Should we cancel femme fatale and Britney Jean?

I agree that she was into both Circus and Glory....she had quite a few writing credits on Circus and I think Theresa really considered Britney’s opinion when doing the track listing hence why songs like My Baby and Mmm Papi made the main track listing.Β 
Β 

As for Femme Fatale and BJ I hardly listen to them, especially BJ! Both of them are not good albums and Britney clearly wasn’t feeling them/they don’t feel like her!Β 

People like to defend circus because it’s their fav album when in fact it was probably the worst era where she felt ignored, the recording process was so rushed and sudden it’s hard to believe that she herself wanted to go into a studio instantly when we know blackout took a few years to record and finalise. I’m not going to pretend I now don’t like those albums because let’s be honest we have listened to them countless times since release and there’s no point going back now saying we don’t like them, I get that we shouldn’t celebrate them now but also if you’re going to do this for those albums we may as well do it for her entire discography while the conservatorship is still in place given she still doesn’t make money from any of them.Β 

everything from 2008 onwards should be cancelled. there's no way she was ok with the circus release after just like 6 months after the cship started. she was told that once that era was over she'd be free, that's why she wanted to release the album and go on tour.Β Β 

this isn't about if britney was super involved in all of her albums, it's about what albums were released under this abusive situation. therefore baby, oops, britney, itz and blackout are good. but i understand the boycott, i think it would be a great ideaΒ to boycott the whole brand until she's free since she's not making any money atm.

• Like 1

You have already listened the hell out of them.Β So what’s the point in all of this?

I haven’t listened to Femme Fatale in years because it aged as milk and I was blind atΒ the beginning. Now that I’m older I can see how it has never been a passion project. So I haven’t bought that vinyl and I don’t stream that really. I don’t enjoy that music that much, except maybe a few songs…

Β 

But if you already got the vinyl or the cd, who do you harmΒ with that to listen them if you enjoy? Maybe I’m wrong but these are the things that won’t change the situation a bit.

Β 

Imagine a club for instance that would give homage to Britney, her legacy or even the movement by playing for example β€œI wanna go” So would you rather tell them to stop playing it because it was recorded during such times? I would be still glad to hear something like that even if Femme Fatale is not my favorite by far. Also with this logic we could all cancel Bombastic love, Outrageous, the entire Blackout for some other reasons, Everytime (just because it’s dark and is about Justin), oh and then why not cancel What it’s like to be me too?Β :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:
Β 

I don’t even wanna talk about BJ… :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

21 minutes ago, Riko said:

You have already listened the hell out of them.Β So what’s the point in all of this?

I haven’t listened to Femme Fatale in years because it aged as milk and I was blind atΒ the beginning. Now that I’m older I can see how it has never been a passion project. So I haven’t bought that vinyl and I don’t stream that really. I don’t enjoy that music that much, except maybe a few songs…

Β 

But if you already got the vinyl or the cd, who do you harmΒ with that to listen them if you enjoy? Maybe I’m wrong but these are the things that won’t change the situation a bit.

Β 

Imagine a club for instance that would give homage to Britney, her legacy or even the movement by playing for example β€œI wanna go” So would you rather tell them to stop playing it because it was recorded during such times? I would be still glad to hear something like that even if Femme Fatale is not my favorite by far. Also with this logic we could all cancel Bombastic love, Outrageous, the entire Blackout for some other reasons, Everytime (just because it’s dark and is about Justin), oh and then why not cancel What it’s like to be me too?Β :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:
Β 

I don’t even wanna talk about BJ… :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

i mean if you got the vinyl or the cd and you want to listen to it it doesn't harm britney in any way, it's just that, to me, it just feels wrong, like consuming a product made by a slave. streaming is different tho, she doesn't make any money out of it so boycotting the entire discography would be ideal.

and no, Bombastic Love, Outrageous or Blackout aren't the same, she wasn't literally enslaved to record them.Β