Ed Sheeran on Olivia Rodrigo: "The world needs another Avril Lavigne"

Ed doesn’t know what he’s talking about but I’m not going to let his dumb opinion make me feel angry at Olivia :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

When I first heard a snippet of good 4 u my head went to Avril too. Then I listened the entire song and I soon found out it was NOTHING like Avril.

When I listen to the 3 Olivia songs I know my head doesn’t go to the early 00’s, she definitely takes inspiration from the late 00’s and 10’s kind of music and it’s obvious in her songwriting and singing (Taylor Swift, Lorde and maybe a little bit of Paramore?).

Avril doesn’t get enough credit: She’s a very good vocalist. She doesn’t need to sing in a forced way like Lorde or Halsey to prove that. Lately I’m worried she’s lost or never even knew her musical identity but I still have hope. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

2 hours ago, Kevney said:

I never heard of it

Then how can you tell Avril's music aged awfully and is totally cringe? Quite a contradiction if you ask meSo What Whatever GIF by Mariah Carey

Let Go is a really coherent album and it covers way more topics then Sour. And it is timeless in my opinion. Losing Grip, Complicated, I'm with you, Sk8er Boi, just to name a few, and I think the best one is Mobile, it's worth a listen

She was definitely an immature girl back then, but at the time that was a marketing strategy by her label too, just as much as Olivia had this PR breakup and "feud" with the other Disney kids. Avril then was a 'product' of her era, as much as Olivia is now.

But I prefer Avril and her 2002 album over Olivia and Sour, because I think one of it is way more bland than the other

8 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

it's just your persecution darling. Surely when Let Go was released you were a teenager, that's why the album feels more mature.

I mean did Avril break down like four chords throughout an entire song on Let Go. BTW I wasn’t a teen when Let Go released. I was a child. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: 

I think Olivia Is more reminiscent of Taylor Swift or Gwen Stefani (in No Doubt) :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

and BILLIE EILISH always makes me think she’s this generation’s Avril Lavigne :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I hate comparing but as someone who grew up with these queens, one can’t help but notice ....

IDK wth he’s talking about lol :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block