Christina Aguilera on Britney's testimony: To be silenced, ignored, bullied or denied support by those 'close' to you is unimaginable

2 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

We stan. She probably hasn't had any interaction with Britney since the late 00's but she is still showing support despite anything that happened in their past. When will Madonna, Lady Gaga and those so called feminists? I love you Xtina, going to stream your latest album.

Also, can we talk about how Xtina didn't make this statement about herself? It shows that she really cares and doesn't want to call attention to her personal struggles. A lot of people that show support make this about themselves, about how they were mistreated by media and **** like that.

accurate!

8 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

We stan. She probably hasn't had any interaction with Britney since the late 00's but she is still showing support despite anything that happened in their past. When will Madonna, Lady Gaga and those so called feminists? I love you Xtina, going to stream your latest album.

Also, can we talk about how Xtina didn't make this statement about herself? It shows that she really cares and doesn't want to call attention to her personal struggles. A lot of people that show support make this about themselves, about how they were mistreated by media and **** like that.

Unlike JL :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 6
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I feel like Christina took an understandable amount of time to speak out. If someone you actually know personally and who works in the same field as you spoke out like Britney did--well, there's certainly a lot to process. It has been emotionally disturbing as a fan to hear about Britney's plight, but surely it is even more chilling for her peers.

She did say that she once knew her, meaning they are no longer in touch, or haven't been in a long time.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, generation glory said:

This hits the heart hard. :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: 

This is a thoughtful and compassionate response to Britney’s crisis. I’m thankful Christina chose to publicly show support for Britney. Yea, showing public support in an instance like this really does make a big difference in the grand scheme of things!!

This. She didn’t just post the hashtag. She wrote a thoughtful post standing in solidarity with Britney. Literally so proud of her. Britney better do a collaboration with her if she works again ❤️❤️❤️ “Fall in Line” definitely was meant for B and Xtina. 

• Love 1

I’m glad she emphasized how horrible it is that the people “closest” to Britney were the ones responsible for breaking Britney’s psyche. For me that is the saddest part of the testimony. Just imagine what Britney feels with all the endless mockery she went (and still going) through by the very people that should be protecting her. I hope Britney would be able to recover from her trust issues once she gets out of the con. 

• Like 5