Why the hell there has to be an "evaluation"?

I don't know if an evaluation is a necessary step in every process of terminating a conservatorship by Californian law, but apparently the majority of conservatees still have to undergo one. HOWEVER, let's remember what a conservatorship actually is:

"Conservatorship is a legal term referring to the legal responsibilities of a conservator over the affairs of a person who has been deemed gravely disabled by the court and unable to meet their basic needs of food, clothing, and shelter."

In the meantime, Britney Spears, over the last 13 years of her conservatorship:

- 3 studio albums

- 4 worldwide tours

- Music videos, commercials, TV shows

- Hundreds of shows in Las Vegas for 4 years

- Judge on the X Factor

- Side projects like clothing lines, lingerie line, new fragrance releases

MILLIONS, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS EARNED FOR THE ABUSERS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS 

britney-spears-take-a-sit-down-private-s

There are way more accomplishments but you get the point :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

ALSO, Britney's lawyer Sam Ingham once called Britney a "high-functioning conservatee" (what the **** does it even mean?) and Britney's ex conservator of the estate referred to her conservatorship as a "hybrid business model" a few years ago.

So my question is WHY would the judge Brenda Penny even need a ******* evaluation when all the evidence of Britney having a successful professional working career generating millions of dollars and being FAR from GRAVELY mentally or physically ill is right in front of our eyes? 

• Like 5

Actually, it's the legal process. But, Britney said she feels depressed because of the things she has experienced in this conservatorship. So, the normal thing in the European system would be change the people who's in charge of cship and after a period of time, a new evaluation by professional doctors and of course, impartial doctors.

But this U.S system... I don't get anything. Everything is a mess.

2 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Actually, it's the legal process. But, Britney said she feels depressed because of the things she has experienced in this conservatorship. So, the normal thing in the European system would be change the people who's in charge of cship and after a period of time, a new evaluation by professional doctors and of course, impartial doctors.

But this U.S system... I don't get anything. Everything is a mess.

But she also said there have been cases when judges didn't order an evaluation. I wonder if it's accurate though 

Just now, Someone Else said:

But she also said there have been cases when judges didn't order an evaluation. I wonder if it's accurate though 

I don't know. But her team alleges she needs the conservatorship and she denies it. Opposite interests. The judge and jury could decide it's the best option to decide. 

If Britney were european, she would've gone home with other people as conservator and some kind of protection and date to evaluate her state. I don't undertand how it works but human rights / constitucional rights don't get all the attention they deserve. It's so weird because Europe always look up to U.S and excuse me but, in terms of law and human rights, they seem to live in 1940, it seems.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Someone Else said:

I’m sure there are cases. But say this wasn’t a corrupt judge and case, most judges want to make sure they are doing the right thing for the Conservatee. It’s the whole “oh set her free and watch her fail” fear. They don’t want to let someone out of it that does actually NEED it. Because the whole point is to keep them safe. Although in Britney’s case they will probably require it just to pay off the investigation to keep her in it 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, AP4 said:

I’m sure there are cases. But say this wasn’t a corrupt judge and case, most judges want to make sure they are doing the right thing for the Conservatee. It’s the whole “oh set her free and watch her fail” fear. They don’t want to let someone out of it that does actually NEED it. Because the whole point is to keep them safe. Although in Britney’s case they will probably require it just to pay off the investigation to keep her in it 

Just because someone went through difficult times at the age of 25 and might have some mental health related issues doesn't mean they have to be deprived of their basic human rights and freedoms for 13 years while being mentally and physically ABUSED by everyone including their freaking therapist, FORCED to perform against their will, take the WRONG meds and STILL earn money for the conservators. How the hell does it make sense? It literally annihilates the entire point of a conservatorship. I don't understand how the judge doesn't get it, or pretends not to.

• Like 1

Because somewhere someone put in her medical records that she is severely mentally ill and cannot make day to day decisions/function without the help of others. The problem is the damage that all this has done to her mental state/ability isn’t being factored in and doctors hand picked by her team have always been used. 

• Like 1

Whoever gives the eval will be payed off to write up a bad report on Britney. The system It’s made for her to fail anything they “test” her with or about… so they can hold reign over her and force her to do anything they please. It’s sick. I know a few people who have been in court cases and their lawyer was able to pick where they went and who gave them an evaluation. Most court cases do this for many reasons but Britney is not able to hire her own lawyer who would then pick her evaluator.. the evaluation is given to her by somebody Jodi or her father picked and that right there is a 🚩 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Someone Else said:

Just because someone went through difficult times at the age of 25 and might have some mental health related issues doesn't mean they have to be deprived of their basic human rights and freedoms for 13 years while being mentally and physically ABUSED by everyone including their freaking therapist, FORCED to perform against their will, take the WRONG meds and STILL earn money for the conservators. How the hell does it make sense? It literally annihilates the entire point of a conservatorship. I don't understand how the judge doesn't get it, or pretends not to.

I don’t think she ever needed it. She just needed some love and guidance. But because she was put in the conservatorship it’s legally stated she is unable to care for herself. And for the judge to end it without an evaluation it means they are risking that she may become a harm to herself/others so if something was to happen they can be told “well why didn’t you have an evaluation to make sure she was ready for this?” It basically just covers the judges a$* and we know they are all corrupt as hell so she’ll definitely want to cover her own a*$ since Britney is a public figure and if things implode it’ll be in the public eye. I think Britney will be fine if she has those in her life to love and guide her and help her transition to life “on her own” again. But that’s not something the court is going to risk.