Iggy Azalea explains why some of her peers/collaborators haven't spoken out

1 hour ago, amiro1989 said:

Fines are very likely. Diffamation lawsuits. Not sure if jail time is an option. I think it's mostly a financial thing. I could be wrong. My NDA was only about my company and not related to the industry, although I did go to events and shows that required NDAs.

NDAs are ironclad. Good luck getting around them.

But this issue could be challenged in SCOTUS. The issue we are seeing is this: What supersedes which? The NDA or speaking up when it concerns potential human rights violations? If the NDA is being used as a tool to force people into silence, is it indeed “ironclad” or would a court find that they are breakable in the event illegalities are taking place? I can’t see any judge, in good conscience, ruling that an NDA supersedes human rights. 

5 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

But this issue could be challenged in SCOTUS. The issue we are seeing is this: What supersedes which? The NDA or speaking up when it concerns potential human rights violations? If the NDA is being used as a tool to force people into silence, is it indeed “ironclad” or would a court find that they are breakable in the event illegalities are taking place? I can’t see any judge, in good conscience, ruling that an NDA supersedes human rights. 

But we already know the California court system is corrupt, as they are being paid loads of cash to keep her in this system..

You need the FBI or higher, cos California is being paid to keep her in this..

It's a known fact. 

19 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

Trust me, I have lived a situation where I need to go around  NDA, and have yet to find a way to go around it.... I'm not Britney and I had don't have her resources, but at this point in time, if me a free person does not have resources, I can't imagine what are Britney's.

I completely agree with you. NDAs should not be used to hide abuse.

6 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I love Iggz. There's a reason why Britney chose to collaborate with her. Can you all concentrate on the real bad guys? There are so many... Goetz, Penny, Ingham, Jamie, LT...

Would Britney have made this decision? I think her team decided all her collabs. 

9 hours ago, MmmBop said:

Can I just say your points are the most rational and well argued in this thread. Please keep posting, you’re talking so much sense and it’s refreshing af.

I had an argument on another forum the other day where someone likened celebrities speaking out about free Britney as someone putting a black square on their profile for Black Lives Matter.

I feel like they are very different  issues especially for celebrities and popstars. Britney is their PEER and in many cases she paved the way for their careers and they can’t even say one thing to show support? 

And yet iconic forces like Mariah and Cher (who Britney looks up to I’m sure) have stepped up without hesitation.

I agree that reaching out privately is important too but if you won’t take a public stance on this issue as an influencer you are indeed complicit.

20 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

Wouldn’t an NDA of something that is “illegal” or “unethical” be completely invalidated?

It depends which order it is signed in. If its signed before realising what it encompasses, its slightly too late and no shade to Iggy, but I doubt she has 50k per instance to pay for each instance of breaking ndas.

7 hours ago, limecakes said:

Would Britney have made this decision? I think her team decided all her collabs. 

I think she did. I do NOT like when fans think she's controlled in every single way, or all the time. The conservatorship is incredibly asphyxiating but EVEN IN THIS SITUATION Britney still manages to grasp aspects of her life. I think she's more determined and powerful than we think. We still got a 2020 re-issue cover of her breaking from chains. She still makes decisions.

• Love 1
On 6/26/2021 at 12:35 PM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Everyone jumped down her throat back then and the "failure" of Pretty Girls is ultimately what kick-started her downfall and eventual jump to being independent. I'd be pretty salty too.

Everyone who ever spoke out about how the c-ship was abusing Britney was dismissed as a hater and dragged for ages. Do we not remember Adrienne Bailon during X-Factor? All she said was that Britney was stiff and uncomfortable, and all the "yass queen" *****es scalped her for weeks on Twitter.

But that’s not all Adrienne said, and I don’t think that’s why people dragged her. She said on the real (this video has since been removed from YouTube conveniently) that Britney had an ear piece and was barely there at all. She talked about how she had someone tell her everythint and then Lonni went on to talk about how Britney deserves this Karma for taking Kevin federaline from Shai Jackson or whatever which is untrue 

• Love 1
On 6/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Easy There said:

Guys in all honesty Iggy recieved so much hate when PG flopped. Everyone blamed her. She got even more heat when "Britney" tweeted that clap back.

She doesn't sound salty. And I understand why she wants to sit this one out publically 

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

She did receive a lot of hate and I would be frustrated if people were pushing me to say stuff that I can't speak about. 

She is absolutely right for respecting Britney's hardships and privacy. This story is difficult. Also, back then, there were tons of zombies who kept praising Jamie Spears and would get absolutely offended if you even questioned Britney's state. If you ever said she looked medicated they would say "what do you want from her?" hahaha as if a performance, mediocre or great would have made a difference in anyone's life. I think many of us questioning back then were, mostly, concerned with the feeling of noticing something was off. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I think she did. I do NOT like when fans think she's controlled in every single way, or all the time. The conservatorship is incredibly asphyxiating but EVEN IN THIS SITUATION Britney still manages to grasp aspects of her life. I think she's more determined and powerful than we think. We still got a 2020 re-issue cover of her breaking from chains. She still makes decisions.

I honestly don't agree with this. Probably she was thrown some options and could pick from there, but you can't really think she was allowed to go on and choose collaborators, when she is not even allowed to meet with friends or is medicated against her will, stripped naked if she "misbehaved" . Saying that she is determined is not to be debated, she is. Being abused doesn't necessarily speak about a person's determination or lack of it thereof. It speaks, mostly and specially in this context, of the character of the abuser, not the abused. She was forced to sign papers against her will, what more proof does anybody need? They controlled her time even with her boyfriends! 

14 minutes ago, Bigno said:

On 6/27/2021 at 11:56 AM, bitbitboi said:

I only ask because some of her collabs have been questionable. Like Drop Dead Beautiful with Sabi (who wasn’t even an up and comer at that time). Or her management tagging people on insta that Britney clearly has no contact with… 

• Like 1
On 6/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, IForgotYouExisted said:

I honestly can't believe that Madonna for one would even sign such a thing. She never played ANYTHING by the rules so why would she bother doing it now? Nah...I don't believe it's about the NDA closure. There's something else of which they clearly are afraid of.

Jamie cornered her and wouldn’t let her on stage unless she signed it. It’s not JUST about the NDA, these are clearly very shady people who know how to use the law to their full advantage and threaten your safety legally. They could leak your number to the press, leak your address, spin tales about you, and put you in a position where your life is threatened.