Myah Marie: " I'm not in on some dirty game. Keep the focus on #freebritney please"

37 minutes ago, Musicandsoul said:

FFS. Its this stupid **** that literally makes the movement look STUPID. 

Her dad, team and lawyers are why we are here, not Myah. 

Stop this!!!

Sweetie, Britney was HUMILIATED by someone else mimicking her voice and being in hits like Work ***** 

BUT

Will I am is a bigger villain because he was already rich, famous and stablished… he could have said no. Myah was probably paid little money and now has big headaches.

I don’t think hate should be sent her away…she like all of Britney’s background dancers were just hired to do a job. She didn’t the producers/managers to make her vocals more prominent. Maybe Britney Jean was a shock to her too and she didn’t expect to be so heavily featured on it? That said tho she’s been working with Britney since blackout so I believe she was probably originally hired by jive

1 hour ago, Arthurfleck said:

Sweetie, Britney was HUMILIATED by someone else mimicking her voice and being in hits like Work ***** 

BUT

Will I am is a bigger villain because he was already rich, famous and stablished… he could have said no. Myah was probably paid little money and now has big headaches.

I’m tired of this. Don’t send William hate maybe he was the only producer who agreed to deal with team cons antics because he genuinely wanted to help Britney, and what if that was his only option to help her make music

4 hours ago, amax said:

I do agree that people should focus on keeping the attention to the people that actively are harming Britney on a daily basis. Myah has been a great supporter of the #freebritney movement but…to diss all the producers and mixers when she was very much involved in multiple Britney projects throughout the C-ship and now saying she was only doing backing vocals.. come on.. she can’t be that naive and really believe she was being directed to mimic britney’s voice just to be used as backing vocals. You’re not. That. Innocent. 

I kinda agree with this I mean she couldn’t had really thought that high note she did in passenger was typical for a background singer to do

We gotta appreciate support like this. Not everyone is going to be on the same level of support as Paris or Miley but some people are trying and we can't always attack them for not doing sooner. MM probably didn't know about the deal that went on as Brit's management were calling the shots. On another post here, it claimed not even Britney knew about BJ being rerecorded by somebody else.

@PokemonSpears and I are ones of those who love Britney Jean. I am still not convinced Britney's voice is completely absent from Body Ache. I've taken the time to listen to a lot of Myah Marie's material, and Britney's timbre in that song is unmistakable to my ears. Myah confirmed to be a background vocalist in that song on her SoundBetter profile (as well as co-writer), she's definitely in there, but I do hear Brit as well (individual vocal stems for that song never leaked). And this:

As for Work *****, individual vocal stems for that song did not leak neither, but there are different demos out there. I'm one of those who believe it's Brit mixed w/ Myah throughout. As for Til It's Gone and Chillin' With You, same thing. Vocal stems of Alien and Brightest Morning Star leaked; Myah's louder in the choruses of those songs for sure, but she's not the one that engineered the record. Myah was made louder in the pre-chorus of the song Circus too, remember? As for her ad-libs in Tik Tik Boom, that's not dubbing at all, but stuff background/supporting singers often do.

Now, Passenger is quite the débâcle... Myah's never acknowledged any involvement whatsoever in that song, but she is said to have dubbed half of it; some of Brit's vocals were rumouredly accidentally deleted, and Brit's original leaked vocal take sounds somewhat different w/ one fewer word, but eh! Whatever the truth is, what's done is done, and Myah did not engineer the record. If there was foul play, it's on the producers, engineers and RCA, so leave the girl alone.

As a fanbase, we need to really learn to pick and choose our battles.

Myah Marie isn't a villain here, she's a singer who probably wanted to do her job, signed a team con NDA and then found herself in a position she was contractually obliged to be in. 

Frankly, given Britney's statement, and how abusive her team is known to be, I'd say everyone involved in this album found themselves contractually forced to do it too late to change anything and personally responsible for any damages caused if they stepped out of line.

I mean, everyone involved was told what to do and say by Team Con, and the credits are vague anything that states something other than the truth is legally binding.

