Britney's whole career is based on enslavement

I've been thinking lately about how much of her discography directly relates to her life today with a lot of the relevant tracks being recorded and released before the conservatorship. Very eerie.

The tin foil hat in me wants to believe she was maybe trying to tell us all along because it is the biggest coincidence if there ever was one. One or two songs, maybe but Britney could literally have an albums worth of tracks that relate to her situation. 

• Like 1

She was always very controlled and put on a tight leash up until ITZ when she began to take the wheel more. But she actually said in the making of of Lucky she didn't really relate to the song and love what she does and don't like celebrities that complain too much. I guess life imitates art.

As for Overprotected, she did many times say she felt that way at the time, the whole Britney album she had a lot more control over writing, producers and everything.

Even "Born To Make You Happy". I know it's known as a simple breakup song. But if you listen to the lyrics, it could get new meanings. The concept for the DWAD tour is really interesting. Britney as music box ballerina. 

Was Britney born to make her fans, team and family happy? No, It's not the way her life should be.

cc5c22593c7f2113981a0029b8087f3d.jpg ElCZNPDXgAcfqjZ.jpg

• Like 1

i think that maybe from the beginning her family always pushed her, controlled her, made her feel guilty and as if it was her job to provide for them; she was so lucky to be so successful that she HAD to share, and it was like as if it was punishable to be successful without sharing with them.

they felt entitled, they felt like it was owed to them. then she started having a mind of her own, she started growing as a person, maturing and learning about what she wanted and they did NOT like that. - she couldn't have a mind of her own. how dare she.

and then we know the rest.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Intheblue said:

I imagine she considers 2002-2007 just as bad as the conservator years. She was trapped by her brand … the only difference is they got legal rights to make her comply after 2007 

Nah. 0% she thinks that.

her career is very meta. I don’t like interpreting songs in a way that makes them seem like they were referring to something they weren’t, because they held relevance at the time of their release. Overprotected, Slave, What it’s like to be me, etc all had meaning at the time of their release, and saying she was “foreshadowing [in a planned way]” takes away that original meaning. I can understand this type of thinking from non-fans, since they never saw the true meaning’s in those songs anyway, but I don’t know why you guys would be getting tin foil hatty when we know so many details and why certain things have gone the way they have lol

6 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

Nah. 0% she thinks that.

her career is very meta. I don’t like interpreting songs in a way that makes them seem like they were referring to something they weren’t, because they held relevance at the time of their release. Overprotected, Slave, What it’s like to be me, etc all had meaning at the time of their release, and saying she was “foreshadowing [in a planned way]” takes away that original meaning. I can understand this type of thinking from non-fans, since they never saw the true meaning’s in those songs anyway, but I don’t know why you guys would be getting tin foil hatty when we know so many details and why certain things have gone the way they have lol

THIS. Fans of all people should not be trying to rewrite history. Britney was by all accounts including her own, a very happy person all things considered between 1998-2004.

Yes, there are messages in songs like Overprotected that resonate to today, but it was put out under complete different circumstances. Britney actually had a lot more power and say over her career and life than now.

Also, if anything in 2002-2007 she was a lot freer from her brand than in 1998-2001.

I do think about this a lot. 

Has Britney been controlled and micromanaged her full career?

It seems that she can write and produce but they didn’t let her until her 3rd album! She had to fight for her single choices while her label tried to overrule her all the time. Even Melissa Joan Hart had said as early as 1999 that Britney wanted to go out and be young but wasn’t allowed to because she had a schedule. I wonder how much of her career was actually fun or if she has always secretly wanted to get out of the spotlight once she got huge and the demands got worse. When she was younger perhaps she just tolerated it better since she was new to the whole stardom thing. 

We were getting songs like Lucky as early as her second album. It feels like very early on she was starting to get tired of fame. Then definitely by 2004 she was done.