Ed Sheeran on Olivia Rodrigo: "The world needs another Avril Lavigne"

• Content Curators

During an interview on Most Requested Live, Ed Sheeran said, “I love Olivia Rodrigo. I don't know if she would like this comparison, but I’ve been saying this for years, the world needs a new Avril Lavigne.”

He added that both women started off young and wrote their songs with a rock sound.

ora.jpg.ab3719fb9a1f45f22fc66ae07703670f.jpg

My millennial *** is unsatisfied with this comparison. Loved "edgy" and "rebelling" Avril when I was young. 

Sure, she was being somewhat of a biyatch, but we have all been immature angsty youngers at one point and then we kinda grow up/mature - but her songs were very relatable for the period where you feel misunderstood and like people do not give you enough credit for your opinions because you are super young.

Olivia reminds me of early Taylor Swift - very safe and woke from the get-go and kinda boring and bland as well :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

She is super relatable, but she is more of a sweet girl that matures in more of a - "I hate that some things are happening to me, but such is life, and I gotta keep on fighting". Avril was quite unapologetic about not giving much f|_|cks about doing stupid sh|t. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

My millennial *** is unsatisfied with this comparison. Loved "edgy" and "rebelling" Avril when I was young. 

Sure, she was being somewhat of a biyatch, but we have all been immature angsty youngers at one point and then we kinda grow up/mature - but her songs were very relatable for the period where you feel misunderstood and like people do not give you enough credit for your opinions because you are super young.

Olivia reminds me of early Taylor Swift - very safe and woke from the get-go, and kinda boring and bland as well  (thou it seems the world is disagreeing with me) :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Totally agree with everything. Especially the part about Olivia... 

3 hours ago, Doja Kitten said:

Let Go was a pop culture phenomenon and way more impactful than sour IMO. Sour is a good album but some tracks on it sound very juvenile. While Avril had a more polished, mature sound at the same age :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

it's just your persecution darling. Surely when Let Go was released you were a teenager, that's why the album feels more mature.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block