Christina Aguilera on Britney's testimony: To be silenced, ignored, bullied or denied support by those 'close' to you is unimaginable

Christina Aguilera posted a super heartfelt message about Britney on social media.

These past few days I’ve been thinking about Britney and everything she is going through. 

It is unacceptable that any woman, or human, wanting to be in control of their own destiny might not be allowed to live life as they wish.

To be silenced, ignored, bullied or denied support by those “close” to you is the most depleting, devastating and demeaning thing imaginable. The harmful mental and emotional damage this can take on a human spirit is nothing to be taken lightly.

Every woman must have the right to her own body, her own reproductive system, her own privacy, her own space, her own healing and her own happiness.

While I am not behind the closed doors of this very layered & personal yet public conversation – all I can do is share from my heart on what I’ve heard, read and seen in the media.

The conviction and desperation of this plea for freedom leads me to believe that this person I once knew has been living without compassion or decency from those in control.

To a woman who has worked under conditions and pressure unimaginable to most, I promise you she deserves all of the freedom possible to live her happiest life.

My heart goes out to Britney. She deserves all the TRUE love and support in the world. 🤍

bxt.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I really don't think it's a competition but this makes me tear up a bit. Yeah, I know they weren't close anymore, but we know as children Britney was that friend to her. Her response was very sweet and well meaning and well thought. The fact she's posting a picture of them as kids is very powerful to me. And I think she knows.

• Like 3

We stan. She probably hasn't had any interaction with Britney since the late 00's but she is still showing support despite anything that happened in their past. When will Madonna, Lady Gaga and those so called feminists? I love you Xtina, going to stream your latest album.

Also, can we talk about how Xtina didn't make this statement about herself? It shows that she really cares and doesn't want to call attention to her personal struggles. A lot of people that show support make this about themselves, about how they were mistreated by media and **** like that.

• Like 4