Senate Leader says he supports the #FreeBritney movement & that Congress should look at laws how to help

"I saw what her father did to her."

That particular comment was unprompted - Schumer is clearly informed on the case. Spears family, even the Senate Leader knows. There is NO going back now: you can no longer treat this as a family secret and shove it back in the closet. Regardless of whether congress does anything, the point is that your reputation is ****ed.

• Like 1

Could we all possibly call the office of our representatives and demand they look into it? I know people have done this with other issues, it’s pretty par for the course and what we have them there for. This might be seen as a civil issue but the state of California enforces these conservatorships.

37 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

"I saw what her father did to her."

That particular comment was unprompted - Schumer is clearly informed on the case. Spears family, even the Senate Leader knows. There is NO going back now: you can no longer treat this as a family secret and shove it back in the closet. Regardless of whether congress does anything, the point is that your reputation is ****ed.

Staying quiet worked for a long time. Not anymore :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

4 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Here’s somewhere they can start. Pass a constitutional amendment allowing US citizens the right to choose their own lawyer.

Already exists. We'd need a law for conservatees to be able to choose their own lawyers, which was proposed but rejected this year. :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

I felt for a whille after the NYT doc, a lot of stuff was starting to happen after the big hype was dying down that wasn't favourable but Britney's testimony hooked back the GP. 

Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Already exists. We'd need a law for conservatees to be able to choose their own lawyers, which was proposed but rejected this year. :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

The sixth amendment says everyone is entitled to a lawyer, it doesn’t say they can pick whatever lawyer they want. They need to amend the sixth amendment to say everyone can pick the lawyer of their choice

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I hope he actually follows through. It doesn’t carry as much weight to me when he’s only saying this after someone has asked him versus him bringing it up to the public himself. 

Like why would he have publicly spoke about it. You actually think the Senate Majority Leader is focused on Britney’s conservatorship?!