New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 2:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

BTS have made history again: “Butter” Tops Billboard Hot 100 For A Record-Breaking 5th Consecutive Week

Antidote

"Butter" is the first song from a group to mark 5 consecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart since 1996.

BTSs-Digital-Single-Butter-Release-Press

On June 28 local time, Billboard announced that BTS’s “Butter” had taken No. 1 on the Hot 100, its weekly ranking of the most popular songs in the United States, for the fifth consecutive week. “Butter” also topped the list for top-selling songs of the week.

BTS set the record for the longest-running No. 1 hit by any Asian act when it topped the Hot 100 for the fourth consecutive time last week. This week’s fifth consecutive No. 1 extends that record. Billboard’s Gary Trust writes, “Only one song by a group has topped the Hot 100 for more weeks from its debut than ‘Butter’: Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men’s ‘One Sweet Day,’ which spent its first 16 weeks on the chart at No. 1 in 1995-96.”

Billboard shared that “Butter” garnered 12.4 million U.S. streams and 128,400 downloads (a 15 percent increase) for the week ending on June 24, as well as 27.6 million radio airplay audience impressions (a 6 percent increase) in the week ending on June 27. Billboard also stated that “Butter” had sold at least 100,000 downloads in each of its first five weeks, the first song to do so since “Despacito” in 2017.

According to Billboard, “Butter” is just the 11th song out of the 54 songs that have debuted at No. 1 to spend its first five weeks at No. 1 in the history of the Hot 100. Of the 1,125 songs that have hit No. 1 in the history of the Hot 100, “Butter” is the 196th to spend at least five weeks at the top.

The #Hot100 top 10 (chart dated July 3, 2021)

— billboard charts (@billboardcharts) June 28, 2021

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477041wpp/btss-butter-tops-billboard-hot-100-for-a-record-breaking-5th-consecutive-week

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9593954/bts-butter-number-one-fifth-week-hot-100

Yeah not trying to throw shade but I honestly want to know how? Their streams aren't that high. Go look at Spotify Charts. Their iTunes placement isn't top 10. If you go Hits Daily Double it shows their sales $$ being high (radio airplay/payola?) but their stream income is still lower than the songs above and below them. Is every time someone orders a BTS McDonald's meal counting towards sales or something, I just don't get it? Outside of their fan base I don't think the GP knows Butter. 

And before one of their crazed stans comes at me, I listen to Kpop. I listen to BTS, though not like I used to as I think they lost their "Kpop"ness when they went English. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

I'm the only one who doesn't understand why they are so famous?🤔

They are good dancers but i don't feel like their songs are good and I don't think they are cute. I feel like BANG BANG was 1000000 times better but idk maybe I'm too old to understand.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Love that they are growing even bigger each year but I really miss their old music when they used to write about depression, school and university pressure, toxic beauty standards etc. Now they're are focusing more on fitting the American standard which I understand but kinda kills the appeal...otherwise they still are very down to earth and hard working people, love them.

• Love 2