britney directed this video and pushed for the single herself.

Mona Lisa was inroduced in this video: her alter ego.

The painting with the perfect smile, a juxtaposition to the purpose of the alter ego: for Britney to not have to be perfect.

The most interesting part in this video apart from the Mona Lisa introduction is the Hello Kitty necklace outfit.

It showed that not only was Britney aware of her lolita image, she was channeling it herself this entire time

(unlike what people had said about her; that she's a puppet and that it was imposed onto her or that she had no idea what was going on)

Like I said, Do Somethin' had to be pushed by Britney herself, something that was common in her career. Her record label Jive didn't want it as a single, which is why Britney ended up directing the video herself.

If the label wasn't gonna do it for her, she would do it herself.

Britney was the ringleader of her own image. 

🌹 on Twitter: "Britney Spears - Do Somethin'… "

If this catches on, I'll post more threads where we can appreciate moment where Britney pushed for her own vision and direction (basically every step of her career prior to the conservatorship lol)

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

I definitely agree that the Do Somethin’ visuals really had Britney’s stamp on them in terms of direction and vision. It’s a cool song and a cute video. 

That's a cool way of putting it! It's very much a direct proof of what Britney wanted her career to be.