Remember, it's a 50k payment per instance of NDA breakage, without additional legal fees for lawyers etc. Against a multi-million estate potentially bringing the reputation of a recording label.

That's not a lawsuit a backing singer could fight.

4 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@PokemonSpears and I are ones of those who love Britney Jean. I am still not convinced Britney's voice is completely absent from Body Ache. I've taken the time to listen to a lot of Myah Marie's material, and Britney's timbre in that song is unmistakable to my ears. Myah confirmed to be a background vocalist in that song on her SoundBetter profile (as well as co-writer), she's definitely in there, but I do hear Brit as well (individual vocal stems for that song never leaked). And this:

As for Work *****, individual vocal stems for that song did not leak neither, but there are different demos out there. I'm one of those who believe it's Brit mixed w/ Myah throughout. As for Til It's Gone and Chillin' With You, same thing. Vocal stems of Alien and Brightest Morning Star leaked; Myah's louder in the choruses of those songs for sure, but she's not the one that engineered the record. Myah was made louder in the pre-chorus of the song Circus too, remember? As for her ad-libs in Tik Tik Boom, that's not dubbing at all, but stuff background/supporting singers often do.

Now, Passenger is quite the débâcle... Myah's never acknowledged any involvement whatsoever in that song, but she is said to have dubbed half of it; some of Brit's vocals were rumouredly accidentally deleted, and Brit's original leaked vocal take sounds somewhat different w/ one fewer word, but eh! Whatever the truth is, what's done is done, and Myah did not engineer the record. If there was foul play, it's on the producers, engineers and RCA, so leave the girl alone.

We've been through this before, and i still you're giving team con too much benefit of the doubt.

I interviewed Myah Marie, and she talked about background vocals.  She mentioned that when she recorded CIRCUS, she only got paid $500. Background singers, don't get paid a lot.  Also, she did background for other artists too.  Selena Gomez, etc.   Background vocalists and demo singers, tone truly depends on what the vocal producer/producer is looking for.  

I understand that people would like someone to blame, but I have seen so much energy and negativity get thrown at people who should not be receiving it.  

I have interviewed many Britney songwriters, and even in one instance for Unusual You, You can hear the songwriter KC Livingston's voice mashed with Britney's voice through the whole song.  

Justin Bieber's sorry, the opening vocals that is the songwriter of Sorry Julia Michaels.  

Demo singers/background singers sounding like an artist is not new.  Everyone feels frustrated, I get that.  I feel like I am going to make sure to use my energy in a different way.  Britney Spears has changed pop music and pop culture.  She is talented.  

The aggression towards Myah Marie, or other background vocalists or singers...is a lot.  I had seen so many nasty things, and we all know how women on the internet get treated worse than men.  Nothing gets accomplished by bullying or harassing other artists.  

• Like 1

Hell I'm over WB & BJ now, To me it's some Demonic Chant towards Britney, Who barely even sang the damn song. The song is Kinda unlike her anyways. It was something new and upbeat for The Residency, but obviously passion...and time was not put into the pieced together album. Just another forced money making tactic.

20 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

But it isn't all she did. She recorded an offensive parody of "Piece Of Me" titled "Don't Take My Kids From Me" or "Don't Take My Kids Away". She, like everyone else, is just saving face.

What she did prior to start recording her background vocals for Britney doesnt matter. The subject is Britney Jean and how Team CON and Anthony Preston did what hey did in that project. I know a lot of Britney fans today that circa 2007/2008 used to make fun of Britney but later on became huge fans of her. Besides, the problem here is that come crazy people are accusing Myah of being part of the problem and threatening her, when in reality all she did was do the job she was hired to do. Why people go after her and not Anthony which was the vocal engineer of all the tracks her vocals stand out? Because she's a woman and its easier to target her.

• Like 1

Fans are going crazy here, she was just called for backup vocals for BJ here - it's Brit's team who made her sing more than just back up and let's be real who wouldn't wanna sing for Britney? 

She is not the one to bully here, this needs to stop. 

• Like 1